Holistic Dog & Cat

collies02

Just wondering if there is any cat people on the forum who could contact me,

l have a 100% Aust made Holistic dog food and l have just added a Holistic cat food to my range and l am wanting some cat breeders to look at the formula and let me know what they think

Thanks

Sherel

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks l will post both the formula's here this is the Dry dog formula

LAMB & RICE HOLISTICGUARANTEED ANALYSIS

Crude Protein……………22.00% (min) Phosphorus(P)………… 1.50% (max) Crude Fat……………… 12.00% (min) Calcium (Ca)…………… 1.45% (min) Crude Fibre……………… 4.50% (max) Moisture………………… 10.00% (max) Crude Ash …………….... 11.0% (max)

INGREDIENTS Lamb Meal, Ground Brown Rice, Ground Oats, Rice Bran, Flaxseed, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Ascorbyl Palmitate), Brewers Dried Yeast, Lecithin, Natural Lamb Flavour, Dried Carrots, Dried Kelp, Choline Chloride, Calcium Ascorbate (source of Vitamin C), Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Dried Blueberries, Dandelion, Peppermint, Rosemary. Tomato Meal, Vitamin E Supplement, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Cobalt Amino Acid Chelate, Biotin, Vitamin A Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate Niacin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (B6), Thiamine Mononitrate (B1), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, DL-Methionine, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K activity), Folic Acid, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate. FEEDING GUIDELINES DAILY FEEDING INSTRUCTIONS. Divide the recommended serving amount into two meals per day.. In addition to food, always make sure fresh water is available.. Vitamins, minerals and other supplements are not necessary.. When switching foods, adjustment should be gradual. If a loose stool persists beyond three days, consult with your local veterinarian. . Feeding amounts may vary by breed, activity level, temperament and climate.. Pregnant or nursing dogs may need food available at all times.. Double the recommended feeding for puppies up to six months of age.

RECOMMENDED FEEDING PORTIONSSTANDARD MEASURING CUPS PER DAY* GRAMS PER DAY

Weight Total Daily Amount Weight Total Daily Amount

12 lb or less up to ½ cup - 5kg 20 – 70 g

12 – 25 lb ½ - 1 cup 5 – 10kg 70 – 110g

25 – 50 lb 1 – 2 cups 10 – 15 kg 110 – 150 g

50 – 75 lb 2 – 3 cups 15 – 20 kg 150 – 200 g

75 – 100 lb 3 – 4 cups 20 – 25 kg 200 – 250 g

Over 100lb, add 1 cup for each 25 lb of weight. 25 – 30 kg 250 – 300 g

30 – 35 kg 300 – 350 g

Over 35 kg, add 110 g for each 10 kg of weight.

Best before 18 months from manufacture date.

DRY CAT FORMULA

HOLISTIC FELINE FORMULA

PRODUCT NAME: HOLISTIC FELINE FORMULA 30/18

Product Description:

A single component natural coloured, mini kibble that is highly nutritious, very palatable and formulated with a combination of natural fibres to aid in the prevention of hairballs. The product is complete and balanced for the growth of kittens and the maintenance of adult cats

Guaranteed Analysis

Moisture Maximum 10.00 %

Protein Minimum 32.00 %

Fat Minimum 18.00 %

Fibre Maximum 4.50 %

Ash Maximum 7.00 %

Calcium Minimum 1.00 %

Phosphorus Minimum 0.80 %

Moisture Minimum 10.00 %

Taurine Minimum 0.10 %

ME 3.760 kcal/g

Ingredients Statement

Chicken Meal, Poultry Fat (Preserved with mixed Tocopherols, source of Vitamin E, Citric Acid and Rosemary Extract), Whole Ground Rice, Fish Meal, Whole Ground Sorghum, Powdered Cellulose, Oat Groats, Digest of Poultry and Fish, Brewers Yeast, Choline Chloride, Tomato Powder, Potassium Chloride, DL-Methionine, Taurine, L-Lysine, Preserved with mixed Tocopherols, Citric Acid and Rosemary Extract, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Zinc Oxide, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Iron Sulfate, Vitamin A-Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Manganous Oxide, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Riboflavin, Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Folic Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, d-Biotin, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite, Cobalt Carbonate.

Feeding Instructions

· Cats may be fed according to the daily feeding amounts in the chart below.

· Cats may also be fed cafeteria style by keeping a bowl of food available at all times.

· Do not add vitamin or mineral supplements because Holistic Dry Cat Food is complete and balanced.

· Please remember to always have fresh drinking water available for your cat at all times

Daily Feeding Guide

Weight g per Day g per Day

1 kg 20 g 6 kg 126 g

2 kg 42 g 7 kg 147 kg

3 kg 63 g 8 kg 168 g

4 kg 86 g 9 kg 190 g

5 kg 105 g 10 kg 210 g

For Kittens: Add water to soften the food, feed all the product they will consume at intervals throughout the day, use the chart as a guide and feed the suggested amount two to three times per day.

Nutritional Guarantee

Holistic Dry Cat Food is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profile for all life stages of cats.

KEY SELLING POINTS

Complete and balanced nutrition for kittens and adult cats

Natural flavour from chicken for a flavour that cats love

Blend of fibre from cereal grains and beet pulp for a healthy digestive system

Highly digestible chicken protein for good growth and maintenance of cats

Designed to aid in the prevention and elimination of hairballs

Yucca Schidigera to help control stool odours

Contains natural antioxidants, no artificial preservatives

Unique flavour and shape that cats love to eat

I just wanted to add that I have the food available here in NSW and deliver to Syndey and surrounding areas regually with a mobile microchipping service. I have 10 show/breeding dogs and alwaqys used a premium imported dry food. I changed to this food almost a year ago with outstanding results and I now recommend it to all my puppy people and inculde a 20kg bag in my puppy packs. I have tried the cat food more recently as it is new and not only is the price great compared to most premium dry foods, the cats love it and they look so shiny and healthy. There are some real savings to be made for those with mulitple cats while still feeding a top quality product.

Technically it is no brand, it is Lamb & Rice Holistic,

It is 100 % aust made from human grade ingredients.

it is made by friends of mine and was to be exclusively exported to Japan. it is made under contract.

my friends are not doggy people and due to the huge amounts they ship to Japan to a very fussy market they didnt have time for the domestic market, hence they gave it to me,

This product is very realistically priced. it comes in a plain white bag with the label and contact details. we have looked into putting it into a fancy bag etc and you will ad another $7- $10 per bag, l am not interested in the fancy bag as the product and word of mouth have spoken for it, and l prefer not to ad that costs to keep it affordable,

being Aust made it is not subjected to irridation, and its fresher.

you can see pictures of it on my website www.kylainknls.com

it is so far available in Vic, NSW, Nth Qld & WA

l am hoping to do a delivery run to Tasmania in the new year

I have tried this product on my foster cats and after trialling one bag seems fine. I normally feed IAMS or Royal Canin. It will be interesting to trial another couple of bags to see how they go.

I find it a bit odd though that on the packaging there are no details of who manufactured the product. What would happen if there were problems with the food - who do people go to and who is liable? Eg - the Orijen situation.

Edited by Laika

This is Ligit and not self promotion if you read the first post l was looking for cat people that could look at the cat formula for me, l am a dog person not a cat person, l wanted to know what Cat people thought of the formula, l was then asked for the formula's.

There should be contact details on your bags and any samples.

There is a Banner currently in the making to go on DOL Troy can varify that.

Some people amaze me simply asking for some advice and it gets turned around,

l actually care what goes into the mouths of all animals not just my own, hence why l was asking for opinions on the cat formula.

collies02 - the food does sound great, but with it just coming in a plain white bag, how can people be sure that the ingredients list you posted is what is in the bag? I thought regulations meant that ingredients/feeding guides etc had to be clearly printed on pet foods?

Hi Stormie

Whilst the food is packed into a plain white bag it does (should unless someone is changing it) list the ingredients and recommended feeding guidelines, and contact details. on the bag. Its just not in a fancy coloured bag. If the formula's weren't as stated on the bags you would be asking for trouble. There was alot of time effort and money put into gettting this formula's right for a very fussy international market,

This product is manufactured under licenced contract the formula is owned by the the people it is manufactured for, this product is shipped to Japan in huge quanities anyone who knows anything about the Japanese market would know they are extremely fussy

Its the same with Aldi products they dont manufacture they have it made under licence for them,

This thread was not started for any other reason than to get some feed back re the cat formula, which l will thank all those people who have contacted me and answered my original question. Thank you.

Hey I am using this food :laugh: Do you make the puppy one as well? My stock place sells both.

I am on to my third bag of it. Previously was feeding Pro Plan. Dogs are doing well on it and my wallet is happy.

Tried to get out of the stock place who was making it but they were a bit weird about it. They told me that pro plan were making it??

I do have cats as well. To be honest my main concern with them is that the fussy buggers eat it! So I would try a small bag and if they ate it and what came out the other end was ok then I would continue to buy it. Maybe sample bags might be the go for cats.