Flying A Puppy To Tassy

dunnwarren

Could someone here give me some advice please, I need to fly a silky pup to Launceston soon and I was just wondering the best way to do this. I have been trying to find Australian Airway Express? but cant find a phone number for them. Any suggestions would be gratefully recieved.

Could someone here give me some advice please, I need to fly a silky pup to Launceston soon and I was just wondering the best way to do this. I have been trying to find Australian Airway Express? but cant find a phone number for them. Any suggestions would be gratefully recieved.

I think it is Australian Air Express (AAE). I have found it cheaper or just as well priced to go through an agent who then organises everything for you. As Poodlefan said, Dogtainers is one. Jetpets is another. I get quotes from each as they can be quite different. Both Dogtainers and Jetpets have websites :-)

Try dogtainers or such flying through Virgin. AES fly with Qantas and they are much more expensive than Virgin

ETA: I recently (November 2009) had a pup flown in from Perth to Brisbane. Here are the quotes of prices her breeder got:

Qantas PP40 (max 20kg) $421.00

PP20 (mxx 10kg) $273.00

Virgin PP40 $283.41

Dogtainers $215.00 on a Qantas flight using our own PP40

$175.00 on a Virgin flight using our own PP40

Edited by Mystiqview

Another vote for Dogtainers, but particularly Dogtainers ACT. I will be using them to fly my current litter to new homes on the mainland in the next few weeks and have been using them pretty much exclusively for all other transport for the past couple of years.

First up, do not book direct through AAE! They give a quote which sounds good (cheaper than through an agent) then you rock up and it is suddenly double! Or at least that is what happened with a pup we had to fly.

Dogtainers and JetPets are both good in my experience. Both deal with both Qantas and Virgin and check which flights are most convenient and cheapest. In a lot of cases for us that has been Qantas, although are picking up a pup from Virgin next week :thumbsup:

I've used Dogtainers in ACT more than any other carrier. They are friendly, efficient and generally cheaper.

Having said that I always get a quote from Jetpets as well (they have a 13 number) and if they've been cheaper I've used them too without any problems.

I hope your puppy makes it to Tassie safe and sound. :thumbsup:

Cheerio,

Maria

Edited by ~Midniara~