Puppy On Heat At 21 Weeks?!?!

Leithy

I too would wait until after she's had her season until you get her desexed - the op is more complicated (and hence more expensive though naturally that should not be the greatest concern) - it would only have to be put off for a month :confused:

It sounds like you are being a good pet owner, organising desexing etc but she has taken you by surprise! ;)

Just keep her in a confined area - no going out for walks in public places and make sure it is impossible for an entire dog to come within cooee. :laugh:

If you are not prepared to go to these lengths then definitely get her done.

But you sound like you're being responsible so call the vet and rebook. :mad

Yeh I called last week and asked them about it and they re-scheduled for January, which I am happy about, hopefully I got the day off (my rosters come out in monthly blocks, the joy of being a nurse)

I've been keeping her inside as much as I can, and re inforced the fences and stuff so unless a dog is a fantastic high jump leaper they can't get in. But I dnt take that risk and bring them inside when I am home, mainly in the bathroom unfortunately - the girls are going insane!

Thanks for all your advice, this is what I get for being organised haha...

Yeh I called last week and asked them about it and they re-scheduled for January, which I am happy about, hopefully I got the day off (my rosters come out in monthly blocks, the joy of being a nurse)

I've been keeping her inside as much as I can, and re inforced the fences and stuff so unless a dog is a fantastic high jump leaper they can't get in. But I dnt take that risk and bring them inside when I am home, mainly in the bathroom unfortunately - the girls are going insane!

Thanks for all your advice, this is what I get for being organised haha...

How about buying her some bitches-britches (panties) so she doesn't have to be locked in the bathroom?