Holistic Dog & Cat

collies02

Hi Jules

Thanks for the thumbs up.

Yes have all three formula's

No Pro Plan dont make it,

The reason why its not public knowledge (so to speak) who manufacture the product (under the contract) is, there has been alot of time effort and finances etc go into these formula's and to sercure the huge market it has in Japan, someone tired very very hard to steal it all, its a long story one l wont go into, so now it just has who it is packed for.

If you PM me your postal addy l will send you a sample of cat food,

Hey I am using this food ;) Do you make the puppy one as well? My stock place sells both.

I am on to my third bag of it. Previously was feeding Pro Plan. Dogs are doing well on it and my wallet is happy.

Tried to get out of the stock place who was making it but they were a bit weird about it. They told me that pro plan were making it??

I do have cats as well. To be honest my main concern with them is that the fussy buggers eat it! So I would try a small bag and if they ate it and what came out the other end was ok then I would continue to buy it. Maybe sample bags might be the go for cats.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool. Can I just ask what 'lamb flavour' is? That is the one ingredient that has had me scratching my head.

For any Outer East Melbourne people, I buy this at Discount Animal Supplies in Lilydale. Cost is $69.95 for 20kg.

OK well tell me why its the exact same bag I see at my local feed store (identical ingredient listing etc) and he told me its BestCare ??

I don't trust anything without a name on it, they could put anything into a generic white bag, sorry :cheer: Until it gets a brand on it it's suss

I don't believe Bestcare is actually a brand anyway,thought it was a company that maunfacturers pet products?

I have used a pet food previously that was manufactured the same way(not the same product thought I don't think ,It was called Be-natural) in a plain white plastic bag and has a label stuck on it with ingredients,feeding guide etc. It was also marketed for the Japanese market and I never thought it was anything but legit,just a way to cut down pricing on fancy packaging.Obviously the overseas market are not as concerned as we are with pretty colours on packets :(

Sounds like these products are marketed for the overseas market so it's a shame that they are not beter known in there own country of manufacturing

I have used a pet food previously that was manufactured the same way(not the same product thought I don't think ,It was called Be-natural) in a plain white plastic bag and has a label stuck on it with ingredients,feeding guide etc. It was also marketed for the Japanese market and I never thought it was anything but legit,just a way to cut down pricing on fancy packaging.Obviously the overseas market are not as concerned as we are with pretty colours on packets :rofl:

Sounds like these products are marketed for the overseas market so it's a shame that they are not beter known in there own country of manufacturing

Na na na nooo. Any export product would not be sold in a plain white bag with a label stuck to it. The Japanese market would never accept or buy it. What they are saying is that the bag contents are what is exported to Japan but it would be in a proper bag with a brand name for the Japanese. What is being sold here is the same product but not in the branded bag so the contents are put in a plain white bag with a label stuck to it and non branded. So then the question is why is it being put in a plain white bag and not branded?????

I think the idea behind the packaging is that we are not paying for fancy packaging. :D All the bags I have seen have the ingredients list on them. I was a little bit dubious when I got the first bag, I liked the ingredients though so thought I would give it ago. As I have reported the dogs have done well on the food. Both younger dogs have sensitive skin too.

I think it sounds pretty good, but I read the ingredients of the puppy food and wasn't so keen on it (wheat flour). I do like the sound of the adult Lamb & Rice though.

How big are the kibble pieces? I saw the pic on your website but don't know how big the bowl is that the food is in :D

Edited by amypie

I think in reality the packaging of the food isn't a major cost, you'd be talking just several dollars. My concern is why doesn't the company that manufacturers it want to brand it and put their name to it? It's sounds kinda of fishy - there is more to it. I notice no one responded to my question on what State it was made in even. And it is a big secret on who manufacturers it - why??

ETA The price of it in Perth is no cheaper than what I can purchase named quality brands like Royal Canin, Proplan and Artemis for so I wouldn't be paying $90 for a plain white bag of NO NAME food which I have no way of knowing about the quality assurance of the ingredients and manufacturing methods.

Edited by Chocolate

I think in reality the packaging of the food isn't a major cost, you'd be talking just several dollars. My concern is why doesn't the company that manufacturers it want to brand it and put their name to it? It's sounds kinda of fishy - there is more to it. I notice no one responded to my question on what State it was made in even. And it is a big secret on who manufacturers it - why??

ETA The price of it in Perth is no cheaper than what I can purchase named quality brands like Royal Canin, Proplan and Artemis for so I wouldn't be paying $90 for a plain white bag of NO NAME food which I have no way of knowing about the quality assurance of the ingredients and manufacturing methods.

Hi Chocolate. In answer to your questions....

The food is made in Victoria.

The set up costs for the packaging are in the tens of thousands to set up the die to print the bags.

I am not sure about the other brands you mention but I know in NSW Pro Plan is $110 for a 17 kg bag of adult food (more if you buy from Petbarn!!!) and this food is $85 for 20kg so for alot of people with mulitple dogs to feed this is a great option to keep costs down without losing quality. I fed Pro Plan exclusively for 6 years and gave this a go. All ten of my dogs have beeen on it for almost a year and they look fantastic. I have raised several litters on the adult formula as I breed Labs and don`t like to give high protein foods to pups which may make them grow too fast and end up with hip and elbow issues. The pups have been outstanding. I have found a reduction in doggy smell on this food and the stools are dark and firm. I recommend this food as I believe it is an excellent quality kibble at a great price not just because I sell it. I think the results speak for themselves. The results speak for themseves as far as I am concerned and all who are using it LOVE it. If you are concerned there is something dodgy going on just don`t use it.

In regards to the cat food. I have bred cats while I lived in NZ and fed food up to $15/kg! For a cat breeder to be able to buy a high quality food for less than $5/kg that is a huge saving! My cats have been on the cat food for a month now and are soooo shiny!

Kel - NSW rep

I think it sounds pretty good, but I read the ingredients of the puppy food and wasn't so keen on it (wheat flour). I do like the sound of the adult Lamb & Rice though.

How big are the kibble pieces? I saw the pic on your website but don't know how big the bowl is that the food is in :eek:

Hi the kibble is very small, a round kibble but a similar size to Pro Plan performance etc not big like Bonnie for example. Kel.

Hi Chocolate

Sorry to say you have your sums wrong re packaging, first you have to pay for a reg name (which by the way is in the pipeline) then its $30,000 to have the actual plate made to print the bags, then the cost of printing the bags and the cost of the bags,

The reason the company that manufacture is not listed on the bag is (if you read previous posts) they make it under licenced contract for someone else, the manufacturer doesnt even own the formula's. So they make it they dont own

Legally all that has to be on the bag is, Ingredients, recommended feeding guidelines and a contact name.,

No one has aked you to buy this food,

again legally whats on the label is what has to be in the bag. if your suss or fishy l will happily send you a sample and you can go have it tested.

As for the price of it in Perth, call some transport companies and find out how much to ship a 640kg pallet if you need the dimensions. 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.2

If you can buy such other quality brands cheaper. go for it, This food is obviously not for you

Thanks for your responses Wuppywomen and Collies02. I think it is always good for the consumer to be knowledgeable about products and find out as much info as possible. You've helped to answer some questions. I will contact the WA rep for further info.

Hi Chocolate

Your welcome if l can answer any more questions please just ask,

l would prefer to have the correct information out there

Thanks for your responses Wuppywomen and Collies02. I think it is always good for the consumer to be knowledgeable about products and find out as much info as possible. You've helped to answer some questions. I will contact the WA rep for further info.