Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Only 2.5 weeks to go! And only one week from Sunday until I meet the pups and find out which one I am getting. I have photos from the breeder and they are so cute.

On the 8th June I had my first ever puppy shower. It was so much fun. I think every dog lover should have one. Check out the cake -

post-35789-0-56095200-1371642620_thumb.png

Lollipup that is an awesome cake! I'm guessing you know it's at least a girl? laugh.gif

Oh man I want a puppy shower! I don't think anyone would throw me one crying.gif *First world problems*

Yes definitely a girl. :) We did a pink theme with streamers, balloons and pink paw prints. I did up little gift boxes full of dog treats for people's dogs. We played baby shower games adapted to puppies and dogs, I got dog related gifts and even a "It's a girl" baby shower card LOL

A good friend of mine who loves dogs organised it all for me and she made heaps of food - paw print cookies, paw print mini muffin papers, dog shaped sandwiches, heaps of food. I owe her one big time! It was so fun. We both wish we had thought of it for our previous dogs :)

I think a puppy shower is probably one of the more "sane" things we will ever do in the lifetime of our precious dogs. :rofl:

Go on, do it! You can "sell" your other half by pointing out that any pressies your puppy gets means less that you NEED to buy! :thumbsup:

Oh my goodness, I just got home from a sure failed exam to a surprise package from my good friend who lives back in my home town. With a nice hand written letter and a Puppy toy! A gorgeous little highland cow! I've worked with highland cattle so it was so thought out and a complete surprise :)

Thanks guys, I'm studying Animal Science, but this exam was Statistical design and analysis, not fun.

But that was my last one and now I can focus on puppy stuff! I actually just ran down and bought Nova a kennel from Sam's Warehouse as they have a big special on. Got one of those wooden ones with the green roof for only $79! Just have to put it together now.

We dont have a Sams warehouse but the kids dont use the cubby house alot now so I think I might turn it into a dog retreat.

Yay for puppy shopping and no more exams, are you on holidays as such now Lisa? Do you have a date that Nova will be able to come home?

Yea I've got 3 weeks off uni, I work through the holidays but this time it should all be from home, so plenty of time to settle in Nova. I'll know for certain tomorrow, but we are currently looking at picking him up on the 30th.

Actually after today I've already got pretty much everything. Everything left will be puppy proofing stuff, so some lattice, some zip ties and gate locks. Then a hose attachment to fit on my bath tub.

Then a tag that I'll grab from pet barn, and a harness when I have him already.

Long shot but I was wondering if anyone has a graphic designer here at all? My designer has a few family probs at the min and I am looking for someone to make me an Italian Greyhound head silhouette that I can use to be made into a metal punch to make metal tags from.