Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

FD26 ~ I just won a crate off ebay for $36, its a 76cm one, black powder coated with a divider (I probably wont use this but its nice to have just in case). It folds into a suitcase so it can be stored when not in use. I won it last night and it was posted today.

:eek: to all the newbies....

Bluefairy

FD26 ~ I just won a crate off ebay for $36, its a 76cm one, black powder coated with a divider (I probably wont use this but its nice to have just in case). It folds into a suitcase so it can be stored when not in use. I won it last night and it was posted today.

:eek: to all the newbies....

Bluefairy

That was lucky! The problem I'm having is shipping, it's so expensive to the NT! I can't find a 36" crate under $150 including shipping, but the DD one is $95 all up.

Hello! I'm new to these forums but thought I'd dive right in as we finally met our little labrador boy today! He's one handsome little guy. It's all a bit more real now. My family are first time dog owners so the whole shebang is very exciting. Now to wait out the next three weeks before he comes home!

We haven't bought anything for him yet, but have been out scouting numerous pet supply shops. And Bunnings :eek: Now that we've met him, the shopping can begin!

welcome and congrats i cant wait to see photos when you get hime

:thumbsup: to all the newbies....

Bluefairy

I'm pretty sure I was one of those who was bidding on the same thing up till the last minute! :thumbsup: Is the item located in Brisbane?

Luffy4688 ~ :laugh: Yes

FD26 ~ I have bought from DD before and most though not all are very cheap and nasty.....I'm just saying this is what put me off buying their crate. I opted for one from ebay, because 90% of the time the stuff is top quality. I got mine from the seller: oz-directsell they have 900 feedback with 99.9% positive. Not bad, their communication is fantastic and they have contacted me letting me know they got the money and it was posted. Big pluses in my books. Oh and postage was $20 for registered post :(

Not much happening today....wash day, but as it looks like a storm brewing I am having to leave it go through the drier :D

Bluefairy

Edited by Bluefairy

Luffy4688 ~ :D Yes

FD26 ~ I have bought from DD before and most though not all are very cheap and nasty.....I'm just saying this is what put me off buying their crate. I opted for one from ebay, because 90% of the time the stuff is top quality. I got mine from the seller: oz-directsell they have 900 feedback with 99.9% positive. Not bad, their communication is fantastic and they have contacted me letting me know they got the money and it was posted. Big pluses in my books. Oh and postage was $20 for registered post :laugh:

Not much happening today....wash day, but as it looks like a storm brewing I am having to leave it go through the drier ;)

Bluefairy

I actually have one of their's on my watchlist at the moment. :laugh: They do flat rate shipping, which is good. A lot of them charge $60 for shipping to NT! :(

We'll see how the auction goes...

Luffy4688 ~ :eek: Yes

FD26 ~ I have bought from DD before and most though not all are very cheap and nasty.....I'm just saying this is what put me off buying their crate. I opted for one from ebay, because 90% of the time the stuff is top quality. I got mine from the seller: oz-directsell they have 900 feedback with 99.9% positive. Not bad, their communication is fantastic and they have contacted me letting me know they got the money and it was posted. Big pluses in my books. Oh and postage was $20 for registered post ;)

Not much happening today....wash day, but as it looks like a storm brewing I am having to leave it go through the drier :o

Bluefairy

I actually have one of their's on my watchlist at the moment. :eek: They do flat rate shipping, which is good. A lot of them charge $60 for shipping to NT! :cry:

We'll see how the auction goes...

I too looked at the price plus the postage.....it has to make it better than being straight from most stores at over $150+. As my crate was $36 + $20 postage, so for $56 its a very good price. Watch out for Luffy4688, they will up the price :cry: Some places had the postage at $35+ I can't see how they can justify the price, as they are not a huge item, fairly flat though they may weight a couple of kilo's. But still some of the postage costs were astronomical ;)

Good luck with your auction, hope you get it at a good price.

Bluefairy

I have a crate on order from the same place :rofl: I ordered last night and have an email from them saying it was posted today. Our current crate (used originally for our current boy) is an XXL so waaayyy too big for an Aussie puppy!

I got a doona out last night to use in the crate, and as I was putting a cover on it, Satchmo came and plonked himself down on it like, "thanks for the new bed, mum!" :(

Our wonderful, lovely breeder has been sending us heaps of pics of our little girl as we're not getting her until she's 12 weeks old (she's 9 weeks at the moment). I am so keen to get her home :o

I have 4 crates from Deals Direct and have no problems with them whatsoever. They are constantly being folded and unfolded because they were purchased as my show crates. They are light and strong. The only thing I have to do is to put trojan clips on the doors because my escapees can get out of MOST crates in existence today!

Thanks Ellz, that's good to know. I'm watching a couple on ebay, but it looks as though they're going to surpass $100 soon, especially as most of them don't do flat rate Aussie shipping. It looks like we will be going with the DD crates, then.

Another question for you..I'm not very good with measurements (I get so muddled having grown up in the US and then moving to Aus and having to learn the metric system lol). Does the 36" crate fit into a car easily? We only have a small car (a Getz), so I'm wondering if we will need an alternative for car travel.

:( True! We're looking at a used one of those for a second car at the moment, but I think it's still a couple months off.

Oh well, I suppose I should get time to find out before he gets here anyhow.

We have been waiting 4 weeks for our German Shepherd puppy and the day has finally come. We pick him up today from the airport! :( Have only seen one pic of him when he was 5 weeks old, so cant wait to meet him in person. :love: We had our own litter end of last year and was sorry to see them all go, but couldn't keep a boy out of the litter cos we couldn't put it back to my girl. And if for some reason we can't mate from him, he will still be the best in the obedience classes!

Best quality crates we found

Metal Crate - Vebo Pet Supplies (yes they are also on Ebay but I found it was cheaper to buy off their website than on Ebay) http://www.vebopet.com.au/

Soft Crate - this is the only seller I would buy a softcrate off http://cgi.ebay.com.au/K9-XLARGE-ROYALE2-S...=item3a567dc9fc ... the quality is superb, price is great and shipping is fast (I have 2 and the oldest one survived a growing GSP and still looks perfect - the newest one is handling a growing 10 week old GSP just fine with absolutely no issues) ... added bonus is that the seller is a DOL'er and she's lovely and very very happy to answer all kinds of questions and give support where needed .....