Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Looks great smoothie girl!

We're also building a dog run from Bunnings supplies - PVC coated mesh wire and green steel stakes that will be tied on. Hubby is making a gate out of old fence palings.

No puppy visit after all :) - Tim (our breeder) was kept in hospital for 2 days observation after his CT scan - hopefully all is well. We'll probably head out during the week to see the pups after he's discharged and feeling better.

I'm in the process of starting the dog door today. Bit tricky since it's going in the wall - but I've managed to remove the tiles on the wall (laundry skirting), found the studs - and amazingly the dog door fits exactly between. Now I'm just calculating exactly how high it needs to be. I have the measurements of the parents so I'll go for somewhere in between.

SmoothieGirl - your set up looks excellent will be off to bunnings tomorrow for some supplies :). We had our kennel delivered today it's fab I love it, it cost $130 and is so heavy and great quality would highly recommend the guy that made it to anyone in SA looking for a kennel. Here some pics -

DSCF1098.jpg

DSCF1099.jpg

We've ordered this Mesh Wire to do our fencing (Link), works out about the same as the panelling from bunnings, but it's in larger pieces and slightly higher i think.. will let you know how it turns out, plan on holding it together by Stakes and Cable Ties.

Just got a phonecall. Sid is big enough to be desexed and will be coming home on Friday! :D That's a whole two weeks earlier than we initially thought!

That's awesome! We will be getting our pups on the very same day! :laugh:

I am definitely counting down the sleeps now. Very excited.

I love all the new pics. SmoothieGirl, you are quite the handywoman!! I wish I was that clever. I just purchased a pen which I was sure an adult Aussie wouldn't be able to jump out of. Now I'm just paranoid someone will see my cute little pup when I'm at work and steal him. :D Anyone else have these fears?

Just got a phonecall. Sid is big enough to be desexed and will be coming home on Friday! :) That's a whole two weeks earlier than we initially thought!

That's awesome! We will be getting our pups on the very same day! :laugh:

I am definitely counting down the sleeps now. Very excited.

I love all the new pics. SmoothieGirl, you are quite the handywoman!! I wish I was that clever. I just purchased a pen which I was sure an adult Aussie wouldn't be able to jump out of. Now I'm just paranoid someone will see my cute little pup when I'm at work and steal him. :clap: Anyone else have these fears?

Woo hoo! Three sleeps :cheer::) What time is Archie coming home? We are picking Sid up first thing in the morning.

I am paranoid about the stealing thing too, especially because so many Frenchies have been pinched lately. So Sid will be inside when we aren't here (and mostly inside when we are here too!). Luckily, I work from home, so we are here a lot. Perfect time to get a puppy :clap:

You are very lucky! We have to keep Archie outside while we aren't home. :laugh:

We get him Friday night after OH gets home from uni at about 6. Super exciting!!

I must be thinking about him a lot because I keep having dreams with Archie in them.

I can't wait to see new pics of Sid. I expect he will look a lot different than the pic of him in your sig.

Yeah, he will look different. I haven't seen him since I took those pics. Apparently he has a lot more pigment now too.

I can't stop thinking about Friday :laugh: I'm like a kid at Christmas.

Yeah, he will look different. I haven't seen him since I took those pics. Apparently he has a lot more pigment now too.

Bet he's still the cutest puppy ever must get pics up asap!! :)

Naomi - Archer is absolutely gorgeous as well cant wait to see pics of him too :)

I've got just under two weeks to wait till our pup comes home but am going to see him again this Friday, I really need to get a name picked out I love how you both have names for your pups already and their both great names :laugh:

Huga and Naomi- How exciting!! I can't wait to see photos of them settled in their new homes :laugh:

doggylovers- 2 weeks will fly! I bet you can't wait :)

We get to see all the pups next weekend for the first time and then we pick our pup up on the 2nd April :)

DL - Seeing him this Friday will make the last week go quickly. By the time we pick up Archie it would of been two weeks since we have last seen him. It's really dragged on. You'll think of a name soon enough. OH and I couldn't agree on names for ages. When I mentioned 'Archer' we both instantly knew it was going to stick. Hope you take pics for us during your visit. :laugh:

Nadine, you must be so excited to see them!

I think that between Huga, myself and possibly DoggyLovers, there will be a lot of puppy pictures this weekend!

Thanks WA! Very cute picture. They really act like true sisters don't they? Despite the breed difference. :)

How did Halo go in her first show?

Also do the rest of you have plans for your pup? This is my first pup so I'm just discovering all the activities in the doggie world. Obedience is really jumping out at me at the moment so I might suss that out later. The thought of showing freaks me out a little. I'd hate someone to judge my dog because I would obviously think he's the most attractive Aussie, and to be told otherwise would be horrible. :laugh:

Nadine - at this stage it looks like our puppy will be coming home April 2nd as well :laugh:

Naomi - I'm not keen on showing either (it seems like people spend their entire weekends at shows!) but I wouldn't mind agility or OB. I know you can't start agility until 18 months - but at least our dog will be used to tunnels! (we are having to create a tunnel in the wall for the doggy door)