Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Bear was such a good boy at the vet and slept on the car ride there and back :rofl: . The vet was annoying me though :D , I hate getting the third degree about my choice to get the C3 not C5, I didn't bother telling him I won't be bringing him back for a third vac at 16 weeks, plus he recommended the heartworm injection grrrr.

On the plus side I'll be able to take the little boy out soon :laugh:

Edited by Tiggy

Bear was such a good boy at the vet and slept on the car ride there and back :rofl: . The vet was annoying me though :D , I hate getting the third degree about my choice to get the C3 not C5, I didn't bother telling him I won't be bringing him back for a third vac at 16 weeks, plus he recommended the heartworm injection grrrr.

On the plus side I'll be able to take the little boy out soon :laugh:

bahahahahahahahaha i got the same thing but i do the c5 then no more lol. i am still getting letters in the mail saying she is overdue. all the i hoope you aren't taking her out and about as parvo is running rampant oh no i don't says i who has already had pup at parks, peoples houses, shops, show grounds etc rofl.

she reccomended the heart worm jab too i was like no thanks i do tabs well i don't but she don't know that lol. i also only advocate every two or three months or if she seems to be getting itchy never had fleas though.

wonders if its the same vet????

No C5s for me thanks... I asked for the C3 and my vet was fine with it, they didn't even mention the heartworm injection, I would have declined anyway.

They did tell me not to feed bones though, and to brush my dogs teeth every day (we're talking about a puppy here) Ummm, no thanks :laugh: The bones will clean her teeth, not me :eek:

I've decided 4legs dog roll is more dangerous than bones anyway... I gave some to my two for dinner and they practically inhaled it at rapid speed then Kyzer had a bit of a breathing attack, oh my God :D Hand feeding it from now on :rofl: At least they chew bones!

oh yeah i got the no bones things too lol.

vaccs will always be a personal thing :laugh:

i don't and never will touch a c7 and my girl who is in qld has had her first ever kennel cough up the nose thingy but i don't do that here

No C5s for me thanks... I asked for the C3 and my vet was fine with it, they didn't even mention the heartworm injection, I would have declined anyway.

They did tell me not to feed bones though, and to brush my dogs teeth every day (we're talking about a puppy here) Ummm, no thanks ;) The bones will clean her teeth, not me :)

I've decided 4legs dog roll is more dangerous than bones anyway... I gave some to my two for dinner and they practically inhaled it at rapid speed then Kyzer had a bit of a breathing attack, oh my God :eek: Hand feeding it from now on :eek: At least they chew bones!

;) that's funny

The vet did ask what I was feeding and I just said raw and a bit of dry, he probably would have had a heart attack if I said well he'll be having a turkey wing(small one) for lunch :D

vaccs will always be a personal thing ;)

i don't and never will touch a c7 and my girl who is in qld has had her first ever kennel cough up the nose thingy but i don't do that here

I agree my dogs my choice ;) . RSG and me agree on vaccinating so I have her support bugger the vet :D .

Can someone please explain to me in dummy's terms how to go about getting my dogs titre tested? I don't vaccinate my dogs every year now - Ruby's last one was in 2008 or 2009 and Millie's 2009, so I should be going about checking their immunity level now shouldn't I? What do I ask for from the vet? If I just ask for a titre test will that cover everything or do I have to be specific about what I want them to check immunity for? And how often should you titre test?

Edited by RubyStar

vaccs will always be a personal thing ;)

I agree my dogs my choice :eek: . RSG and me agree on vaccinating so I have her support bugger the vet :D .

my breeder supports me too ;) it is great when you have their support and i agree bugger the money hungry vets.

rubystar i am not sure sorry

Can someone please explain to me in dummy's terms how to go about getting my dogs titre tested? I don't vaccinate my dogs every year now - Ruby's last one was in 2008 or 2009 and Millie's 2009, so I should be going about checking their immunity level now shouldn't I? What do I ask for from the vet? If I just ask for a titre test will that cover everything or do I have to be specific about what I want them to check immunity for? And how often should you titre test?

I just asked at Vetwest for it, they took bloods and sent it off (Parvo & Distemper from memory - Hep is sent overseas for testing and I didn't think it was necessary). I believe Ptolomy has found better cheaper ways to do it now? Can't remember, but want to get mine done soon.

The vets I've asked don't do it but I must ask Mason2009 where she gets it done.

By the way does Southern River not require annual vaccinations?

Edited by Tiggy

I don't know where to do agility training with Banjo ;) . I'll have obedience at SR Mondays, ACWA Tuesdays with Bear(don't think I'll be able to train Banjo there to especially while they're at different levels), I know some of you do your on thing on Thursdays at SR but I need instruction I don't know what I'm doing :D .

Of course everywhere you take your dogs (training, boarding, etc) require annual vacs, or titre testing. Hence me seeking out answers to titre testing ;)

I just did it at my vet, he really wants to vaccinate my dog but dermatologist told him not to in no uncertain terms. I paid $60 for the test, it was Parvo and Distemper. They say to check the levels annually. Mason only every had puppy vacs and results came back as sufficient cover.

Of course everywhere you take your dogs (training, boarding, etc) require annual vacs, or titre testing. Hence me seeking out answers to titre testing :D

I just did it at my vet, he really wants to vaccinate my dog but dermatologist told him not to in no uncertain terms. I paid $60 for the test, it was Parvo and Distemper. They say to check the levels annually. Mason only every had puppy vacs and results came back as sufficient cover.

Which vet is this? ;)

I don't know where to do agility training with Banjo ;) . I'll have obedience at SR Mondays, ACWA Tuesdays with Bear(don't think I'll be able to train Banjo there to especially while they're at different levels), I know some of you do your on thing on Thursdays at SR but I need instruction I don't know what I'm doing :D .

I've been thinking I could do agility at northern suburbs on Wednesdays - Mason2009 we could be agility buddies if you take it up again ;) .

I don't know where to do agility training with Banjo ;) . I'll have obedience at SR Mondays, ACWA Tuesdays with Bear(don't think I'll be able to train Banjo there to especially while they're at different levels), I know some of you do your on thing on Thursdays at SR but I need instruction I don't know what I'm doing ;) .

I've been thinking I could do agility at northern suburbs on Wednesdays - Mason2009 we could be agility buddies if you take it up again :eek: .

I had the test done at Vital Vet Ellenbrook - Dr Barry Odesnik, Masons favorite vet and Barrys most reliable customer :D

Yes I have been thinking of going back to agility next year :eek:

ETA that you would have to just join Northern Suburbs as a member to do the agility.

RS I only got you in the one pic - and I think your foot may be in a few but I need to edit them, may do it tonight - need to pick 3 for my assignment

Edited by Mason2009