Richard Curtis Seminar - Brisbane, Wednesday Pm, 21 April 2010.

MrsD

By the way, although this is being organised by DWDQ, this seminar is not about DWD itself – after all, drive, motivation etc are vital to all our dogs, irrespective of the sport in which we engage.

Richard Curtis from the UK is conducting a training seminar on topics such as puppy training, motivation, drive, accuracy, proofing and getting peak performance in the ring, at the CCCQ grounds at Durack on the evening of Wednesday 21 April 2010. Cost is $40 per person ($20 concession). For bookings, please send your name, contact details and payment to: DWDQ, 1 Butterfly Court, Benowa 4217. Cheques should be made payable to Dances with Dogs Club, Queensland.

ETA - Dagboy & I are lucky enough to have been to one of his seminars before & I can vouch that he is a fantastic speaker & extremely motivational :) .

Edited by MrsD

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, although this is being organised by DWDQ, this seminar is not about DWD itself – after all, drive, motivation etc are vital to all our dogs, irrespective of the sport in which we engage.

ETA - Dagboy & I are lucky enough to have been to one of his seminars before & I can vouch that he is a fantastic speaker & extremely motivational :laugh: .

Damn :laugh: QLD is too far to go for an evening.

Richard Curtis from the UK is conducting a training seminar on topics such as puppy training, motivation, drive, accuracy, proofing and getting peak performance in the ring, at the CCCQ grounds at Durack on the evening of Wednesday 21 April 2010. Cost is $40 per person ($20 concession). For bookings, please send your name, contact details and payment to: DWDQ, 1 Butterfly Court, Benowa 4217. Cheques should be made payable to Dances with Dogs Club, Queensland.

ETA - Dagboy & I are lucky enough to have been to one of his seminars before & I can vouch that he is a fantastic speaker & extremely motivational :laugh: .

:rofl:

Cheque's in the mail :D

Piper, he is doing a weekend seminar at Camp Tailwaggers but Im not sure if there are any spots left for that one.

There is more info on the evening seminar in Dec DogWorld (CCCQ) page 6.

What Piper said! And not only is it all too far, it also clashes with Agility Nationals way over the other side of the country. Darn it. :laugh: These verstile BCs :) .

Seriously, I envy you guys, and I'm sure it will be great - both the evening and the CT one.

• 3 months later...

Just bumping this up again to see if anyone else is interested. Richard is an absolutely fantastic speaker & an amazing trainer & is able to pass his knowledge on in an entertaining & easy to understand way.

There are quite a number of obedience people coming to this seminar, remember that Richard does obedience with his dogs as well as DwD, this seminar is about motivation & drive so it will be of value to just about anyone who competes in dog sports.

One of the obedience clubs here in Brisbane (Redlands club) has completely closed down their club for the night (it's their training night) so their instructors can all attend this seminar :kissbetter: .

It sounds great MrsD - will see if i can get there. Can we bring our dogs?

It is being held inside the CCCQ buildings at Durack, so no dogs allowed (except possibly Richard will have a borrowed dog to work with). As far as I know, he will be talking a lot (he is good at that) and also illustrating some things with some video footage.

Cheers,

DagBoy

:) looking forward to seeing you Seita :) .

Huski as Dagboy said, the night is dog free except a demo dog if Richard wants one (maybe Jarrah, not sure yet).

I will be manning the registration desk when you walk in, so make sure you say hi :laugh: :laugh: .

At this stage we are hoping there will be some form of catering there so anyone that comes straight from work can get a bite to eat & there will be tea/coffee etc afterwards.

Huski - Dog world says it starts at 6:45pm until 9pm.

Tilly - I'd say that there would still be spaces left, it'll be in the big function room at Durack and a lot of people fit in there!!!

Sorry I missed the questions, but I see Seita & gsdog2 have kindly answered them for me. Yes, 6.45pm start, there are still places available & Durack is southside, near Oxley.

Thanks Dagboy and Mrs D for the further info!

What time does it start? (or have I missed that somewhere) - Durack is a bit of a drive for me and I will be at work all day.

And we are hoping we can get one of the breed clubs to run a sausage sizzle for us so people coming straight from work do not starve.