Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Lots of fencing down here - have been up since 5 putting in temporary fencing and making the yard safe so we can let the kids out. 40m of fencing down the side, shed is demolished and is sitting in the next door neighbours yard, branches are down, front fencing no longer standing and we now have a problem with the lounge ceiling. Hmm Happy Boxing Day.

Oh to top it off daughter had a flat tyre - so that too has been sorted.

All the kids are OK - so thats the bestest news. :vomit:

Valley - the photo of Toby is stunning!

Ptolomy- Glad to hear the kids (red and actual :vomit: ) are ok! If you need a hand shout out and I am sure those of us not suffering from overindulgence would be willing to come down and lend a hand. :)

Out shed is in pieces and scattered around the back yard and I will have to retrieve my agility tunnel from next door. :) But there was so much choas last night I think our family was pretty lucky. :)

That picture of Toby shows his iSqueak face :D

Goodness me that is some wind.

Hope you are all okay and sorry to hear about destroyed fences and sheds. We had a very mild day and apart from one snake encounter late on christmas eve, very run of the mill.

Hope everyone had a great time and all the doggies and you got spoilt.

Goodness me that is some wind.

Hope you are all okay and sorry to hear about destroyed fences and sheds. We had a very mild day and apart from one snake encounter late on christmas eve, very run of the mill.

Hope everyone had a great time and all the doggies and you got spoilt.

SNAKE!!! :) I would certainly find that more stressful that my fence coming down, glad your dogs were ok.

Was kinda glad I was dressed when I let the dogs out this morning, when I realised the side fence was gone I could run out and grab the dogs before they disappeared. I was even more glad when I saw that although one of my averies had blown over(was empty) the one containing my cockie was still standing. He is now residing in a dog crate in the spare bathroom for the moment. Jo being safe made the fence a shrug of the shoulders and a minor inconvenience although not a good time to be paying an excess. :)

Hope everyone that experience damage is insured and it doesn't cause them too much hassle and that all pets are safe.

The dogs were inside watching the lounge didn't get away at the time :) It was 9.15 at night and I had gone down to the shed to get some more christmas paper from the storage room.

I shone the lights of the car into the shed at high beam towards the switch thinking it has been warm, need to be careful - sure enough there was one right where I needed to walk! Made me jump as I saw it after I had got out of the car and was carefully walking towards the door and light switch.

The shed is near the orchard which houses the chooks so my FIL is on the look out.

Edited by OSoSwift

Guest RosieFT

Merrry post Christmas everyone :-)

It is soooo hot, thank goodness for our solitary air con - although would rather be at my parents or brothers' houses with ducted air con - at least we have one cool room!!!

rosie had a brilliant boxing day as we had a water fight first thing and she thought that was FANTASTIC! Although we had to lock her up when we brought out the slip n slide for the kids :-)

I got a beautiful book from my parents, a compilation of photos of dogs "Dogs/Gods' by Tim Flach - anyone else seen it or got it? the puli photo is hilarious :-)

Took Rosie for a swim in the river at shelley this morning, but geez it heated up fast! ugh. Have to get up at first light tomorrow - which isn't hard since my son seems to think the day starts at 4.50am every morning... !!!!!!!!!! Which is great when you have had a restless night due to the heat.

anyhoo..

have a great 2011 everyone

Can we have the meet in an air conditioned facility :laugh:

Agreed :laugh: We're not looking to do a dog meet though, are we? Just a human one?

Where are u thinking of having it Rach?

Sorry Rach I probably cant make it, but if you are near canine Fri Night the kids have their last show their for a while.

Anyhow all, have a great new year amd stay safe xoxo

Smisch is here from the 28th of Dec to the 5th of Jan =) J, we may just head down to K9 on friday night!!!

We can do a lunch or something? a non dog one is fine especially in this weather, its a bit hot to have the pups out for long

Smisch is here from the 28th of Dec to the 5th of Jan =) J, we may just head down to K9 on friday night!!!

We can do a lunch or something? a non dog one is fine especially in this weather, its a bit hot to have the pups out for long

Be great to see you, Taha is not far from her season so may well be one of her lasy shows?

Fingers crossed!