If I Could Bottle A Heel Round - This Would Be It

http://www.youtube.com/watch\?v=itNam20fL58

Winner of Winners round State Obedience Championships October 2009 - I am Scoota's biggest critic - but he was on fire this night. Unfortunately he missed the down just before the end - the elbows didn't go on the ground......

Will ask santa for another one just like this :laugh:

Anybody else got a video of some trial work they would like to bottle????

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh: not often when it comes to Ness I have plenty I would prefer to forget about and nothing in the same league as your guys. But possibly these two might be worth bottling:

Ness's 2008 Adelaide Royal Show Open round

And

her March 2008 SAODC trial

Please Santa can I have a round like Scoota's :p .

Edited by ness

The rounds don't have to be as good as my guys but at some point you can have a really memorable round for whatever reason. It was memorable for me because Scoota often crabs and he didn't, he was as happy as, turned on a dime and I felt if I said to him fly to the moon he would have given it his best shot.

Ness - your rounds were memorable - because Ness didn't miss a position and she was on her toes and had a happy waggy tail - and yep if you could bottle that you would. The Royal is never an easy venue to trial at. :laugh: So well done..... :p

Hmm her Royal show round was memorable for another reason but we prefer to forget about that :laugh: but it did prove to me all my hard work had paid off and to think she came oh so close and worked her little black and white socks with only two interloper WA dogs to put in a better ring round :p then she did on that occasion.

Edited by ness

Yep! WA State Trial :laugh: Sure she started off wide, but once she got herself back on track she worked her little booty off and I just WISH for another round like this one! Well, at least until we can be as good as you and Scoota that is :p But for now, I am super happy with what she gave me in this video that I'd give anything to have it each and every time!

Great round Ptolomy!

Footage of both Ness's figure 8's show she must love them. Looked very good in both.

Very nice heelwork Rubystar! Your dog has great focus and keeps positions nicely in the turns,... and you turn quite quickly.

I have never recorded a round, because I normally go to trials on my own, but my wife will be at the FOO trial on Teusday night, so I will see if she will tape me.

Winner of Winners round State Obedience Championships October 2009 - I am Scoota's biggest critic - but he was on fire this night. Unfortunately he missed the down just before the end - the elbows didn't go on the ground......

Will ask santa for another one just like this :laugh:

Beautiful! Congratulations!

that was really lovely Ptolomy!

All of my memorable rounds I forgot to video tape or the video-er did something wrong and missed it!!

Are your heel patterns in WA usually like that one or was that special cos it was winner of winners?

Will ask santa for another one just like this ;)

Yep..sure do!

This is UD signals round from the Nats 10th Oct 2009...

http://www.youtube.com/user/caffy33?gl=AU&...u/4/zX8vpDbZY70

Why is it that the best ones we don't seem to get on video ;)

The Winner of Winners was judged by Alison Rumble from South Australia and it was just heelfree and a straight recall and yes this is a usual length round for this sort of run off.

The State and Nationals this year produced some stunning work - yes Caffy and Rubystar - they are two rounds I would bottle for sure ;)

Now if we could just go to the shop and ask for a bottle of heelwork and 2 SFE with fries - it would make life easy ;)

Edited by Ptolomy

Why is it that the best ones we don't seem to get on video ;)

The Winner of Winners was judged by Alison Rumble from South Australia and it was just heelfree and a straight recall and yes this is a usual length round for this sort of run off.

The State and Nationals this year produced some stunning work - yes Caffy and Rubystar - they are two rounds I would bottle for sure ;)

Now if we could just go to the shop and ask for a bottle of heelwork and 2 SFE with fries - it would make like easy ;)

Are you sure it wasn't Scoota I had in the UD round??? They all look alike those tollers :clap:

Loving Scoota and Beans' videos, they are great little workers :laugh:

Very nice heelwork Rubystar! Your dog has great focus and keeps positions nicely in the turns,... and you turn quite quickly.

Hmm yes, I tend to do everything quickly so I am going to try and make a conscious effort to SLOOOOW DOOOOOWN at my next trial! :laugh: Hopefully it will help Ruby out in knowing what comes next, and to stop her looking at me like "huh? come again?" when I give her a down signal that she apparently has never seen before in her life :p

Yep..sure do!

This is UD signals round from the Nats 10th Oct 2009...

http://www.youtube.com/user/caffy33?gl=AU&...u/4/zX8vpDbZY70

:laugh: :D :thumbsup:

Now if we could just go to the shop and ask for a bottle of heelwork and 2 SFE with fries - it would make life easy :rofl:

Yes please! I won't be greedy, hold the fries if I can just bottle that heelwork and get a decent SFE! :laugh:

Would it be to greedy to ask for a full UD round next year :laugh: . Where does one put in an order. Our closest round to being bottled this year would be one that caught me completely by surprise and where I thought she was flat but walked away with some absolutely super scores.

I think what makes my Royal round worth bottling was not just Ness's performance but I finally lifted my game to get my handling spot on :D .

Caffy and Ptolomy your dogs (and your handling) are supurb and something us mere mortals aspire to :thumbsup: .

RubyStar I know how much hard work you put in prior to the Nationals and it definitely showed up in the standard of Ruby's performance :laugh: . Way to go.

LOADS of great work here guys and was awesome to be able to see Ptolomy in action in person and Rubystar so happy you got that round on video of Ruby's, she looked fantastic!

Alex and Caffy are just awesome as well and of course seen lots of Ness in person too and they've put some fantastic heelrounds together too, well done everyone :laugh:

For me, my most memorable heeling round for little Riv is from Noarlunga this year I just loved his attitude that day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRllbIbyPOU

Nice round Rivsky :laugh: and have to agree great attitude from Riv :laugh:

Interesting that when we try and put our finger on why these rounds were special we each come back to attitude.

With Scoota the more up he is the more he drives and crabs. Most of our best scores have been when he has been flatter, causing him to be in a much better heel position.

Given the choice .........give me the "UP" version anyday :D