Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

great news DogNerd and welcome Barney! (named after the purple dude, Barney from the Simpsons or Barney Stinson?)

Thanks. Named after Barney Rubble :thumbsup: I've been calling him Barney Trouble lol.

DogNerd what breed is your pup? Very cute!!!

Thankyou he's a Samoyed :laugh:

went to see John at khingsahl rottweilers outside of ipswich, QLD. Had a beautiful acreage house, with perfect dog areas for his boys and girls. Had 4 males and 4 females at 4 weeks. The sire is - http://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/profile.asp?dog=42402 excellent temperament,body and head. Straight away to put a deposit on 1 male, this will be our first dog for our family, going to be a challenge but worth every time and money. Another 4 weeks till my boy comes home, I'm excited.

2ytrx4l.jpg

Edited by arjay

great news DogNerd and welcome Barney! (named after the purple dude, Barney from the Simpsons or Barney Stinson?)

Thanks. Named after Barney Rubble :cry: I've been calling him Barney Trouble lol.

Good call!

Well Ziva is home and it's certainly been interesting. She has free run of her breeder's house and yard - outside she's used to toileting on the grass, inside on newspaper. She is ok outside - but she hasn't managed to hit the newspaper inside once yet!

And she escaped from the laundry last night through a baby gate (I wondered why she stopped barking/whining/crying after 45 minutes) - amazingly I didn't find anything in the house chewed :) but 2 poops.

Like Naomi's Archie - Ziva does not like it when I shut the door on her crate!

Hi everyone,

Well we brought Lily home on saturday with no troubles. The first night she woke us twice for toilet breaks and last night she went 6.5hrs. So that was pretty good (I am not holding my breath though!). So far it's going ok. She whines and barks a bit (mainly when we aren't right near her) but I expect this to be normal. It's a huge change for her after all. I feel like I have a newborn again, but this will pass too :laugh:

6.5 hrs was great Nadine!

Happy Ziva this morning

c4623c72.jpg

Ziva is sleeping in our laundry - Sat night 45 min barking/crying. Last night 12 min :laugh: She peed and pooped during the night on her newspaper.

Luckily she's spending most of today sleeping :cry:

I feel like I have a newborn again, but this will pass too :eek:

It will! :thumbsup: I felt like that too when Halo came home - three weeks later and she was sleeping until 5:30, now she sleeps until the sun wakes her (weekdays until 6:30, weekends can be as late as 9 because we have the rollershutter down). So it doesn't last too long. :eek:

I've found Harper pays us little to no attention in puppy school. :thumbsup: He's far more interested in the female amstaffs.

Cool pics. How do you upload them so that they don't have that black border around them?

Here's Harps being a hover dog:

post-36021-1301960017_thumb.jpg

Cool pics. How do you upload them so that they don't have that black border around them?

Ta! I have them on hosted on photobucket and then post a link to the album as an image (I've tried uploading pics via the forum and message itself but often my pics exceed the size limit)

We just use show leashes because they are only really small dogs :thumbsup: but we use a choker on our border collie.

All you need is the main items. Bed, crate, toys, collar, leash and food.