Wormers - Do Worms Become Resistant?

Not sure if it's resistance or the efficacy of certain products.

ETA: I've always used Drontal and don't rotate products, have never experienced worm burden in adults.

Have used Troy for the babies a couple of times and had worm burden, which would probably be related to efficacy not resistance.

Edited by SBT123

• 3 weeks later...

I usually use Drontal liquid for my pups but have recently had a problem with a Toy poodle pup. She was healthy , lively, eating well, good gum colour ( not anaemic). I had wormed the litter only 3 days before sending them to a pet shop up north.They had not passed any worms so I take it they were clean. A few days later I was contacted & told the pup had passed a worm "as long as 2 fingers" . They claimed that she died the next day . As she was healthy & free of worms when she left my place I wonder if she had ingested worms that another pup had passed after leaving my place . Has anyone else had experience with this type of thing ? Or is this a sign that worms are becoming resistant.

I usually use Drontal liquid for my pups but have recently had a problem with a Toy poodle pup. She was healthy , lively, eating well, good gum colour ( not anaemic). I had wormed the litter only 3 days before sending them to a pet shop up north.They had not passed any worms so I take it they were clean. A few days later I was contacted & told the pup had passed a worm "as long as 2 fingers" . They claimed that she died the next day . As she was healthy & free of worms when she left my place I wonder if she had ingested worms that another pup had passed after leaving my place . Has anyone else had experience with this type of thing ? Or is this a sign that worms are becoming resistant.

Are you a registered breeder and if so why are u sending puppies to a pet shop :thumbsup:

Are you a registered breeder and if so why are u sending puppies to a pet shop :D

Agreed. Why breed dogs if you don't have buyers for them? :D There's no way you can know where the pups you produced will end up or what kind of owners they will have.

Poor little puppies :thumbsup: