Eaglepack

chuckie500

I was on the US website and they seem to be separating their normal formulas from the holistic select line. I noticed in my last pack of EP food, they had a leaflet that the Holistic Select line will look different in the future and on the packaging it appears to have dropped the "Eaglepack" brand name.

Does any one knows what is happening?

Not sure what's happening with that but I do know that Eagle Pack has become next to impossible to find ATM.

My dog doesn't get dry but the cat does. He was doing really well on Eagle Pack and now all of a sudden nobody has it. A few weeks ago I spent hours ringing every stockist I could think of and all I could find (in the basic Adult cat Formula, I don't use the Holistic) were a few small bags left in stock here and there!

It's become too unreliable for me and I've gone back to Nutrience again :laugh:

From what I have been able to gather, Eagle Pack Holistic is changing its packaging and will be known as Holistic Select from about December, and will be dropping the Eagle Pack name. There will be some slight changes such as excess salt taken out of the Adult formulas and glucosamine taken from the puppy formulas and one of the live bacteria taken from all formulas because apparently it has been discovered that it does not survive the cooking process. Apart from that, I'm told there are not any changes.

It is hard to get here to and I actaully made a post about this yesterday, I got a 3 kilo bag and it was 3 months out of date yet it had only been in the store a short time as last week they had none, very strange!!

From what I have been able to gather, Eagle Pack Holistic is changing its packaging and will be known as Holistic Select from about December, and will be dropping the Eagle Pack name. There will be some slight changes such as excess salt taken out of the Adult formulas and glucosamine taken from the puppy formulas and one of the live bacteria taken from all formulas because apparently it has been discovered that it does not survive the cooking process. Apart from that, I'm told there are not any changes.

That's positive news then - particularly about the excess salt. I also have a dog thats allergic to shellfish and was getting sick on the glucosamine in the chicken formula so its all good from my perspective.

I was at a show on the weekend and met 2 lovely ladies from Eagle Pack, they explained to me that they are waiting on shipments to arrive here from the US and that it will be at least another 6 weeks for their dog food. Their cat food variety is all ok. I did however notice that the prizes we were getting on the day were very close to use by date.

Must admit I was at a cat show - showing our cat. And he did very well.

Sophie

We changed from Eagle Pack Power because they werent gettn it in hence why i went to Proplan adult. I wont be using the proplan adult again and am going to try proplan performance.

My dogs thrived on Eagle Pack but with it so hard to get i changed. I didnt want to change but i didnt want my dogs going without.

Wish it was made her in Aus. i think it would be alot easier to get

I'm starting to lose faith in our Eagle Pack rep. She never mentioned supply issues to us when we first met her in regards to stocking it. Every order we've made so far, there has been issues with supply. Each time I call or email her, she has told me they have shipments coming in etc etc, yet every time we call the wholesaler, they have a different story and are still out of stock.

We've been stocking Holistic for about 6-7weeks now, and in that time have never been able to order bags larger than the 3kg - nor have we been able to get hold of any Large/Giant Holistic.

Not a fan of the new packaging either. Much prefer the current one.

VERY ANNOYING

From Eagle Pack - they have been brought out which is why they are changing the packaging. Current supply issues are due to the new changes and the sale.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I can tell you is that some formulas may change marginally, however in saying this we pride ourselves in quality assurance and wellness for the animals who eat our products. Well Pet who now owns Eagle Pack have been investigating all products used in their foods and you can be assured that if something is taken away from a formula it will be in the best interest of the product

Large and Giant Breed Puppy will lose the Glucosamine from the mix as after considerable internal investigations they have found that puppies do not require Glucosamine for health joints. As you would only too well know that dogs are like humans, and humans only require Glucosamine to strengthen bones after they have reached a certain age and so it is with puppies.

However, at this point we have not been advised of other exclusions or inclusions.

I believe you were also interested to know why we add Dried Beet Pulp to our food. We do this to assist with- digestion in the gut as this does aid dogs digestive tract. It is certainly a "filler" but a useful one. We have very little "filler’s" in our product as opposed to other brands but as it is a very small amount, we consider it to be important for the balance of the formula.

Edited by CP*

only require Glucosamine to strengthen bones

err no.

Since glucosamine is a precursor for glycosaminoglycans, and glycosaminoglycans are a major component of joint cartilage

maybe they need to get their facts straight.

I see no probs in adding glucosamine to a growing giant breed puppies food, have done it for my boys and it does make a world of difference especially to my HD/ED rottweiler. Oh well another vote from me to not purchase it

only require Glucosamine to strengthen bones

err no.

Since glucosamine is a precursor for glycosaminoglycans, and glycosaminoglycans are a major component of joint cartilage

maybe they need to get their facts straight.

I see no probs in adding glucosamine to a growing giant breed puppies food, have done it for my boys and it does make a world of difference especially to my HD/ED rottweiler. Oh well another vote from me to not purchase it

I guess it depends how much they were adding as well, it's all nice to say as a company you add it, but as RC says- if it's not at 'therapeutic levels' then there's little point. :laugh:

Google Golden Eagle.

They have the original EP recipe (left it by the founder when he passed away) and they will be making as it used to be. I also understand they own some of the trademarks which is why EP are changing packaging, names etc.

Not sure yet if the new food will come into Aus. EP was being pulled from Aus but apparently there was a large number of emails sent to them when word got out that they are supposedly continuing supply.