Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I had to do this with my kelpie girl once...I used a baby's bootie and then vet wrapped it. I sealed it with elastoplast at the pastern.

Poor Toby. I hope it heals up soon.

Turns out the infected patch is a spider bite! Getting cortisol and anti inflammatory injections and cream. Vet also thinks that may be why he has been a bit lame. Have to sock one of his feet to stop him scratching how do I get one to stay on?

Poor Toby :(

Hoping the WA agility people can please help. It appears the Eastern Staters don't have the NFC rule for ANKC agility like we do here.

If I am running a dog in say JDX, can the same dog enter JD but NFC, in the same trial?

We have two tug a jugs here and Toby isn't interested :o But James loves it!

Thanks guys for the well wishes! Toby is acting perfectly normal, such a sotic guy... unless there was a gross patch in the armpit of his left fore you wouldn't even know. Put a sock and some vet wrap - he is now walking like a drama queen - he lifts that foot so high it hits his belly with every step :rolleyes:

We have a tug a jug as well I forgot about that - might give it a shot later she is presently downstairs eating a pigs ear after a trip to the local park (well she comes in the car and then lays on the grass at the park while Ness has a walk).

Worry about the side to side death shaking though and what that will do to her shoulder though.

Edited by ness

RS, in an ANKC trial dogs are only allowed to go NFC or to compete - they can't do both.

Bugger! RV, we may need to readdress our upcoming agility plans... :(

I had already thought we would be because Ruby's not 100% no stress :)

I will still come down to cheer :thumbsup:

RS, in an ANKC trial dogs are only allowed to go NFC or to compete - they can't do both.

I wonder if NFC in JDO could be an option? ;) Anyone know if NFC is available for Open classes??

I'm hoping she'll be fine by the 18th/25th June, because we're dying to get back out there! Vet thinks so.

Will be great to have your company, regardless :) But we'll make you have a run SOMEHOW, ok!!!!

I wonder if NFC in JDO could be an option? ;) Anyone know if NFC is available for Open classes??

I'm hoping she'll be fine by the 18th/25th June, because we're dying to get back out there! Vet thinks so.

Will be great to have your company, regardless :) But we'll make you have a run SOMEHOW, ok!!!!

Yessir! :laugh: Can't wait to get out to some more dog things! I am having trial/show/training withdrawl too.

You can do NFC once she has her JDO title - but you have to hold the title of the class you want to go NFC in :p However you then can't enter any other classes competitively so it wouldn't make much of a difference ;)

Maybe RV could get Jenna's last AD leg :rofl: Although I think the only trial we are going to is the ACWA one and I need to confirm with J and OzJen.

Edited by mirawee

You can do NFC once she has her JDO title - but you have to hold the title of the class you want to go NFC in :p However you then can't enter any other classes competitively so it wouldn't make much of a difference ;)

Maybe RV could get Jenna's last AD leg :rofl: Although I think the only trial we are going to is the ACWA one and I need to confirm with J and OzJen.

:laugh: Yes I figured that after I posted :rofl: RV may just run Ruby in JDO anyway, and ignore the distance challenge.

If my dogs continue to be broken, can I run Jenna? :rofl:

When do entries close for ACWA trial? Maybe I will just enter Banjo anyway - I mean he doesn't need to do any training beforehand does he? :rofl:

I started teaching him the dumbell last night though :p Now it is cooler I think I will have to get onto Bedazzled for more lessons!

When do entries close for ACWA trial? Maybe I will just enter Banjo anyway - I mean he doesn't need to do any training beforehand does he? :rofl:

I started teaching him the dumbell last night though :p Now it is cooler I think I will have to get onto Bedazzled for more lessons!

Closes next Monday, the 30th.

I got a plastic dumbell yesterday :) mason took ages to learn the hold he is special needs lol

Edited by Mason2009

I got a plastic dumbell yesterday :) mason took ages to learn the hold he is special needs lol

So he understands now? thumbsup1.gif