Scotts Lawn Builder - Regular

Just wondering if anyone can advise if these granules are safe to use with dogs.

Their website has no info available on their MDS and doing a search on here I can't find anything.

So am taking the lazy way out hoping someone may have used it or knows a bit about the product :laugh:

Many Thanks

TD :)

I'm pretty sure that Lawn Builder is just fertiliser with a bit of wetting agent in it. Have look on the packaging for ingredients and it should just list the nutrients that the product contains. Also, from memory, it is a fine granule so not really something that the dogs could readily pick up and ingest once the product has been spread on your lawn

It says on the packet in teeny little writing its a non-toxic fertliser so have spread it onto the lawn and watered it in to be on the safe side....it's spitting out there now so fingers crossed we get a little rain to help it break down even more :(

You were right Horrie it is a fine granule....wasn't quite sure what to use but remembered reading that granules were a better option for my hotch potch mixed lawn....was more worried about the effect it might have on the mutts but a woman in Bunnings said it was ok in that respect.

Thanks for your quick responses guys, really appreciate it.....as does Ren & Titchy ;)

Lou x

I tend to use a soluble product like the fish stuff and even then hose it in.

I think you're referring to Seasol? That is a tonic, rather than a fertiliser.

However, I wouldn't be fertilising anything at the moment - well, not if you are in a climate where the weather is as hot as it is. A dose of Seasol would be ok though.

ETA: I notice Horus has been here. I defer to anything gardeningy that Horus says. :(

Edited by Erny