2010 Brags Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How did you go RubyStar ;) ;) .

I thought it would be quite obvious from the lack of yahoo's on my end that we bombed :laugh: She was just way too distracted so I pulled her out of the ring literally 5 seconds after we started the heelwork.

In Fairness to Rubystar, who has a very bouncy girl, it was a tough ask at novice level leaving the start post and going straight into the figure 8 where there were 2 stewards waiting to be jumped on.

So guess whats on the training agenda for Monday

Edited by Ptolomy

How did you go RubyStar :) ;) .

I thought it would be quite obvious from the lack of yahoo's on my end that we bombed :) She was just way too distracted so I pulled her out of the ring literally 5 seconds after we started the heelwork.

I'm sure you'll do better next time :) .

How did you go RubyStar :(:banghead: .

I thought it would be quite obvious from the lack of yahoo's on my end that we bombed :eek: She was just way too distracted so I pulled her out of the ring literally 5 seconds after we started the heelwork.

I'm sure you'll do better next time :eek: .

Funny that, I'm not :hug:

How did you go RubyStar :(:hug: .

I thought it would be quite obvious from the lack of yahoo's on my end that we bombed :cry: She was just way too distracted so I pulled her out of the ring literally 5 seconds after we started the heelwork.

In Fairness to Rubystar, who has a very bouncy girl, it was a tough ask at novice level leaving the start post and going straight into the figure 8 where there were 2 stewards waiting to be jumped on.

So guess whats on the training agenda for Monday

Congrats on all those super results girls - especially the UD title, Caffy - and commiserations, RubyStar - that was a hard ask for a Novice dog.

ET fix typos :banghead:

Thanks, guys. But oh well, sh*t happens, just means I know what to include in my training :eek: That and continue distraction training BIG TIME. It's easy to get disheartened, and I am, but I have seen what great work she is capable of in a trial situation (as well of course in training), so I have no choice but to persevere and hope that one day we can pull it together once more :eek:

Edited by RubyStar

Congrats to all those title gainers! :banghead:

Sorry to hear it didn't work out Ruby star, fingers crossed for next time :(

Caffy has a brag which has been a long time in the making and is well worth telling the world about - well done mate. :cry:

Bedazzled has 2 brags from tonight :eek: Its easy to see why Brookie is the top obedience dog in the State with performances like this.

I had all three kids pass open and I got a perfect directed retrieve in UD :hug: Thanks Caffy :eek: and thanks to Rubystar who handled Lexi in the group stays for me. Little does Rubystar know she now has a permanent job.

Real question here Ptolomy.... how do you get all three dogs working together like this? years ago I used to do stays together with my two girls but returning was always an issue of extremely tight timing. Do you practise group stays at home or do you usually get another handler to help you? just interested now I've got multiple dogs on the go again :cry:

Real question here Ptolomy.... how do you get all three dogs working together like this? years ago I used to do stays together with my two girls but returning was always an issue of extremely tight timing. Do you practise group stays at home or do you usually get another handler to help you? just interested now I've got multiple dogs on the go again :banghead:

I've been wondering this to because Sophie and Banjo are going to be in the same class but I think it'll be less stressful for me to trial one at a time anyway :( .

Thanks, guys. But oh well, sh*t happens, just means I know what to include in my training :banghead: That and continue distraction training BIG TIME. It's easy to get disheartened, and I am, but I have seen what great work she is capable of in a trial situation (as well of course in training), so I have no choice but to persevere and hope that one day we can pull it together once more :eek:

Lucky you having Ptolomy to help at training :eek: . Don't be disheartened, I've watched your videos and you look very professional to me. At least Ruby is having fun in the ring :( .

Real question here Ptolomy.... how do you get all three dogs working together like this? years ago I used to do stays together with my two girls but returning was always an issue of extremely tight timing. Do you practise group stays at home or do you usually get another handler to help you? just interested now I've got multiple dogs on the go again :(

I tend to practice stays with at least 2 dogs at the same time - so I usually mix it up sometimes have them next to each other sometimes have dogs inbetween. I will always make sure that if I reward 1 I will always reward the other. Sometimes I will return to one and then leave and return to the other one. I have a release word and they must not move until they hear that word - so I tend to say exercise finished a few times before giving the release word.

I have started doing "stays" I use the term very loosely with Cider - I started with just one of the other kids next to Cider and I am now up to having all 5 in the driveway. At the moment I am practicing her not moving - so I turn and walk away and return and reward all the kids and give another verbal and walk to the end of the drive and return starting down the other end of the lineup rewarding. At the moment the reward rate is really really high and I am hoping that this will just reinforce what the older kids already know.

I also don't tend to do down stays very often.

Because most of the people I train with have their own dogs to do stays with I don't tend to get people to help me at training very often. Its on trial day that I sometimes have to call for help - and thanksfully Rubystar put her hand up on Saturday and I have to say she did a tremendous job. I used to give other people Blaize to handle in stays as I could bet my house on the fact that she would stay put - it was just getting her into the ring and avoiding other dogs that was the problem. I tend to always handle Scoota as he is a bit of a handful.

Real question here Ptolomy.... how do you get all three dogs working together like this? years ago I used to do stays together with my two girls but returning was always an issue of extremely tight timing. Do you practise group stays at home or do you usually get another handler to help you? just interested now I've got multiple dogs on the go again :(

I tend to practice stays with at least 2 dogs at the same time - so I usually mix it up sometimes have them next to each other sometimes have dogs inbetween. I will always make sure that if I reward 1 I will always reward the other. Sometimes I will return to one and then leave and return to the other one. I have a release word and they must not move until they hear that word - so I tend to say exercise finished a few times before giving the release word.

I have started doing "stays" I use the term very loosely with Cider - I started with just one of the other kids next to Cider and I am now up to having all 5 in the driveway. At the moment I am practicing her not moving - so I turn and walk away and return and reward all the kids and give another verbal and walk to the end of the drive and return starting down the other end of the lineup rewarding. At the moment the reward rate is really really high and I am hoping that this will just reinforce what the older kids already know.

I also don't tend to do down stays very often.

Because most of the people I train with have their own dogs to do stays with I don't tend to get people to help me at training very often. Its on trial day that I sometimes have to call for help - and thanksfully Rubystar put her hand up on Saturday and I have to say she did a tremendous job. I used to give other people Blaize to handle in stays as I could bet my house on the fact that she would stay put - it was just getting her into the ring and avoiding other dogs that was the problem. I tend to always handle Scoota as he is a bit of a handful.

Thanks for explaining :banghead:

That all makes sense, I might give it a go.

WTG - to the WA obedience crew!!!!! Well done Caffy on your UD title!!!! what an achievement!

Well done to the Red dogs and to Brookie.... special dog that he is. I wonder if Bedazzled will notice if Brookie went from black to blue one day.... :(

Bad luck RS - next time eh?! At least you are out and trialling and not hiding like I am!

I had all three kids pass open and I got a perfect directed retrieve in UD :hug:

Fantastic! Still have no idea how you can handle so many dogs!

I'm drinking pink bubbles :hug: We just got back from holidays with an 8 hour drive yesterday so I didn't have any great hopes but Brookie pulled something out of his bag of tricks to win Open on 198 and UD on 196 ;) Good boy....Jackpot!!!! :(

Wow, good effort! He must've been nice and rested from his holiday :cry:

...and my Alex got his UD...thanks Alex.

Congrats Caffy and Alex!

I agree with RS - you all give us something to aspire to!

I really wanted to go and watch the trial but had visitors arrive... argh! :eek:

I just go so I can sit around and eat chips and chocolate with other dog crazies ;)

:eek:

Lalalalalalala I wonder who that could have been :cry:

I'm not sure but there's more where that came from - I've got another 2 blocks and a bag of chips ready to go for the Classic :hug: I may as well give myself something to do! I might even just leave the dog at home and bring the food! Shopping list: buy Cruisers, and lots of them :hug: