Home Made Treats

Blue_Ice

Hi guys, i hope someone out there can help me :thumbsup:

i want to start making my dog some home made cookies/treats type thing. i have looked around and cant find very much. Does anyone out there make there own? If so what do you use?

I goggled it but found only pay sites, so maybe i am not looking in the right spot.

and nothing tooo complicated cos im not a cook haha.

Alexander's Peanut Butter Dog Biscuit Treats

Whole wheat flour, creamy peanut butter, vanilla, rolled oats, white lour, eggs, vegetable oil.

Yield: About 30, 3inch treats

I N G R E D I E N T S

1 1/2 cups water

1/2 cups safflower oil

2 medium eggs

3 tablespoons peanut butter (sugar free if possible)*

2 teaspoons vanilla

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour

1 1/4 cups unbleached white flour

1/2 cups cornmeal

1/2 cups rolled oats

Additional flour for rolling

I N S T R U C T I O N S

Preheat oven to 400 F.

Mix water, oil, eggs, peanut butter, and vanilla with a wire whisk. Add flours, cornmeal, and oats. Combine with a mixer.

Take one-third of the dough and place on a floured surface. Flour top of dough. Gently knead, adding more flour as necessary to form a pliable dough (This will require

a substantial amount of flour). Roll out to 1/2 - 3/4 inch thickness and cut shapes using cookie cutters. Repeat until all dough is used.

Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 400 F, 20-25 minutes, depending on thickness of biscuits . Leave in oven 20 minutes after turning oven off to crisp. Store in an airtight container.

I made some for the very first time the other day. Had run our their usual doggy breaky biscuits, so decided to give it a go :heart:

Didn't go by any recipe, just found ingredients that I had, and chucked them in a mixing bowl lol

Can't tell you exact measurements but used..

1 egg

wholemeal and white plain flour

small dash of rice bran oil

grated cheese

grated apple

grated carrot

cinnamon (and a small shake of cinnamon sugar on top of them)

rolled oats

They came out chewy rather than hard, so might need to work on improving them next time lol

They are loving them !

I made some for the very first time the other day. Had run our their usual doggy breaky biscuits, so decided to give it a go :rofl:

Didn't go by any recipe, just found ingredients that I had, and chucked them in a mixing bowl lol

Can't tell you exact measurements but used..

1 egg

wholemeal and white plain flour

small dash of rice bran oil

grated cheese

grated apple

grated carrot

cinnamon (and a small shake of cinnamon sugar on top of them)

rolled oats

They came out chewy rather than hard, so might need to work on improving them next time lol

They are loving them !

I'd eat those biscuits myself :laugh: yummy

hehe thanks whippets ! :laugh:

I did taste a little bit of one, it wasn't too bad ;-)

Might add some chopped up parsley to them next time (as i just read in another thread it's good for dogs that have bad breath) :rofl:

Hmmm just wondering if cooked parsley has the same effect as when it's given fresh tho?? might not work as effectively ?

Edited by JulesLuvsCavs

Thanks heaps for that, i filled my pup's kong's with peanut butter but the little fella doesnt seem to like it, yet i gave him a taste of tuna and he loved it haha. I'll be sure to employ some of the ones here esp yours jules and i agree with whippets i'd eat them haha.

Hi guys, i hope someone out there can help me :eek:

i want to start making my dog some home made cookies/treats type thing. i have looked around and cant find very much. Does anyone out there make there own? If so what do you use?

I goggled it but found only pay sites, so maybe i am not looking in the right spot.

and nothing tooo complicated cos im not a cook haha.

Marlin loves frozen treats, squash up some old bananas, mix in honey, natural yoghurt and peanut butter, load into muffin or cake trays and freeze. No cooking easy peasy :laugh:

I cook all my kids treats and their main meals most of them have come from the top of my head others from friends. My fav is a slice

500gms of meat what ever you want to try - chicken mince, chicken livers, lambs fry, liverwurst, turkey mince

1 cup whole wheat flour

1 cup corn meal

1/2 cup skim milk powder

1/2 cup wheat germ

water

extras you can add

eggs, carrots, cooked rice, parsley, sesame seeds, poppy seeds

Blend meat and some water in a food processor/blender until sloppy

In a bowl place all dry, then the meat and eggs if you are putting them in, stir adding water if needed, not too runny more like a dough mix.

place on a greased tray in the oven for 20 min or so at about 160 c (fan forced) when cooked place on wire tray and slice into the required size.

Keep in the fridge for 7 days or freeze until needed