Question For The Canon Peoples

redangel

My friend has loved watching me play with my camera (Nikon) and now wants to get a camera of her own. She is looking at the Canon 50d. She wants to know is digital noise is a bigger issue with this model and if such are night shots affected? How does the 50d handle for the price?

Hey I have a nikon, so I thought Id put it out there as I know :laugh: little re Canons

The 50D is a very very nice camera.

It handles high ISO shooting very well. Some say (including me) that it doesn't handle it quite as well as the 40D, but really most people who haven't been shooting a lot aren't going to notice and those who have been will kinda have to be a bit retentive about it. It's not like it's bad - it's more the pixel peepers deep in their basements are noticing it :laugh:

The 50D is said to handle highlights & very bright areas slightly better than the 40D as well as offer slightly more detail in the images. I don't see it in real world applications in my dealings with it, but I'm sure it's probably true. Again, I don't pixel peep quite that obsessively.

I can't see how you'd go wrong with it, frankly - it's just a solid camera (as are the 40D, 450D, 7D etc)