Will Be Away From Puppy For First Time

Bubitty

Bit Bit - where did you get that name from....... I just love it..... we have a cat called Scooter that we call Boot Boot.

She was so cute and chubby and just a wee Bit when we got her so the name Bit Bit just stuck. She’s also known as TidBit 50% of the time! And when I’m displeased with her she is “Baaaaaad Bitty!!!!” :(

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I often board dogs that belong to owners that are a little neurotic. It's good for the dogs, good for the owners to have a break.

There's always the " hows he/she coping " email or phone call the same day they walk out the door, along with " is he/she missing me" ?

To be honest, to date none of them have given a crap :cry:

There's all my illusions about my dogs not being able to do without me - shattered! Thanks for a timely reality check....

Good grief - she'll be perfectly fine, don't go putting all this extra pressure and crap on her to behave before dropping her off, she's a PUPPY!

She's a happy, well behaved puppy and she's going to do a few fun tricks to show off to her breeders? Errr what exactly is the problem with that?

What did you think I would do? Beat her with a broom if she can't do her tricks? Lock her in the closet? Sell her into slavery??? :cry:

We are brushing up on tricks furiously now as I have spent last few months raving about her abilities to them!!!!! She soooo needs to perform when we get down there!!!!!!!! :(

I can't think of a worse time/place to ask her Bub. She'll be excited, you'll be anxious. Leave till when you get back.

Seriously, if you think you're going to be a bit of a mess, don't go. Get your OH to drop the dogs off.

Good grief - she'll be perfectly fine, don't go putting all this extra pressure and crap on her to behave before dropping her off, she's a PUPPY!

She's a happy, well behaved puppy and she's going to do a few fun tricks to show off to her breeders? Errr what exactly is the problem with that?

What did you think I would do? Beat her with a broom if she can't do her tricks? Lock her in the closet? Sell her into slavery??? ;)

I just think you're being very over the top, the poor puppy will be excited and super busy thinking about all these exciting dogs and new surroundings...

You didn't answer my question either :cry:

Why should I? Mind your own business :shrug:

First time I took Ted back to see his breeder I've never seen a dog so excited.

He ran around like a crazy thing and drooled - a lot. First and only time he's ever done it.

Just don't expect perfect performance Bub. If you get it, great. If you don't, you'll know why.

First time I took Ted back to see his breeder I've never seen a dog so excited.

He ran around like a crazy thing and drooled - a lot. First and only time he's ever done it.

Just don't expect perfect performance Bub. If you get it, great. If you don't, you'll know why.

I think, based on the puppy I know and have spent hours training that she will perform. If she does, I will squeal with glee and rave about it to the OH on the way home.

If she doesn't, I'll laugh, give her a cuddle and laugh some more at my over ambitious expectations.

Lighten up people!!!!!

ETA: So it makes sense!

Edited by Bub

Bub has trained the pants off that Bitty, I am 100% she will perform! :cry:

Dogs that have had the pants trained off them fail to perform all the time AF. Go to any obedience trial and you'll see that. The difference is the place where they're being asked to perform and the change in attitude of the handler.

Unless the dog is a robot, you can never be 100% sure of results. The issue here is one of an anxious handler (by her own admission) and a new highly distracting environment.

It's a piece of cake to stay calm when you really don't care if the dog performs or not. Add performance nerves and things change. Ask ANY trialler in any discipline.

She may be an absolute trooper. She may not. Until the big day, who knows. :(

Edited by poodlefan

Why should I? Mind your own business

Now you're being nasty!

The question was only asked with the intention of causing trouble, and to find a reason for another dol slaughtering. I can understand why Bub chose not to answer.

I dont think so,for many of us who have followed Bubs post over the years we all new that the second dog they had was Bubette,now there is no Bubette but a Bit bit so i gather like many one is curious whether something tragic happened or if Bit bit was Bubette with a name change?

No conspiracy there.

But as Bit bit is only about 8 months it is now obvious there not the same dogs