Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Steph you can't go wrong with a FC. I lost my girl in 2007 at the age of 14. She was raised with my children and she was their best friend. Her loyalty was unwavering. To this day I am not yet able to being myself to get another one as it reminds me too much of her. Please post lots of photos and enjoy your boy, they are an incredible breed.

Gosh what a little star Nitro is. I thought I was going well with getting Raiden to come when called sometimes.. We will have to lift our game a little.. Good work Nitro and Kavik.

--Lhok

Steph you can't go wrong with a FC. I lost my girl in 2007 at the age of 14. She was raised with my children and she was their best friend. Her loyalty was unwavering. To this day I am not yet able to being myself to get another one as it reminds me too much of her. Please post lots of photos and enjoy your boy, they are an incredible breed.

Sujo, she sounds perfect. I am sure she loved you and your kids dearly.

Hearing that further cements that we've made the right choice.

I will post many photos. Shame you aren't closer!

I'll be getting a more accurate Time of Arrival on the weekend I hope. :)

Still haven't puppy proofed the house yet. :eek: My biggest concern is going to be dealing with the cat tray issues. Cats around here have got it easy and Dory is only interested if there is something chewie in the trays. (which usually gets cleaned up quick after 3 yrs of nagging the teenager) I'm imagining a puppy is going to be interested in cat litter clean or used. *sigh* And the cats are lazy. I don't think they will be happy about having to jump barriers to get to trays. (I know I wouldn't!)

I'm just going to muddle it all along and deal with problems asm(or if) they arise.

Although now that I think of it...you can get nifty, do-hicky things that keep doors ajar, can't you? Big enough for cats...not so big enough for determined puppies.

I'm so glad I'm not dealing with cats as well!

Our biggest concern is cables. We are very technology-minded. We have every device you can think of, and are used to being able to charge each one on a whim, in every room of the house (even the bathroom!) So we are basically drowning in cables. Hoping someone at Bunnings can advise us.

I have both of these issues!

Got the lazy boyfriend to put the cabling up aound the doorways, but the trays....they might have to go all together. Cats do go outdoors, might start weaning them off.

Our big issue is the bin, need a solid, impenetrable indoor bin...

I'm so glad I'm not dealing with cats as well!

Our biggest concern is cables. We are very technology-minded. We have every device you can think of, and are used to being able to charge each one on a whim, in every room of the house (even the bathroom!) So we are basically drowning in cables. Hoping someone at Bunnings can advise us.

Cable ties are your friend :) We had the same issue when puppy proofing our house.

--Lhok

Our cats are strictly inside. Busy roads, native wildlife and daughter has been too traumatised in the past when her Dad had outdoor cats...if you know what I mean. :(

I'll look at trays with lids, one of our cats is quite a big cat. He is only a tiny bit shorter than Dory. Tall and lanky, if you ignore the man boobs. :laugh: So if they have them big enough for him that could be a solution.

I'm thinking what will most likely end up happening is closed doors and cats that let us know when they need to go down the other end of the house. They are good for that! In winter we have the lounge area closed off from the rest of the house anyway. It's a cold house, with the lounge being the only room with heating. :cry:

I had forgotten about cables. We don't have many and the ones we have we are either hidden or can be lifted up with no problems.

Eeeee...talking about all this planning is making me excited. :crazy::cheer::dancingelephant::happydance2::happydance::party:

I'm getting a puppy, I'm getting a puppy, I'm getting a pup-peeeeeeee. :rock: