Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

yep i plan to visit!! i'm hoping to visit and get to crufts in 2012... anyone want to join me?! he he

Me, me! Pick me!! Oh wait, are you paying, too? I can't afford it :thumbsup: But would looooooooooove to go to Crufts!!

Edited by RubyStar

yep i plan to visit!! i'm hoping to visit and get to crufts in 2012... anyone want to join me?! he he

You will have the best time ! I went last year and it was amazingly fantastic. 4 days is not long enough, it should go for at least a week :thumbsup:

ST- sad news about your mum and sister and Charlie but at least its not forever. What made them decide to move over??

Great news about Rommi being sound :thumbsup::laugh:

Not sure ST will see this so I will answer and end the suspense. ;) :)

ST's sisters husband is moving there for work. :swear:

oSoSwift- great news about Rommi.

In Toby news - his session went really well and the behavuorist thinks he shows a lot of promise. He is a bit of a loser at 'how to speak dog' if you will, but thats what happens when you miss critical socialization periods cause you are in a cast. ;)

I am glad Toby is improving :mad Are you taking any leave over xmas and New Year Valley? If so we must meet up and so some training sometime seeing as I dont have class and there is no monday nights for you :mad

Well I only work every second week so I have off the 26th to the 1st and then the 9th to the 15th. :mad PM me when/where suits you :) I will bring my Rally signs ;)

I am off now until 17 Jan so I am pretty much easy on days etc - Tuesdays are usually our playdates with Phoebe but any other day is good ;)

4 hours down, 3.5 to go until I can go home and do nothing, instead of being at work and also doing nothing. I tell ya, and I'm dead serious when I say this, that having nothing to do at work is terribly exhausting! Trying to occupy yourself for 7.5hours is horrible :) Same again tomorrow, then 11 days off, woohoo!!! :thumbsup:

Geez, wish I had your problem. Only at work for 5 hours but I race around non stop during that time, have had to take a step back and try to pace myself as I found that I was using up too much energy and when I finished my shift my limbs were going to jelly and my legs were giving way under me, plus having chest pains again (not my heart, stress related as I ended up in hospital a few years ago at this time of year for the same reason). Find it hard to slow down though with the workload and trying to keep everyone happy. Unfortuanatly requests for extra staffing falls on deaf ears even when my customers go in to bat for me. So looking forward to the four day break before the next onslaught.

On the upside my day goes in the blink of an eye and today after a particulatly stressful day Mum and Dad took J and I out for a lovely lunch at Sizzlers (although I was looking forward to my bed) :laugh: .

I have the opposite problem next year! I am working pat time in a really full on and quite rewarding (yet sometimes sad and stressful) job. I am going back to molecular genetics with a 3/4 study load including my enemy Chemistry :laugh: ! And I am showing Cider and Strauss, hopefully agility with Strauss and working on Toby. Plus I learn Greek and I am supposed to be doing more with my Italian studies.... Maybe a DOL free year next year? :thumbsup:

:) Once Cider gets 44 more points she will be out of there - which may make it a wee bit easier. Looks like I will have to get in early otherwise you will be waaaayyyyy to busy.

I have started agility with Cider :) but she has no power steering and no cruise control - do you think Santa might bring me some?

Hmm that reminds me can you please email me the shows Cider and Strauss are in for Jan? So I can let you know which ones I can make and which I have to work.

I have given Toby since last Thursday off training (so not quite a week) but he seems to remember his obedience stuff! Doing some very nice fronts, left and right finises!!! He will even recall from about 20m to front enthusicstically (in my backyard ;) ). But I don't think we are ever going to see the inside of a ring again (except if Rally comes in) which is a dissapointment because he is coming along quite well. However he be able to do a CDX round in my backyard eventually! Can the judges accept video entries?

Video entries work for me, we would have far more passes if it all could be done that way. :swear:

Gee you certainly do have a full workload comming up next year Rallyvalley, but hope you can still find time to catch up with us all. Good on you though for taking on the challenge. If you can't get to all the shows and Plotomy wants a handler I'm happy to give it a go when you can't make it, if it doesn't clash with Paps in group 1. I'm guessing they are stacked the same as Aussies so shouldn't be too hard but no help when it comes to Agility I'm afraid. I've gotten most of Jenna's points(several 100) and titled a Shiba so my conformation handling skills are probabaly better than my other dog ring skills.

mirawee and RV - don't forget to add showing my puppy to your list if it eventuates :thumbsup: But I might wait til 2012, who knows!

Abbey puppies should arrive in August :) If you get one of hers I won't be astempted to get one :laugh:

Probabaly befor then as she will be in heat in April, same as Jen. What's wrong with a Jenna baby?????? Thats if I can keep the money in the bank long enough to send her away for breeding and I can be parted from her for it to happen. :) Mmmmm, might never happen but I so want a Jenna baby before she is too old.

:thumbsup::laugh: Would love to and have discussed with a few friends about making 2012 the plan for Crufts but I think it will take a Lotto win for me to get there and I don't know that I could survive that long without my Jenna. I have Jenna OCD. :)

OzJen, 6 months from last season add 9 weeks from conception gets you to beginning of August :cheer: Could be a bit earlier but not much if they do exactly 6 months. And Abbey is just as likely to go 8 months :):thumbsup:

As to Jenna - J has said Abbey is definitely getting bred while you keep changing your mind or having something blow up and need replacing :cheer: Otherwise RS has even more puppy torture to look forward to :eek:

mirawee and RV - don't forget to add showing my puppy to your list if it eventuates :) But I might wait til 2012, who knows!

Abbey puppies should arrive in August :cheer: If you get one of hers I won't be astempted to get one :thumbsup:

Probabaly befor then as she will be in heat in April, same as Jen. What's wrong with a Jenna baby?????? Thats if I can keep the money in the bank long enough to send her away for breeding and I can be parted from her for it to happen. :cheer: Mmmmm, might never happen but I so want a Jenna baby before she is too old.

I would love a Jenna baby, the pups she had before were so cute, saw all their pics on facebook!

Were they the Jenna / Brookie babies? They were extra cute :cheer: (no bias of course :eek: )

mirawee and RV - don't forget to add showing my puppy to your list if it eventuates :) But I might wait til 2012, who knows!

Abbey puppies should arrive in August :cry: If you get one of hers I won't be astempted to get one :thumbsup:

Probabaly befor then as she will be in heat in April, same as Jen. What's wrong with a Jenna baby?????? Thats if I can keep the money in the bank long enough to send her away for breeding and I can be parted from her for it to happen. :cheer: Mmmmm, might never happen but I so want a Jenna baby before she is too old.

I would love a Jenna baby, the pups she had before were so cute, saw all their pics on facebook!

4 hours down, 3.5 to go until I can go home and do nothing, instead of being at work and also doing nothing. I tell ya, and I'm dead serious when I say this, that having nothing to do at work is terribly exhausting! Trying to occupy yourself for 7.5hours is horrible :cheer: Same again tomorrow, then 11 days off, woohoo!!! :thumbsup:

Geez, wish I had your problem. Only at work for 5 hours but I race around non stop during that time, have had to take a step back and try to pace myself as I found that I was using up too much energy and when I finished my shift my limbs were going to jelly and my legs were giving way under me, plus having chest pains again (not my heart, stress related as I ended up in hospital a few years ago at this time of year for the same reason). Find it hard to slow down though with the workload and trying to keep everyone happy. Unfortuanatly requests for extra staffing falls on deaf ears even when my customers go in to bat for me. So looking forward to the four day break before the next onslaught.

On the upside my day goes in the blink of an eye and today after a particulatly stressful day Mum and Dad took J and I out for a lovely lunch at Sizzlers (although I was looking forward to my bed) :cheer: .

Apart from your chest pains :eek: no don't wish you had my problem. People say that, then when they experience it, they appreciate being busy and take it back! Like you said, your day whizzes by. Mine draaaaaaaaaags and I feel just as exhausted had I been on my feet all day (I've done retail over Xmas, in layby especially and you can imagine how crazy that is, especially when parcels get lost and you have to break it to the customer :) so believe me I know what you're going through and I can compare the 2 types of exhaustion and they are damn similar!)

What nice parents you have! Please take it easy ozjen, we don't want you in the hospital again!!!! Work is just work, not worth losing your health for :cry:

Yes they were Brookies babies - so adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Were they the Jenna / Brookie babies? They were extra cute :love: (no bias of course ;) )
mirawee and RV - don't forget to add showing my puppy to your list if it eventuates :laugh: But I might wait til 2012, who knows!

Abbey puppies should arrive in August ;) If you get one of hers I won't be astempted to get one :o

Probabaly befor then as she will be in heat in April, same as Jen. What's wrong with a Jenna baby?????? Thats if I can keep the money in the bank long enough to send her away for breeding and I can be parted from her for it to happen. :( Mmmmm, might never happen but I so want a Jenna baby before she is too old.

Me, me! Pick me!! Oh wait, are you paying, too? I can't afford it :laugh: But would looooooooooove to go to Crufts!!

I would LOOOVE to come with you, and actually was trying to figure out how I could afford it

RV you are crazy!!

Ptolomy I'm hoping that Santa will bring me some kind of off switch for Ari... that might stop her from things like chasing roos!! What are my chances?

RS why not consider showing yourself? it's very rewarding! you also learn a lot about structure and movement... plus it's a whole different ball game to obedience, so a compltely new set of challenges! (I know you love a challenge)

My 2011 will consist of waving goodbye to my sister and mum, and then waving goodbye to my favourite showdog Charlie - all of them off on a wonderful journey to Jersey! I'll also be taking on handling of one or two new showdogs, including one of Charlie's sons :o I'm also very excited for my litter of little grey slugs. unfortunately, due to that litter, it means missing out on most of the tracking season, so i'll be hanging out to get that started before it closes again - around September!

Sorry to hear of the move, but im sure it wouldnt be an easy decision... Does this mean Char is going to go for his AM Ch title too? Jersey is in the states right?? If its not - now you all know why I failed Geography :laugh:

RV you are crazy!!

Ptolomy I'm hoping that Santa will bring me some kind of off switch for Ari... that might stop her from things like chasing roos!! What are my chances?

RS why not consider showing yourself? it's very rewarding! you also learn a lot about structure and movement... plus it's a whole different ball game to obedience, so a compltely new set of challenges! (I know you love a challenge)

My 2011 will consist of waving goodbye to my sister and mum, and then waving goodbye to my favourite showdog Charlie - all of them off on a wonderful journey to Jersey! I'll also be taking on handling of one or two new showdogs, including one of Charlie's sons :love: I'm also very excited for my litter of little grey slugs. unfortunately, due to that litter, it means missing out on most of the tracking season, so i'll be hanging out to get that started before it closes again - around September!

Sorry to hear of the move, but im sure it wouldnt be an easy decision... Does this mean Char is going to go for his AM Ch title too? Jersey is in the states right?? If its not - now you all know why I failed Geography :laugh:

:o And my first thought was the Island of Jersey!!!!

RV you are crazy!!

My 2011 will consist of waving goodbye to my sister and mum, and then waving goodbye to my favourite showdog Charlie - all of them off on a wonderful journey to Jersey! I'll also be taking on handling of one or two new showdogs, including one of Charlie's sons :love: I'm also very excited for my litter of little grey slugs. unfortunately, due to that litter, it means missing out on most of the tracking season, so i'll be hanging out to get that started before it closes again - around September!

:o And my first thought was the Island of Jersey!!!!

It is the island of Jersey in between the UK and France :(

R&H you don't fail completely - there is a Jersey in the US! but LR was right, it's Jersey in the Channel Islands... and thank goodness because there is no way I or my sister would want to be trimming charlie the way they do in the US :love::o

now Jersey has a kennel club, believe it or not, and 4 shows a year! but i don't think they have a title...

So keep your fingers crossed that Charlie can win something to be eligible for Crufts 2012... I have no idea how he'd go against UK OES... so it'd just be a bit of fun!! (Plus my sister would let me handle him). If we win BOB at the classic this year, we may be eligible in 2012... :laugh:

R&H you don't fail completely - there is a Jersey in the US! but LR was right, it's Jersey in the Channel Islands... and thank goodness because there is no way I or my sister would want to be trimming charlie the way they do in the US ;) :(

now Jersey has a kennel club, believe it or not, and 4 shows a year! but i don't think they have a title...

So keep your fingers crossed that Charlie can win something to be eligible for Crufts 2012... I have no idea how he'd go against UK OES... so it'd just be a bit of fun!! (Plus my sister would let me handle him). If we win BOB at the classic this year, we may be eligible in 2012... :laugh:

:o for you too ST and Charlie! :love: It will just be extra fun ;)