Fire Evacuation - Victoria - Today

Guest CaptainCourageous

Guest CaptainCourageous
In view of the total fire ban imposed in Victoria tomorrow, Kcc Park will be open for anyone needing to evacuate their property. We also have arranged the Bull can be open - however in that case you would need to contact either Greg Browne on 417 461 422 or Jonathan Marshall on 0411 695 889.

I would point out that you are not able to go to either of these places and leave animals unattended.

If you need to make arrangements to evacuate please do so early. I am aware that a number of kennels throughout the State will make arrangements to take any animals they can accommodate (however I do not have details).

If you have any queries, please contact Frank Valestro on 0438 518 157.

Jan Cooke

Regional Co-ordinator - Central

Region

Thanks for posting that, CC.

That's a good pro-active gesture on KCC's part :) .

I so hope that everyone who is experiencing this hot weather and winds come through unscathed. My wishes are for a 'non-event'.

Guest CaptainCourageous
COuld these things be pinned up the top under EMERGENCY contacts and advice or something? Im sure each state may have similar procedures, and its important that they are not bumped off the page?

I don't know how to do that.

COuld these things be pinned up the top under EMERGENCY contacts and advice or something? Im sure each state may have similar procedures, and its important that they are not bumped off the page?

I don't know how to do that.

I think the moderators have to do it. I cross posted this thread yesterday to a warning of the heat thread started by Inspector Rex. Sounds absolutely ghastly in SA and Vic. :thumbsup::)