What Are You Working On With Your Dogs.

Diesel and i are currently working on our Open stuff . We are learning dumbell at the moment he has progressed so well and loves his dumbell , and drop on recall (eeeeewwwww not working so far , if any one has any suggestions to improve this ,would love to hear it ). :confused:

Check out the current thread "Moving From Novice To Open" by Zug Zug, I've been following it as I'm currently training for open too.

:laugh:

Thanks will do !!! :laugh:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amber is working on sitting :) Also working on getting her used to the lead. She had the worse reaction I have ever had!

Poppy is working on tidying up her work for CCD. I was pretty happy with her today after a big break and in the heat. She also didn't growl at any dogs so bonus!

Brock? arrr What to do with Brock? I am actually going to try and do CCD with him too. Everything is pretty good except for heeling that has gone a bit weird due to his agility stuff.

Fern is working on keeping the young dogs in order :laugh:

After a venture out into a Show n Go in Novice, I think i need to work on what to do in between exercises...and to also refresh in my mind what order the Novice exercises are.

It's been awhile since I've done Novice and there's been changes :) It all went past very quickly :laugh:

Thank you to the kind judge :o

I taught my BC to go back on DC and he ended up going more than one body length backwards!!! :o I found I had more control by teaching him on a agility table. Actually I must pull my finger out and start teaching Brook proper UDX DC. I've never bothered to teach the stand (my bad) in DC so have a bit of a teach ahead of me :D

Beckie and I are working on our Distance Control for UDX. :D

She was starting to come forward a lot after a few positions not good :)

so I decided to teach her to take a step back every time she stands up, especially from the sit,

(that's where she steps forward like she's lost her balance).

It is cool, she's doing it after a week, now I have to shape it so she doesn't take too many steps back.

When we started, she was running back :laugh: now she's a bit calmer, and nearly doing it the way I want.

luvsablue

Beckie the Bluey

:)

As of today we are now working on not chomping on the dumbell, she understands hold really well and the retrieve we are getting better at but she does work it around in her mouth. Was thinking of getting her to hold it until I can see the chomping has stopped and then reward - any people who have stopped this in their dog suggestions would be welcome!

Also a rock solid stand - we are getting better but sometimes she will move her front feet slightly when someone approaches for the examination.

i would be more inclined to take it off her and put it behind your back with a quiet NRM such as too bad or oops. Try again and be prepared to mark before she starts chomping. You will have to be quick and if you are using a clicker be prepared for her to drop the dumbbell in order to get the treat....thats ok as you're only marking the good hold. Do this while sitting in a chair and don't throw the dumbbell until you get a good hold.

As of today we are now working on not chomping on the dumbell, she understands hold really well and the retrieve we are getting better at but she does work it around in her mouth. Was thinking of getting her to hold it until I can see the chomping has stopped and then reward - any people who have stopped this in their dog suggestions would be welcome!

Also a rock solid stand - we are getting better but sometimes she will move her front feet slightly when someone approaches for the examination.

Edited by bedazzledx2

oh dear - everyone is so advanced. Max & I are doing "sit". Wouldn't mind if he would drop the ball wheh he retrieves it either. But I'd be happy with a sit that lasts longer than a nano second :D

:D I've given up expecting Sasha to return with a ball, much less actually give it up without a chase ;)

I'm currently working on a 'pat' command - Sasha is quite shy when strangers try to pat her, so trying to boost her confidence by making it a command that she knows, and knows how she should respond and what is happening.

Also trying to work on her recall... it's pretty decent at home... outside our home it just disappears...

And also prettying up her 'heel' which she is darn almost perfect at now, bless her cotton socks.

Thanks bedazzled, I was a bit hesitant to do that as we have been working on a longer 'hold' and I was thinking by rewarding her quick we were taking a step back but I think it might be necessary to ease the chomping.

She is my first dog that I've done any kind of formal obedience with so sometimes I think I've "got" something then someone will pick something that we can do better - I don't mind, I wouldn't have a clue otherwise! I feel bad because Sooty will always be my practice dog as I haven't done certain exercises and routines before but I couldn't be happier with her and she is doing so well for such a novice owner!! We are learning together. :laugh:

i would be more inclined to take it off her and put it behind your back with a quiet NRM such as too bad or oops. Try again and be prepared to mark before she starts chomping. You will have to be quick and if you are using a clicker be prepared for her to drop the dumbbell in order to get the treat....thats ok as you're only marking the good hold. Do this while sitting in a chair and don't throw the dumbbell until you get a good hold.