Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Emery, this is her http://www.cavalletti.com.au/listings/view/24929. They are also selling this seasons colts for $500 plus gelding fees :thumbsup:

OzJen, was that Xavi (pally boy who has been sold) or Riva (grey Andalusian x Arab who is still her but on the to sell list) lol. Or a different one all together?

Riva of course, but Xavi is beautiful too. Just something special about Riva. :( So sad that Riva is not staying but know you will find the perfect home.

mirrawee I'd love to have Raven :D

I use to be really obsessed with collars to the point of having to make a rule that I had to wait 3 months before buying new ones :( but lately I've actually been really good but I did just get Bear a leather puppy lead from K9 pro and it's soooooo nice :) . I always have black leather leads and just change the collars :cry: .

Guest RosieFT

Well count me in as one who never spends $$ on collars and leads. However, i have been looking for a set recently as her current collar is a bit stretched and faded. RS did you see the range of Kramer ones at Better pets? They are a new range since i last was there and I thought, had some lovely patterns. I actually got a set for Rosie, but when i got it home the leash was longer than i wanted :-(, so have returned them.

I like my Woollies 0.9m leash for her but they don't do that length at BP&G, smallest was 1.2m. Anyone know of any sets with short leashes? Rosie is better behaved when she is close to me.

I would love to get her a well made leather collar - to me, foxies should be with leather collar! but she loves water so much i would have to be taking it on and off all the time.

I guess i will just get her another 'snake' Rogz collar. Kids wanted to get her the orange one, but i thought that was a sign of a dangerous dog?!?!?! DH just laughted when i told him my reservations... as in rosie a dangerous dog?!?! :-)

Well count me in as one who never spends $$ on collars and leads. However, i have been looking for a set recently as her current collar is a bit stretched and faded. RS did you see the range of Kramer ones at Better pets? They are a new range since i last was there and I thought, had some lovely patterns. I actually got a set for Rosie, but when i got it home the leash was longer than i wanted :-(, so have returned them.

I like my Woollies 0.9m leash for her but they don't do that length at BP&G, smallest was 1.2m. Anyone know of any sets with short leashes? Rosie is better behaved when she is close to me.

I would love to get her a well made leather collar - to me, foxies should be with leather collar! but she loves water so much i would have to be taking it on and off all the time.

I guess i will just get her another 'snake' Rogz collar. Kids wanted to get her the orange one, but i thought that was a sign of a dangerous dog?!?!?! DH just laughted when i told him my reservations... as in rosie a dangerous dog?!?! :-)

Rosie,

City Farmers have a fantastic range of collars and leads, well, at least the Malaga one I go to has! Their prices were were quite reasonable, too. I went to BP&G and wasn't as impressed with their range, nor Pet Stock's range, either. Also, you can take your dog/s with you and try them on for size in store -- not sure about Pet Stock but BP&G and City Farmers you can. I forgot to go to City Farmers Malaga yesterday, they were having 10% off storewide and I had a shopping list ready, I was going to get a collar and lead, some chew toys and treats, for the puppies and a present for the birds. BUM

Annie

RosieFT - yep I've seen the latest range at BP&G and almost bought some from there, but again I held off because I wanted my same pattern, different colour thing :D :) I wanted an orange collar too for Millie cos I thought it would look nice with her coat :) Oh and about the length of leads, I hate long leads too so my last set I had mum cut down for me ;) The set I just bought off etsy, I requestd a 4 foot lead as I think anything longer is a disaster! 3 foot is more my style. I can't handle 6 foot ;) The girls slip leads I bought though are 5 foot, but they aren't used for walking, they were purchased for retrieving/agility.

Annie, bugger I missed the 10% off sale! BP&G also let you take your dogs into the store. I'd assume you can with PetStock also, though I'm not sure.

Tiggy - how did Bear like his first outing? It's so hot outside already, think we'll be spending the day indoors!!

Edited by RubyStar

It is hot already! Got out at 8am with the 2 weasels, took them both to the reactive rover group walk, and dragged OH along as well :) It was a good walk, but Daisy found it warm already. We stopped at a cafe on the way back and had breakfast, and Daisy got accosted by a sweet little girl ;) She did ask if she could touch them first which was good, and luckily Daisy loves kids, so she lapped up all the hugs and fuss - while I had to answer a million questions about them - such as...

Are they scared of policeman? (a police car drove by)

What's that spot on her back? (just a spot ;) )

And best of all....

Do they climb trees? :D

Crazy Cresties did you go take pics at the polo yesterday??? I am dying to get out this week with my camera, I believe there are really tame parrots in Neil Hawkins park Joondalup and I want to try head off there on thurs morning this week if I get a chance to get some shots, have not used my camera now in 2 weekends and I am getting withdrawls!!! :)

No I had to go furniture shopping instead - bleugh! I'm hoping my new lenses arrive this week :) Then I'll be out and about too :) If I can get the car on Thursday I might be able to join you if you want some company?

Where we go for the reactive rover walks is full of birds - it's at Perry lakes Reserve and the trees were full of white cockatoos. Did you see my Carnaby's pics? They were amazing birds :)

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?show...p;#entry5004479

I am getting a new (secondhand) camera body for X-Mas so I am feeling very inspired. Although I have to go through and develop them (damn RAW :) ) I got some VERY cute English Setter and Old English Sheepdog playing shots yesterday.

Oooooo, what camera? I look forward to seeing some cute doggie pics :)

I am getting a new (secondhand) camera body for X-Mas so I am feeling very inspired. Although I have to go through and develop them (damn RAW :) ) I got some VERY cute English Setter and Old English Sheepdog playing shots yesterday.

Pics are in the photos thread with title 'Rare Breeds Playing' and I am upgrading to an Olympus e30. :)

Edited by RallyValley

No I had to go furniture shopping instead - bleugh! I'm hoping my new lenses arrive this week :) Then I'll be out and about too :) If I can get the car on Thursday I might be able to join you if you want some company?

Where we go for the reactive rover walks is full of birds - it's at Perry lakes Reserve and the trees were full of white cockatoos. Did you see my Carnaby's pics? They were amazing birds :)

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?show...p;#entry5004479

Yeah some company would be good, I am not 100% sure where in the park the birds are but I believe they are so tame that they will come and sit on your hand if you have food :) my lenses should also arrive this week but OH is being mean and is making me wait until xmas day to open them and my photoshop so I am stuck with just my 18-55mm lens!!

Great shots of the Carnaby's!!! We have them flying over the pine forrest here by us but they dont come visit in our yard!

ETA there is also a cemetary up near Joondalup called Pinaroo memorial park, loads of Kangaroo's to photograph there so I may do Neil Hawkins and then stop in at the cemetery on my way home ;)

Edited by Mason2009

Pics are in the photos thread with title 'Rare Breeds Playing' and I am upgrading to an Olympus e30. :)

I got my Canon 450D as a used model and I am very happy with it :)

Just a little Xolo brag

Besitos Taha Daha (Imp USA) can now be known as CHampion Besitos Taha Daha (Imp USA)

here is a link to her and Ch Besitos naca at the show yesterday.

Officially there showng days are now over and we can concentrate on the breed and the odd show here and there for breed exposure BUT we can get back to the promotion of the breed to the public.

Piccies here

Just a little Xolo brag

Besitos Taha Daha (Imp USA) can now be known as CHampion Besitos Taha Daha (Imp USA)

here is a link to her and Ch Besitos naca at the show yesterday.

Officially there showng days are now over and we can concentrate on the breed and the odd show here and there for breed exposure BUT we can get back to the promotion of the breed to the public.

Piccies here

Congrats!!! :)

Yay for the Xolo's :) well done

We get heaps of Caranbys, they have rest stops and drink out of the troughs and strip the plastic coating of my cable they also make a mess of the trees, but we love having them. It is a real pleasure seeing large flocks come over every day.

We have just come back from our Dog Club wind up and Lewis got the highest score for Class 2 for the year and got a lovely sash - We are very proud :)

Edited by OSoSwift