Entering Agility Trials In Advance

pie

Hi there :eek:

I have a question, probably rather silly, but hey! It's been bugging me.

What happens if you enter a Novice Agility/ Jumping Trial that is a few months / weeks away, but in the meantime you manage to get the three passes to gain your title?

Do they put you up a class or do you lose your money and that's it?

You can give the trial secretary a call and ask them to put you up into the next class.

I've found most are pretty helpful - especially if entries haven't closed or the catalogue hasn't been finished yet.

Hi there :mad

I have a question, probably rather silly, but hey! It's been bugging me.

What happens if you enter a Novice Agility/ Jumping Trial that is a few months / weeks away, but in the meantime you manage to get the three passes to gain your title?

Do they put you up a class or do you lose your money and that's it?

Hey Amypie - this sounds encouraging :eek:

As Jess said most secretaries will elevate you to the higher class, especially if you contact them prior to the catalogue being printed. The Nationals is probably the exception. I think from memory a cut off date was posted for changes.

Yep I have to do it this year Ptolomy! I have to! :eek: I've procrastinated enough. We're in the big kids class now. I'm letting my dog down :mad

Yes I was considering entering Novice at the Nationals, maybe I'll just focus on that and perhaps only enter two other trials beforehand. We definitely won't be at Excellent level if we do get our Novice title before the Nationals :o

Remember that we have Not for Competition in WA - so you can still have a run on the course, it costs you half price, - but it just doesn't count as a pass if you go clear.

The other thing is if you enter novice at the Nationals and you get your title after closing date then you can stay in Novice for the Nationals :eek:

Hi amypie, like others said if you get your title the secretary will often put you up.

Also I'm not sure about other states but in NSW, as long as the entries have offically closed when you do get your title you can still run at the lower level in the trial if you like. I did this with Anna, she had 2 extra runs in novice jumping after her title, and now has 5 novice qually cards as I thought a few more runs in novice would be good for her confidence and I had already entered them. :love:

Good luck with your trials :)

I'll ask at training first, that way the person can see me handle him and will know not to get their expectations too high :flame: Still got a while before entries close.

Better get myself organised and become a Dogs West member I guess!

I know at the Adelaide nationals people were happy to enter just for the fun of it - to give it a go and nobody really minded in strat pairs how you actually went :flame: . Lots of people paired up with people they had never met. I will have a look at see if anything has been posted on Agility Australia I do remember reading something about somebody looking for a pair for a small dog just don't remember who.

ETA. Bugger the 300 dog that was looking is after a dog with excellent titles.

Edited by ness