What Breed

Pointees

I'm wondering what breed my little dog is.

We were told Maltese cross pug when we purchased him.

He is about the size of a Cavy. His coat is soft and wavey, its mostly white, but has really light carmel patches on his back (I mean really light, you would only see them if he was freshly bathed and you were actually looking for them!!).

When he has his mouth open, his tongue curls upwards like a pug, and he seems to 'snort' a few times a day for now reason. :(

He's a fast learner, but at the same time, if he doesn't get a treat fast enough becomes bossy and barks at us to hurry up. Of course, this makes us wait longer when giving him the treat. :rofl: He's friendly to his family, but barks at every person, dog and car that goes past the house.

He gets along great with my rabbits, but growls at the Pointers when they get in his face, which is fair enough, he's the size of a rabbit to them! :rofl:

He's happy to sleep all day, but at the same ttime, loves to go out for walks. He likes to rip paper up, and toilet rolls! :rofl: He loves his food, but most desexed dogs do. He's got lovely muscle on his back legs, but is a bit over weight too. :rofl:

First photo is a puppy shot... Taken in the first week of him being with us.

Second photo was taken at 6 months old.

Third photo was taken this week.

Last photo was take about a year ago.

Thanks!!

post-28840-1263949748_thumb.jpg

post-28840-1263949844.jpg

post-28840-1263949892_thumb.jpg

post-28840-1263949929_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pointees

Is there anything that makes you think he isn't what you were told? He's as likely to be Pug x Maltese as anything else that come to mind from the photos, and both breeds are frequently used in cross breedings.

Despite the way we all like to guess, you can't every really tell what is in a cross breed from appearance, they can turn out like either parent, a mix of the two, or something that looks completely different.

He looks sweet.

Edited by Diva

Thanks STB! :)

Diva, I'm just wondering. I have no idea what he is or even could be.

I basically just want to see what others think he could be.

OK, I thought you must have reason to think the advice was bad.

To me, he looks like what they told you he was.

But he could have something else in there. :flame:

Bonnie Parker, his coat tends to get wavey when longer.

I took him to a pet shop (one that doesn't sell animals) as I wanted a green colour for him, and they thought Shih Tzu.

Then that got me thinking there could be anything, and I probably don't see it because I love my gundogs. :p

he's my mums dog, I love my 2 Pointers and my GSP.

Forgot to add, he went to Hanging Rock with my 3 gun dogs and easily went up tot he top. :)

maybe he's part staffy. ;) :p

He didn't fall behind either! He did better then the two Pointers! ;)

of course, slept on the way home.