Youtubing Dolers

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Help!

Hey Guys, my boy has Osteo Arthritis and recently has started to drop in his sit stays......now the problem is that he is of the lazy breed variety LOL

How do I tell if him breaking position is due to being uncomfortable or being lazy?

I can record him doing it if that may help?

I've tried dosing him on his pain meds on Obedience night BUT the pain med is Tramal which is the only med he can have whilst on Cortisone and it takes too long for my command to get to his brain when he's on Tramal so I feel kinda stuck as to how to figure this one out.

ETA. Looks good - tricky novice jumping course with that tunnel call off!!!

Yep, he wasn't the only one who went into the tunnel as you can imagine! Just a bit too tempting :(

Great video Amypie :shrug: . He's a little rocket! I love how willing he is.

Yes he's pretty good and puts up with some interesting handling :o I probably don't give him as much credit as he deserves.

WOOT WOOT! What an ethuastic pup!

Yep I think he'd had enough of waiting in the car :(

Help!

Hey Guys, my boy has Osteo Arthritis and recently has started to drop in his sit stays......now the problem is that he is of the lazy breed variety LOL

How do I tell if him breaking position is due to being uncomfortable or being lazy?

I've tried dosing him on his pain meds on Obedience night BUT the pain med is Tramal which is the only med he can have whilst on Cortisone and it takes too long for my command to get to his brain when he's on Tramal so I feel kinda stuck as to how to figure this one out.

SAS I have a similar problem with my boy - only I know when he is sore because he sits squiffy (slumps back usually with a leg out to the side). But then you start to wonder whether it is a habit - because I can say to him - thats an awful sit and he will immediately sit up straight (little bugger).

I take him for regular accupuncture - but don't think that will help you.

Have you watched him sit when he is out in the yard and does he have any trouble sitting or staying sat?

Help!

SAS I have a similar problem with my boy - only I know when he is sore because he sits squiffy (slumps back usually with a leg out to the side). But then you start to wonder whether it is a habit - because I can say to him - thats an awful sit and he will immediately sit up straight (little bugger).

I take him for regular accupuncture - but don't think that will help you.

Have you watched him sit when he is out in the yard and does he have any trouble sitting or staying sat?

I can tell when he's really sore as he very slowly goes into his sits and drops but I can't tell if it's just uncomfortable when he breaks his positions.

He's not a dog that naturally sits alot, he prefers to drop.

When he sits during any training routine it's fast but it seems to be the sitting there for a period of time that is the problem.

• 1 month later...

That's actually a first for him....I think he was a bit surprised as the stewards and officials were at a table very close to the ring so he thought he'd just check them out first....heart attack stuff for me!!!!

Great job bedazzled and Brooklyn :laugh::laugh::) . I love him in the scent discrimination, he'd run out have a sticky beak then get back to work so cute ;) .

Thanks Caffy! Yep Mum's just made a cake and we'll have pink bubbly too!!!!
What a good boy he was :grouphug:

You handled him beautifully bedazzled :(

ps..I think that means cake tonight :grouphug:

Hmph!!! :rofl:

I'll have to watch the videos tonight :rofl: