Amazon Or Dogwise

Erny

As per title. I can get the book I want from either - same price.

Has anyone found a difference in the turn around time for delivery, or do you think it is much of a muchness?

I deal with both but it has been a while since I've needed to, and never really took much notice of the turn around time by comparison.

I have never used Dogwise so I cannot comment on their delivery times...

But I have used Amazon on numerous occasions and have found their postage/delivery time to be superb. Often the website will give a date of 3-4 weeks from the time you have placed your order, yet I seem to receive the books or items I have ordered from Amazon within 5-7 working days.

Regards, Shaun (Sticks1977)

As per title. I can get the book I want from either - same price.

Has anyone found a difference in the turn around time for delivery, or do you think it is much of a muchness?

I deal with both but it has been a while since I've needed to, and never really took much notice of the turn around time by comparison.

What title do you want? We have a reseller account with Dog wise and several hundred titles on hand.

Thanks PF. I saw the Fishpond one but I think it is too expensive. DogWise and Amazon have the book at $29.95 USA (equivalent to $32.25 AUS). Shipping to Australia is about $25.00.

Edited by Erny

Thanks PF. I saw the Fishpond one. DogWise and Amazon have the book at $29.95 USA. Shipping is about $25.00.

If you're not in a hurry I can order one for you when we put our next order in - it will be way under that.

Hi Erny

I usually order from the Book Depository in the UK. Postage is FREE world wide, and their prices are cheaper than anywhere I have found, almost always (and then the free postage makes a huge difference). I am really happy with their service.

Here is the link to the book you were after:

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/97809...with-Blind-Dogs

Each time I have ordered the books have arrived in regional WA within about 10 working days.

Works out as $34.55 in Aussie dollars.

Edited by rozzy

KK - in this instance, Fishpond are $71.97 (AUS)

If I purchase through DogWise direct, it would work out to be $57.95 total (including shipping).

So to purchase local (ie through Fishpond) is going to cost an additional $14.00. Shipping is between 8-15 days and I think (from memory) DogWise is within that perimeter as well (approximately speaking)

I'm ordering through MDBA, as it turns out. Need to wait up a bit for the next order to go through, but I can do that :thumbsup:.

Thanks everyone. Appreciate the comments. I will check out Fishpond as a possible alternative for next time - would prefer to purchase intra-Australia where I can, but their prices need to be a bit more competitive than what the price on this individual book has indicated.

Hi Erny

I usually order from the Book Depository in the UK. Postage is FREE world wide, and their prices are cheaper than anywhere I have found, almost always (and then the free postage makes a huge difference). I am really happy with their service.

Here is the link to the book you were after:

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/97809...with-Blind-Dogs

Each time I have ordered the books have arrived in regional WA within about 10 working days.

Works out as $34.55 in Aussie dollars.

Yep I ALWAYS use Book Depo these days - only exception is if they do not have the book I want

No idea why UK postage is so much faster than US?????? I ordered a DVD from a UK Equestrian site and it was here in 3 days!

Wow, book depository have good prices :laugh: I'll be bookmarking that website. :(

They are fantastic PF - I really cannot rave enough about them. I have easily bought at least 60 ( :rofl: ) books from them and the most I ever waited for a book was two weeks but the norm is for it to be here in a week

The guys at the Post Office roll their eyes at me now, but I've even got them onto the site :thumbsup:

Wow, book depository have good prices :laugh: I'll be bookmarking that website. :(

They are fantastic PF - I really cannot rave enough about them. I have easily bought at least 60 ( :rofl: ) books from them and the most I ever waited for a book was two weeks but the norm is for it to be here in a week

The guys at the Post Office roll their eyes at me now, but I've even got them onto the site :thumbsup:

They have the Whippet Bible at a really good price!!

Rozzy - Thank you so much for that link. The price is excellent given no shipping costs. I've placed my order with them. Appreciate that. :thumbsup:

I feel a bit guilty for cancelling the arrangement for MDBA to get the book in for me (refer my telephone message on your answer machine, Steve), but I hope you understand.

Cheers

Erny

ETA: I could easily while away a bit of time watching people buying from around the world and seeing where all the dog mad people live LOL

Edited by Erny

Have just fallen in love with the Book Depository - they stock the book series I've been reading and sell them for around $13 when I've been paying $17 at Fishpond (mind you, they were $24 from the bookshop).

Thanks for the link :thumbsup:

ETA - you can also search for audio books, which are great for car trips.

Edited by KismetKat