Rally Obedience

trying to get the laminating done for tonight but if not by next week, having a busy time since Angelsun left.

Was there training on Monday night? I thought it was school holidays already so I stayed home :) Bugger!!!

It is school holidays :) does you club always break over the school holidays?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trying to get the laminating done for tonight but if not by next week, having a busy time since Angelsun left.

Was there training on Monday night? I thought it was school holidays already so I stayed home :happydance: Bugger!!!

It is school holidays :) does you club always break over the school holidays?

Obedience, yes. I was told they haven't reserved the K9 grounds over the school holidays so even if you train on your own, you're working in the dark :)

No training on Monday RubyStar although I know one regular (not on this list) who turned up and trained in the dark! Thats dedication!!!!

Was there training on Monday night? I thought it was school holidays already so I stayed home :hug: Bugger!!!

It is school holidays :hug: does you club always break over the school holidays?

Obedience, yes. I was told they haven't reserved the K9 grounds over the school holidays so even if you train on your own, you're working in the dark :(

No training on Monday RubyStar although I know one regular (not on this list) who turned up and trained in the dark! Thats dedication!!!!

:hug: Now I want to know who that is! Gotta rack my brain.... :(

We've trained under the carpark lights a few times :hug:

You've got a yellow one and a brown one....... :hug:

:hug: Now I want to know who that is! Gotta rack my brain.... :(

We've trained under the carpark lights a few times :hug:

You've got a yellow one and a brown one....... :hug:

Now you're just messing with my head :hug: I'm the only insane one training 2 Labs down there... I'm so not following what you're saying :hug:

Edit: :( Lightbulb moment! :)

Edited by RubyStar

Do you find agility people are getting involved in rally? My club is agility based, it did have obedience but it was cancelled due to lack of interest, but there's definitely a lot of interest in the rally classes which will be starting very soon I hope. I think the rally and agility will be a good compliment to each other. :laugh:

They have a lot of similar things between the two and many agility folks that are finding it hard to run or keep up with their dogs, or dogs that are aging and can't do their runs as fast, are gravitating towards Rally. The challenge is there but not the speed.

Next upcoming seminar is tentatively scheduled to take place in Adelaide towards the end of this year. Please watch for more firm dates and locations if you are in the area as well as contact person to register.

Also, we are hoping to see another seminar take place in North East Victoria in the near future (when the weather warms up a touch again)

• 2 weeks later...

Pleased to announce that King Valley Kennel Club will be holding a Rally Obedience seminar in Myrtleford VIC the weekend of September 11-12th.

This is the two day seminar that includes an intensive powerpoint lecture that covers all the stations and how to do them, the rules and how to both run and participate in a trial. The second day is hands on and busy with a full days worth of course run throughs to see if you were listening on the Saturday!!

This seminar has been successfully held throughout the country and hundreds have attended and gone on to begin classes in their local clubs as well as a great preparation for both judges and prospective judges or stewards for when this is an accredited sport with the ANKC. We will be contacting a large number of currently licenced obedience judges about this seminar and hope that many in the NE Victoria and border region will be interested in attending. It's a great time of year to be visiting this region and make a weekend out of it!

For more details and registrations, please contact me at [email protected]

we put up a course on Monday evening and it will be a regular thing, it was good fun and the interesting thing was how quickly my newbies of 2 weeks took to it like a duck to water. We are short of trainers for a spare and short of space right now but if anyone is down there on Mondays before we put it up at 8pm the equipment is in my car or in the office :thumbsup: We are also training on Wednesday mornings at the GSDA grounds and don't forget the CAWA show and go on Sunday for obedience and Rally.

Will email you angelsun. I need some info and an email chat :laugh:

we put up a course on Monday evening and it will be a regular thing, it was good fun and the interesting thing was how quickly my newbies of 2 weeks took to it like a duck to water. We are short of trainers for a spare and short of space right now but if anyone is down there on Mondays before we put it up at 8pm the equipment is in my car or in the office :thumbsup: We are also training on Wednesday mornings at the GSDA grounds and don't forget the CAWA show and go on Sunday for obedience and Rally.

Sounds awesome Rusky! Me and ST are starting doing some Rally stuff this Monday but we will be on the bottom oval.

I will most likely be at the Show and Go on Sunday too!

we put up a course on Monday evening and it will be a regular thing, it was good fun and the interesting thing was how quickly my newbies of 2 weeks took to it like a duck to water. We are short of trainers for a spare and short of space right now but if anyone is down there on Mondays before we put it up at 8pm the equipment is in my car or in the office :laugh: We are also training on Wednesday mornings at the GSDA grounds and don't forget the CAWA show and go on Sunday for obedience and Rally.

Ohh so you'll be doing rally at 8pm? I might tag along then :thumbsup:

Ohh so you'll be doing rally at 8pm? I might tag along then

I won't be till 9pm but equipment will go up when the 8pm people have finished.

It was a bit rainy today at GSDA but we had a good time :laugh:

Sounds awesome Rusky! Me and ST are starting doing some Rally stuff this Monday but we will be on the bottom oval.

I will most likely be at the Show and Go on Sunday too!

excellent :rainbowbridge:

Edited by Rusky