Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

ozjen, that is disgraceful! :D Some people :D

Geraldton is only like 5-6 hours away right? Not enough time to make a doco or declare halfway we're outta cash :cool:

Yep it sucked because I could have gone in my sisters car but took the extra vehicle so this person didn't miss out. Still, one of lifes lessons learnt. We still had a great time, just mean't that my bills had to be paid in installments for awhile as I had to dip into my emergency funds and use some of my rates money. I'd always wanted to drive across Australia though, and also try showing in another state so I wouldn't have missed out on that part of the trip and the other ladies more than made up for the one.

That person must not have had a conscience to treat you like that :D

Karma will catch up with her (if it hasn't already).

Gero is a good weekend of showing. Nice relaxed country atmosphere and well worth the 10 hour round trip :rofl:

I agree!! I love doing geraldton!! and yes, its about a 10 hour round trip!

you must drive slowly :rofl:

:)

Gero is a good weekend of showing. Nice relaxed country atmosphere and well worth the 10 hour round trip :rofl:

I agree!! I love doing geraldton!! and yes, its about a 10 hour round trip!

10 hours!!! :rofl:

Took me 3 1/2 to get there last time I went, and that was on my own with two dogs and a toilet stop at Eneabba (for the dogs, not me). Amazing how efficient (speedy?) you can be on your own... :rofl:

Ah, those were the days.... Now it takes me 3 1/2 hours to leave the house by the time I round up kids etc.... :rofl: :rofl:

BIG DISCLAIMER: I am in no way, shape or form advocating driving over the speed limit... coz that would be bad :)

Edited by poindexter888

Guest belgian.blue

Can any West Aussies suggest where to buy a wire crate [collapsible] where you aren't charged around $4O to freight it to Perth?

I'm going to call up Better Pets .. are there any other stores like Better Pets and City Farmers around the place?

Can any West Aussies suggest where to buy a wire crate [collapsible] where you aren't charged around $4O to freight it to Perth?

I'm going to call up Better Pets .. are there any other stores like Better Pets and City Farmers around the place?

We found it was cheaper to pay the freight and get it off ebay than get it from Better Pets or City Farmers. They were really expensive when we looked (this time last year)

Guest belgian.blue
the canine dog shop open tonight & tomorrow night

Is that at the canine assoc in southern river? How much are they for a 42"?

What times is the shop open to?

Mine were cheaper with the freight than buying from here.

Hi, 1st post!

We're expecting... Rather, hopefully we're expecting! We're due to take delivery of a border collie in June (if mum's pregnant!!!)

In our usual way we've already bought a crate. We bought a 36 inch collapsable wire crate with a divider for $115 delivered from ebay, buy it now. Local (Perth) prices seemed much higher.

Did I mention we're excited????!!!!

Guest belgian.blue

Hi, 1st post!

We're expecting... Rather, hopefully we're expecting! We're due to take delivery of a border collie in June (if mum's pregnant!!!)

In our usual way we've already bought a crate. We bought a 36 inch collapsable wire crate with a divider for $115 delivered from ebay, buy it now. Local (Perth) prices seemed much higher.

Gosh that is cheap, could you please let me know the company you went through?

Congrats on your potential border puppy :(

I'd love to do a camping weekend with dogs too, one day when mine is good at obedience and your is good at agility we'll go, okay RS? :) Should only take about 3 years for Trixie to figure it out :D

Who said anything about them needing to be any good? I'll never get there at that rate :)

Maybe next year I will entertain the idea of a camping weekend with the dogs in Geraldton. Keep your calendar open Amy and keep the training up, you're coming with :)

The Geraldton show/trails can be alot of fun so it is definaitly worth considering and camping is availablle on the grounds for a few dollars so makes for a very relaxed weekend with like minded people. I use to go all the time, but petrol costs are a big killer these days as I usually use about two tanks of fuel with the van. One of Jenna's babies (well not still a baby) lives up there so it use to be good to catch up with her and her owners while I was there especially as she was one of the 2 that I was tossing up about keeping.

So perhaps I will add your name to the list too, then! :) I definitely think it would be a lot of fun. I'd go this year if we could organise a group, but I think it's probably too short notice.

And no worries Candice, if it happens you'll be sure to know! I don't own a tent either, nor a sleeping bag :)

Oh, now your tempting me, I keep looking at my canine news and saying I can't afford to go and that it will clash with tracking. I do have a big three room tent, spare sleeping bags, air mattresses and could possiably get hold of another big tent or a couple of little ones(possiably) :( I think camping may only be available to competitors though as its on the competition grounds. Entries close next Monday, how many are interested? Perhaps we could car pool. Mmm camping/competing V tracking, I need more and longer weekends.

If enough people are interested in camping with their dogs we could maybe arrange a DOLers camp somewhere in the not too distant future if we could find somewhere nice that we could have all the dogs at.

I had forgotten about the limit being 100ks with a trailer and sure enough got picked up by the Williams police on the way back from Albany....my speed....104!!!! I reckon they had nothing better to do that day!!! Only got a caution though thankfully.

yep we dont speed either & we have 3 humans on average 6/7 dogs trailer.shit load of gear.

car is on speed control because with the trailer we cant do 110 only 100 but still not 10 hrs

Hi, 1st post!

Gosh that is cheap, could you please let me know the company you went through?

Congrats on your potential border puppy :(

We got it through Oz-Directsell on ebay. The cage was $90 and postage was 25. I've added a link to a similar item.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Collapsible-2-Door-...=item3a57e18cb8

Guest belgian.blue
We got it through Oz-Directsell on ebay. The cage was $90 and postage was 25. I've added a link to a similar item.

Thanks for the link but I've deceided to go with a soft crate now.

Lighter and much easier to carry around!