Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Hey Didles.. Its no wonder you're unsure after all you've been through.. You know you've got our support whatever you decide.

Littlehoot, you've already booked her vaccinations? :laugh: You must be climbing the walls waiting for these last few days to pass.

Badger's doing great.. Starting to really show his terrier side.. digging in the bark chips and getting covered in soil and then looking so proud of himself.. :welcome: I'm not sure when I should leave the 'Waiting for A Puppy' thread since I'm not waiting any more but I feel like I know you guys... :D

Here are a few new pics..

DSCF0026.jpg

A fellow wine-lover! Just like his mum.. ;) (Don't worry - I didn't really let him have any.. )

DSC02034.jpg

Passed out with his teddy

DSC02068.jpg

I think its good to get other puppy updates whilst waiting as it means I get a puppy fix.

Climbing the walls, no never lol. I am cleaning the house top to bottom today in order to keep myself busy. Plus the dishwasher is in getting fixed again, second time in a week.

Gotta love badgers digging pic, not that I should be laughing at it.

Super excited, cant wait. I even have her needles booked in for second and third vaccinations.

Thats good that you are looking but if you dont feel the pup on the weekend is for you, dont feel you have to get it. How did you getting your deposit back, hope it wasnt too stressful.

Wow you are on the ball! lol

5 days left for us. :o I reckon I'll count down on here every day I'm that excited lol

I needed to make sure she was covered re her vaccinations for showing and puppy classes ect. I spoke with my vets about it so booked them whilst I was on the phone.

I cant believe the other thread on the poor puppy with Parvo. Its making me angry and sad for the new owners. Cant begin to imagine the work they are going to need to do, to keep the virus from flaring up again.

Didles ~ I have been reading your posts and threads on here, and I just wanted to say be very careful, even with those that advertise on DOL. Most of them are NOT registered breeders. You are better going to the Bulldog club of the state your in, or closest to you and get a list of registered breeders from them or from the Canine Council in your state. I am after a French Bulldog and I have found heaps on the net and in papers....some going for as little as $500 up to $3,000. Because I want a pup without the health problems and I'm willing to pay good money for it, I asked in the Frenchies thread in SubBreeds on DOL for recommendations and I got quite a few. Don't worry about buying from interstate an airfare for a pup is usually between $100 - $200. I have done this twice before and had no worries at all. I just wanted you to be very careful about where you get your pup from. Its an awful lot of money to buy a BB and have it end in disaster.

Bluefairy

Thank you for that, I had gone to the house and they were well look after, kennels were clean but had something not sit right, I have contacted one of the breeders I have been recommended so we will wait and see what happens from that. I didn't realize the flight were that reasonable. Good luck with your baby.

Hi Didles,

Thats great you have contacted another breeder. I hope this one turns out to be magical in its ease and you get your little baby very soon. Yes flights interstate are quite good, especially for smallish puppies ;) As there are only about 2 breeders of Frenchies here in SA, it looks like I might have to go interstate to get mine. But as I said its easy and cheaper than you think :)

All the luck in the world to you and to the OP.

Bluefairy

Look out may have news from a breeder, waiting tapping away looking at my inbox....... Man this is hard.......Oh that is one thing I forgot, I have the frontline, Look out Petbarn I am calling soon, oh and my bank account can't resist toys!