Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Can she still jump? You should put her in an NFC Open or something!

She can still jump on the bed :eek: - but there is no way I would ask her to jump for any obedience competition. Her back end is a little frail - which is helped by having bowen every 6 weeks.

But there is no doubt she could do an open or UD round tomorrow if I asked her too, although not with the same precision as she used to have, but for the time being she thinks she is a super star just doing the occassional exercise at training and being rewarded for getting it nearly right :eek: and she loves playing Rally with Rally Valley.

Awww happy birthday Lara, she looks so good for her age, a real testament to your care Ptolomy.

Our first dog was free! Given to us when we were kids by a local, she was a camp dog, about 4 years old the vet said, she transformed from a skinny tick ridden scared thing to a plump bossy spoilt brat quite easily, we lost her last year, she was about 17-18, and was the best dog a kid could have.

Hope your house works out okay emery, it will if it is meant to be :eek:

We finally have some movement in our backyard / sand pit. We got a whole stack of sand removed and now we have a slab in ready for the shed to go on and we have paver dudes coming early next year :eek: Only took 2 years :eek:

Hope your house works out okay emery, it will if it is meant to be ;)

We finally have some movement in our backyard / sand pit. We got a whole stack of sand removed and now we have a slab in ready for the shed to go on and we have paver dudes coming early next year :eek: Only took 2 years :)

Golly gosh Amypie have you been in the house for two years already???? You need to have a grass laying party in the new year - everybody needs to bring 1 roll of turf to gain entry and you will provide the sausage sizzle :o

Emery I have my fingers and toes crossed and the bubbly on ice - maybe you need to drop the hint that its not a good idea to upset a pregnant lady ;)

A roll of turf per person? Does she want 10 different types of grass growing in her backyard? :eek:

I want to get my back patio area, the driveway, and the pathway that connects them both down the side of the house concreted (something like exposed aggregate...) but can't see it happening any time soon! For now, the back patio is full of those lovely square cement blocks and a strip between the patio and back fence is that lovely black dirt where it was once a garden (I removed all the ugly plants). I'd like to take the concrete right to the fence to rid the yard of that black dirt (where the dogs tear through it when chasing each other) and then put some pots there instead. Gotta be sturdy ones though, or the dogs will knock them over and break them! :o It would make my backyard so much nicer. I was going to put white rocks on top of the dirt but I have trees that drop horrible leaves and flowers pretty much all year round so it would be a pain to clean up with rocks! If I stay at this house and don't sell, I think I'll have to invest in the concrete. Now, anyone know anyone who can do that cheaply for me? :)

Well 2 years in February :o

It's not the grass laying that's the problem, it's everything else that takes time and money first, like retic, garden beds, paving, eeep! :):eek: Should get a motor on next year now that the ball is rolling.

I do feel sorry for the dogs at times though, when they get to go out the front while I am gardening they roll around on the grass like it is the best thing in the world ;) Poor little sand dogs ;)

No sorry, our concretor is a friend who was down from Wiluna, not sure he gets much experience with exposed aggregate out there :eek: The exposed aggregate looks nice but some of it is quite sharp on people & dog's feet, there must be smooth ones out there though?

ETA: And don't talk to me about black dirt :o Urrrghhh

Edited by amypie

No sorry, our concretor is a friend who was down from Wiluna, not sure he gets much experience with exposed aggregate out there :eek: The exposed aggregate looks nice but some of it is quite sharp on people & dog's feet, there must be smooth ones out there though?

ETA: And don't talk to me about black dirt :o Urrrghhh

You can apparently get a smoother one these days, but I bet it has a price tag to match ;) A friend was saying you can get spray on stuff that looks like exposed aggregate and far cheaper, that might be an option. I was going to get my driveway spray painted to look like spray on paving, but not sure I want that anymore. I can live with the cement blocks under the patio, as ugly as they are, but it's the gap of black dirt that is driving me crazy and needing an easy way to clean up the leaves which led me to wanting the whole patio area redone. Raking the leaves out of the dirt is hard enough work as it is, hence it only getting done once every few months :)

My dogs love the grass, they roll around on it and graze all day! They lived on pure pavers at mum and dad's for ages.

Had such a great Photo shoot this morning at Houndstooth :eek: Photos are going to come out great from what I got to see. Mason may also be doing some modelling work in the future :)

Woohoo go Mason!!!

I want my girls to do modelling work, that way they can pay their own way for some things :o

No sorry, our concretor is a friend who was down from Wiluna, not sure he gets much experience with exposed aggregate out there :o The exposed aggregate looks nice but some of it is quite sharp on people & dog's feet, there must be smooth ones out there though?

There's washed aggregate (rough textured finish) and then there's honed aggregate (smooth finish) ....

Have a look HERE and click oon 'Imagecrete' on the right hand side.

We use this at work. Expensive? You bet! :eek:

Had such a great Photo shoot this morning at Houndstooth :eek: Photos are going to come out great from what I got to see. Mason may also be doing some modelling work in the future :)

Woohoo go Mason!!!

I want my girls to do modelling work, that way they can pay their own way for some things :o

We will see what happens, they will only use him if something comes up for a black lab, if they ever need some yellow/choc labs I will tell them about Ruby and Millie too ;)

Woohoo go Mason!!!

We will see what happens, they will only use him if something comes up for a black lab, if they ever need some yellow/choc labs I will tell them about Ruby and Millie too ;)

and if they need a red lab - you can give them my kids details ;)

Woohoo go Mason!!!

and if they need a red lab - you can give them my kids details :rofl:

Yes of course ;)

Had such a great Photo shoot this morning at Houndstooth :eek: Photos are going to come out great from what I got to see. Mason may also be doing some modelling work in the future ;)

Woohoo go Mason!!!

Ruby is my photogenic girl :)

Had such a great Photo shoot this morning at Houndstooth :eek: Photos are going to come out great from what I got to see. Mason may also be doing some modelling work in the future ;)

Woohoo go Mason!!!

Ruby is my photogenic girl :)

Mason looked so awesome against the black background, I will post the sneak peak facebook link when its up :rofl: I am so proud that he won the photo shoot and print in the first place :rofl:

I know I talk about Mason a lot - I think I am really so proud because the 2 dogs I had before were such difficult dogs, he is so easy going, I think thats what I love most about him :rofl:

Edited by Mason2009

I dunno, talking about Mason on a dog forum, that's a sin!! :)

:eek: I think you are saying sorry to the wrong people :o We're all a little dog nutty ;)

Wish my family understood ;) They used to, but skin kids came along and it was forgotten how important furkids can be to some... including them... :rofl:

I dunno, talking about Mason on a dog forum, that's a sin!! :)

:eek: I think you are saying sorry to the wrong people :o We're all a little dog nutty ;)

Wish my family understood ;) They used to, but skin kids came along and it was forgotten how important furkids can be to some... including them... :rofl:

I am the only dog nut in my immediate family but my one step sister is also a dog nut in my extended family and her sister is also quite fond of dogs but not as much as the 2 of us are. My brother and mother are not really animal people at all.

Hope your house works out okay emery, it will if it is meant to be :rofl:

We finally have some movement in our backyard / sand pit. We got a whole stack of sand removed and now we have a slab in ready for the shed to go on and we have paver dudes coming early next year :eek: Only took 2 years ;)

Hope your house works out okay emery, it will if it is meant to be :rofl:

We finally have some movement in our backyard / sand pit. We got a whole stack of sand removed and now we have a slab in ready for the shed to go on and we have paver dudes coming early next year :o Only took 2 years ;)

Golly gosh Amypie have you been in the house for two years already???? You need to have a grass laying party in the new year - everybody needs to bring 1 roll of turf to gain entry and you will provide the sausage sizzle :)

Emery I have my fingers and toes crossed and the bubbly on ice - maybe you need to drop the hint that its not a good idea to upset a pregnant lady :o

might be an idea lol :rofl: