Beginner In Wa

~tj~

Heya!

Im in WA and would love to go to a dog show :) I love going to the Royal Show and watching the alility and events on then, but I was wondering if there are shows like "Crufts" etc in WA?? If so when are they held and whats the process if we just want to come and watch?? I Want to know more about shows etc and I suppose the best way is to come watch :rofl:

(Im in Perth)

TJ

Hi tj :)

Not quite as big as crufts but the biggest show we have in WA except the Royal is the Western Classic... it's held over the labour day weekend. there is agility and obedience on as well i think.

We also have the national agility trials coming up which will be pretty big so you might like to see that.

go to www.dogswest.com for details on events but you can also call up for details on times etc. (94551188)

apart from the royal and country shows, MOST shows are held at the canine grounds - cnr ranford and warton roads in southern river.

Most shows are at the Dogs West / Canine Association on the corner of Warton and Ranford Roads in Canningvale.

There are shows most weekends and i think they are advertised on their website, unless you become a member then you will recive the K9 News which will tell you what shows are on and when! :)

Have fun, they are always good to watch and become quite nice social events if you are a regular!

Awesome - I love standard poodles so anythign with those, would be awesome :rofl: I will have a look!! Are you allowed to bring your dog to watch or prefer not to unless they are competeing?? Not sure on the ettiquite :)

tj dogs are welcome but I think it's generally easier if you want to have a good look around not to bring your dog, particularly if excitable. there are a lot of dogs and a lot of smells.

I don't have my mag with me at the moment but someone else will be able to tell you what night poodles are on. all our summer shows are at night as we have the benefit of awesome lighting.