5 Days In Between Mating

oakeydoak1

I have had 2 bitches now that will stand to mate for up to 9 days,vets told me they will only stand for max 4 :laugh: Whilst they would accept the male,they both dont ovulate till around day17/18-maybe they are just tarts!

I know you are supposed to go with the first mating,but with my guys the last time i went from the AI date,and it was spot on 60 days for both.

Just wondering has anyone ever experienced their dogs mating with 5 days in between? If so what day do you go from? Never had this happen before. Bit confused.

Ive had bitches who will mate for up to 10 days - You always take the date from the first so you dont get any surprises

but you dont get worried about them coming into whelp later.

Glad i am not the only one. How many times do that mate in that time!!! Dog must be exhausted :cry:

LOL I actually only mated them 3 times in total, dont need more than that, actually 1 or 2 is enough, but sometimes we like to be sure. I mated tuesday night, wednesday night and saturday night (i didnt plan for that 3rd late mating but i couldnt get it dont thurs or fri so thought i would give it one more go just to make sure)

Litter before last....did three matings and five days later he took a little again....was cheap sex though as she whelped based on the 'real' matings.

Also had my last manchester litter..three matings and 7 days later he squeezes through the rungs on the deck to jump into the other yard and go for a r*&t again....once again..cheap sex..she whelped based on the controlled rendevous!