Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Guest RosieFT

RS - i have a soft spot for labs as i grew up with one and she was the BEST dog, so patient and gorgeous :-) But I like smaller dogs and less shedding dogs and OH doesn't love labs as he only sees the fat ones! I will have to bring him to meet yours one day :-)

We went to Busselton of one day and they had a stinger net up, so at least we had one stinger free day LOL . But at PGB there were heaps. I didn't get stung but most of the kids did at one point or another. The water was so warm. We saw a couple of huge rays and a pod of beautiful dolphins really close to shore - it was fantastic :-)

If only boy dogs didn't pee on everything......... girls for me :-) Having said that, my parents have had 3 bichons and the male dog Oscar was super special and the girls have been a bit wussy... gentle dogs, but lacking in something... but i know that could just be the dogs, not the sex of them.

RS - hope the guys shuts up. some people have not got a clue.

Holy cow emery! :noidea: I'm staying AWAY from your gazebo cos I'm meant to be eating better! :) You almost make me want to get a show Rotti just so I can sit with your group with the gourmet banquets :) But I'd end up "rolling" around the ring with all that food :o

I'll most likely be there on the weekend, getting more Lab puppy cuddles and having a play with a couple of dogs :laugh: May bring Ruby down so I can work her between all the exciting people and dogs like I did last weekend. It is a tough environment for her to concentrate in! She sees the other Labradors and her eyes light up like the mother ship is calling her home! :confused:

:noidea: nah all the running you do with a rotti counteracts what we eat :) nothng better than enjoying good food with good company and having a good time especially if one has scored a baby sitter for the kids lol

Just a small grrr - I work in a small office, and there is one guy behind my partition who just DOESN'T SHUT UP!!! I get into the office in the morning, he's gasbagging away about random things to anyone who will listen. And it doesn't stop for most of the day! Totally sick of the sound of his voice :hug:

time to turn your music up really really loud :laugh:

boxa poor bondi i would never of guessed that either she zoomies and bounces like the best of them

Guest english.ivy

Anyone bought one of the leather Karmar leads from Better Pets, 120cm? Saw them the other day and for a low price of $24 so I bought Badger one.

Used it last night and wow it's so nice to walk with! Going to keep an eye out for another one for Miss Ivy.

Do you need to condition leather leads, like horse tack?

They're Aussie made too :hug:

boxagirl, sorry I was half dead last night when I was posting and forgot to comment on poor Bondi :) Glad you've found out what is wrong and hopefully with some management she will be painfree!
Mason - new puppy!! love lab puppies :-) boy or girl this time? or did you say.... ??

We have just got back from a week away with my huge family and Rosie came along as well. She had an absolute ball with lots of people and kids to give her attention and throw the ball for her. Beach every day :-) it was fantastic. We went to Peppermint Grove Beach, lovely short trip (only 2hours) and so much beach for dogs... only downer were the stingers in the water, but i think they are all over geographe bay.

ok, back to reading up on what you have all been up to :-)

Welcome back! Lucky Rosie! I hate the stingers in the water down south, ruins perfectly good swimming water. I love swimming but refuse to swim in anything with creepy crawlies in it :hug:

You want a Lab puppy, too? Go on, you know you do :noidea::laugh:

There were stingers last week at Hillarys too :confused: Phoebe ate one and then puked it up, stood on it and it stung her on the foot :)

Great thanks for telling me! :) Now I won't be going in the water there, either :noidea: This is why I like pools!! I just need to find the cash (and room!) to install one!

If only boy dogs didn't pee on everything......... girls for me :-) Having said that, my parents have had 3 bichons and the male dog Oscar was super special and the girls have been a bit wussy... gentle dogs, but lacking in something... but i know that could just be the dogs, not the sex of them.

Girl doggies for me, I also am not fond of the leg cocking :) However, if I do get another Lab one day, something about a yellow male is appealing to me so I may get a boy one day! Other than that, I'm afraid I prefer my girlies! Stubborn and bitchy as they can be, still love 'em :hug:

Anyone bought one of the leather Karmar leads from Better Pets, 120cm? Saw them the other day and for a low price of $24 so I bought Badger one.

Used it last night and wow it's so nice to walk with! Going to keep an eye out for another one for Miss Ivy.

They're Aussie made too :hug:

Can you tell me how wide the leads are please??

boxagirl, sorry I was half dead last night when I was posting and forgot to comment on poor Bondi :) Glad you've found out what is wrong and hopefully with some management she will be painfree!
Mason - new puppy!! love lab puppies :-) boy or girl this time? or did you say.... ??

We have just got back from a week away with my huge family and Rosie came along as well. She had an absolute ball with lots of people and kids to give her attention and throw the ball for her. Beach every day :-) it was fantastic. We went to Peppermint Grove Beach, lovely short trip (only 2hours) and so much beach for dogs... only downer were the stingers in the water, but i think they are all over geographe bay.

Welcome back! Lucky Rosie! I hate the stingers in the water down south, ruins perfectly good swimming water. I love swimming but refuse to swim in anything with creepy crawlies in it :hug:

There were stingers last week at Hillarys too :confused: Phoebe ate one and then puked it up, stood on it and it stung her on the foot :)

Great thanks for telling me! :) Now I won't be going in the water there, either :noidea: This is why I like pools!! I just need to find the cash (and room!) to install one!

stingers are always on the west coast just carry some haemorroid (sp) cream and you will be right. but i prefer pools too lol

Guest english.ivy

They're Aussie made too :)

Can you tell me how wide the leads are please??

They had lots of thin leather leads there and the one I got was around an inch (maybe inch and a half) wide. Suitable for large breeds as Badger is around 30kg.

It's amazing how much easier it was to walk Badg, he's a slight lead puller :hug:

stingers are always on the west coast just carry some haemorroid (sp) cream and you will be right. but i prefer pools too lol

Really?! :) I'd rather prevent a sting though and stay out of the water!!

my mother in law swears by it :) i just stay out of the water :hug:

i like both sexes you can train males not to cock on everything

Girl doggies for me, I also am not fond of the leg cocking :) However, if I do get another Lab one day, something about a yellow male is appealing to me so I may get a boy one day! Other than that, I'm afraid I prefer my girlies! Stubborn and bitchy as they can be, still love 'em :hug:

Mason does not cock his leg :) He is special :)

They are hardly ever there though, been heaps of times and only seen people get stung 2x

Really?! :) I'd rather prevent a sting though and stay out of the water!!

my mother in law swears by it :) i just stay out of the water :hug:

i like both sexes you can train males not to cock on everything

SO if you wear the cream you dont get stung? Or u apply it after being stung? Apparently if you spray the sting with deodarant after you have been stung it takes the sting out.