Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Hi everyone, I joined a couple of days ago and some of you pointed me in this direction. I live in Perth with my two dogs Molly (Rottie) and Tash (Border Collie).

I've attached a few photos of them, hope you enjoy :cheer:

Welcome again :cheer: Your two look lovely and oh so happy in those photos :cheer:

Hi all, just thought I'd introduce myself since I've been lurking on here for a bit. I live in Perth & have a 7 month old JRT called Toby (he's in my avatar). He's my 1st dog I've had since I was a kid, so this puppy thing is pretty new to me. We're currently having lots of *fun* training him....he's getting pretty good at home but still goes a bit crazy when I take him for walks & he sees other dogs....but he's improving....slowly...

LabRat, I'm sorry to hear about your horse. :cheer:

RottPerth, your dogs are gorgeous!

Sorry Swiss Girl, I don't know of a club that trains near Murdoch. Which suburb are you in though? Murdoch? Other SOR clubs are Southern River, Cloverdale, Eden Hill, Perth (which I think trains in Vic Park?)

Thanks Ruby Star, I ran into several people a few months who recommended it, don't know how they ever heard of it because I've found no trace of it :cheer: I'll contact the canine club an see who trains there now.

Hi Tobies Mum and Rottperth

so sorry for your loss Labrat, we also lost a pet just ove a week ago, our cat Xena

Hey question for the WA agility people - somebody tonight asked me if I was going to the Perth Nationals and if I was could I pick them up a couple of the tug leads which seem to be so popular over there. They got one from the Adelaide Nationals from I think it was Jacq Winton. I said I would ask around and see if we could organise them and get it posted over. Does anybody know if she still makes them or whether anybody else in WA makes the ones with the furry sort of fleece.

Sounds interesting, I have never seen one :cheer:

I can get a photo of them - they are looking a bit worse for wear but I have had them since 2006 and 2007 :( .

ETA. A photo of my WA made furry ones

4439915090_9ee15da82f.jpg

And if anybody is in the market for some all in one tug lead/collar combos - my favourite overseas site

http://www.kollarsbykathryn.com/

Not cheap but very nice quality - hanging out for our first agility trial of the year so I can use them.

4439142921_5f1306135b.jpg

4439144083_c723cac814.jpg

4439921730_1c10d8ae38.jpg

Edited by ness

I can get a photo of them - they are looking a bit worse for wear but I have had them since 2006 and 2007 :laugh: .

ETA. A photo of my WA made furry ones

4439915090_9ee15da82f.jpg

And if anybody is in the market for some all in one tug lead/collar combos - my favourite overseas site

http://www.kollarsbykathryn.com/

Not cheap but very nice quality - hanging out for our first agility trial of the year so I can use them.

4439142921_5f1306135b.jpg

4439144083_c723cac814.jpg

4439921730_1c10d8ae38.jpg

I am probably asking a really dumb question but is it just a lead that the dog can also use as a tug toy?? Sorry if the question seems odd but we dont go to agility classes at our club yet as my boy is too young but I am keen to try it out with him so I dont know a lot of the equipment etc.

Yep sure is - if you have a tug mad dog its the closest thing you can get to being allowed to take a reward into the ring with you to have waiting at the end of a course. Mostly for my older one its just all about show really. They look pretty and everybody else had them so I had to get one :laugh: . She isn't so keen on tugging. My younger one likes tugging as a reward so will be great for her.

Edited by ness

Yep sure is - if you have a tug mad dog its the closest thing you can get to being allowed to take a reward into the ring with you to have waiting at the end of a course. Mostly for my older one its just all about show really. They look pretty and everybody else had them so I had to get one :laugh: . She isn't so keen on tugging. My younger one likes tugging as a reward so will be great for her.

Thats a great idea, my dog loves tugging but dont know how interested he will be when there are other dogs around, would love to get one to try though.

Edited by Masons_mom

I was okay until I read the secretary saying that it was probably the highest number of midweek trial entries they'd had and there were heaps of new dogs in Novice! :scared: (There are 23, 5 of them are NFC) :) I was hoping there'd be hardly any of us and we could run and be over with before anyone noticed :rolleyes:

There won't be catalogues there, do you want me to print you a copy? I downloaded it.

Guest RosieFT

hey Amypie - what time does it all start?? what time are YOU on :-) ???? and you ValleyWA??? Will see if i can get down there if my husband gets home to watch the kids in time :-) Good luck... :-)

I just realised that it is Rosie's 2nd bday today.. oops!! lucky i had one last skineez toy left over that I was saving for when the other 2 'died'.. ahh well, it was a big raccoon so different from the little fox. She seems pretty happy with it.. Happy birthday Rosie!!! woooohooooo! :-)

Awww happy Birthday Rosie!

Judging starts at 7.30pm but looks like it is starting at 600 and moving down, I'm 20th on the list :) (Which is good I was really worried about being first!)

ETA: Valley is 15th on the list.

Edited by amypie

Yes I am the last dog in my class after the my instructors so I have plently of time for the anxiety to build! :scared:

Amypie some advice, if you have contacts wear them otherwise strap on the glasses. Last trial I saw glasses fall off then the dog waited patiently while the guy looked for his glasses so he could continue running the course! :)

And the toilets is ages away so no fluids because otherwise you will realise right before you run you really need to go. I know that from showing :rolleyes:

Happy birthday Rosie!

Edited by valleyCBR

I'll see if I can come down, I just need a doggysitter for my ratbags (parents come in handy!!) So what time are you anticipating to be on with the list of dogs on before you? I'll come and film you Amy (and you too Valley if you want?)