Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Had a good day at the show yesterday, saw all my favourite ridgies :laugh: ....Missed the DWD though. Will be going to the show BY MYSELF next year................Didnt get to see half what I really wanted to. Bad enough with an OH, cant imagine what it would be like with kids as well!!

The dogs slept like hairy logs last night after being in kennels for 3 nights....Poor girls probably thought we werent coming back to get them!!

I have picked out my baby Llama, and the other will be a surprise! Im getting a pregnant female and will keep the baby from her...Getting excited now :) Dont have any photos, but baby Felea is black and cheeky!

cant wait for the pics of the baby llamas :D so cute i bet.

it is so much fun going with four kids lol i saw nothing i wanted to see either i reckon i mihgt go alone on sat watch the general specials and have a wander around :)

Hi Ravenau1 :wave:

I started tracking with Trackwest this year and its alot of fun with very friendly people. The dogs pick it up very quickly and if the owners pick it up just as quick there is every likelyhood of obtaining a tracking title by the end of the first season. I'm not one of those people though so haven't entered a trial yet, maybe next season.

Tracking is open to dogs of all ages and types and I was told that they are thinking of doing a puppy or youngster group next season. At this stage it is held in the Gnangarra pine forrest on a Saturday morning starting at 8am, there is a reasonable amount of hiking around as we lay tracks for each other as well as follow tracks ourselves. At tracking trails we usually get a lovely roast dinner for $5 after the trial is over and its a nice relaxed atmostphere for the presentations.

Hi Ozjen :)

Hopefully we will see you there! I am really keen to give this a go as it sounds really interesting. Where do you get the equipment and such from? I think some people use a flyball harness? I could be wrong though lol

last one after all the cuddles (we spent itme in the cnaine tent meet and greet outside) and the judging she bombed out :)

She is just beautiful emery! :)

I have an irresponsible neighbour 1 door down and he has a Rotti pup about the same size/age as yours.

The poor dog doesn't get walked and my next door neighbours have taken to walking the dog (obviously not used to a lead and has had no discipline) but he is a very funny boy, he puts his paws over the fence, right up to his elbows and just stands there checking everything out. It does look sweet but I dread to think what will become of this puppy. :(

thankyou :)

oh no poor rotti pup bet he pulls like a train. kealri will pull but not hard as i want her to enjoy the lead and to run with me for shows but trianing is a must. both mine will hang over the fence to check things out they love it especially wehn the neighbours cuddle them lol. rottis are very fast learners and normally very food motivated. i hope they learn to take notice of their family member as rotti's are very much family dogs :( i see him ending up in the pound though :( plz keep me updated if that looks like happening and i will see what i can do :(

Yes, I will let you know if the dog's outlook becomes bleak(er).

It's an Indian or Sri Lankan guy that owns this dog, and it's shelter is an old car in the carport. One of the back doors is tied open to one of the carport poles. I'm assuming he has the dog for 'security' purposes :(

On a brighter note, I only have 3 days to go before I pick up my little bundle of mischief. :D

How exciting! :D

Had a good day at the show yesterday, saw all my favourite ridgies :wave: ....Missed the DWD though. Will be going to the show BY MYSELF next year................Didnt get to see half what I really wanted to. Bad enough with an OH, cant imagine what it would be like with kids as well!!

The dogs slept like hairy logs last night after being in kennels for 3 nights....Poor girls probably thought we werent coming back to get them!!

I have picked out my baby Llama, and the other will be a surprise! Im getting a pregnant female and will keep the baby from her...Getting excited now :) Dont have any photos, but baby Felea is black and cheeky!

cant wait for the pics of the baby llamas :D so cute i bet.

it is so much fun going with four kids lol i saw nothing i wanted to see either i reckon i mihgt go alone on sat watch the general specials and have a wander around :D

Here is a photo of another baby, but Felea looks pretty much the same!!! She is so cute and cheeky!

post-12444-1285729051_thumb.jpg

does anyone have a cnine news handy (i lost mine :) ) i would like to know the closing date for the geraldton open and champ show on sat oct 23rd thanks if it is still open can you message me the details and postage info so i can enter plz :wave:

and the all breeds dog club show on octobersat and sun 30/31 thanks

Edited by emery

I will be getting a girl who has had babies before and is a good birther!! The breeder has picked a couple of girls out, just depends on who is pregnant and to who!!

It will be and interesting journey. Ive had experience with sheep and cows giving birth, one horse and even a cat - just hope llamas do it easy and nothing goes wrong :)

Im really looking forward to getting something new and unusual to work with! I will even try my Parelli skills out on Felea!!

I will be getting a girl who has had babies before and is a good birther!! The breeder has picked a couple of girls out, just depends on who is pregnant and to who!!

It will be and interesting journey. Ive had experience with sheep and cows giving birth, one horse and even a cat - just hope llamas do it easy and nothing goes wrong :)

Im really looking forward to getting something new and unusual to work with! I will even try my Parelli skills out on Felea!!

sounds like it is going to be an intersting journey all the best with it i hope we get a pictorial report rofl :D

thanks for the information ozjen :wave:

Yes, Ozjen was not impressed with Miss Jenna but almost had a heart attack when she landed chest first of the A frame with her front legs buckled under her. I'm sure she only did it so mum would feel sorry for her and not be mad. Pity she was too heavy for me to throw over the pound fence on the way home. :(

As if you could do that :( Throw her over my fence before you throw her over the pound fence :)

Crikeys! Glad she's okay!

Wasn't quite that bad, she launched from near the top of the A-frame (Jenna has never even looked at missing the colour before yesterday :D That is Abbey's trick when she is feral) and landed on her feet but tripped on landing and went down on her shoulder (I was a bit closer and at a better angle to OzJen). OzJen grabbed her when she left the ring and was worried coz she was shaking - me being the cruel person I am went over and grabbed her, told OzJen she was fine and not to baby her and took her out the back to make her listen before putting her in the crate :wave: However I had noticed that she had trotted off perfectly sound after doing her dive bomb and she was "shaking" due to adrenaline from being a feral Aussie not coz she had injured herself :( I am assuming she pulled up all right today. OzJen? I can understand why you would have had a minor heart attack though :D

A few dogs lost their footing on the grounds yesterday for some reason when turning or landing after jumps.

Yep, no bad side effects she was still keen to have time on the treadmill the next day. I don't get a chance to use it as she jumps on behind when its my turn and just about takes my legs out. It certainly didn't stop her trying to cheat with the jumping either, as J said at least she knew to jump the timming gate jump at the end.

Hi Ravenau1 :)

I started tracking with Trackwest this year and its alot of fun with very friendly people. The dogs pick it up very quickly and if the owners pick it up just as quick there is every likelyhood of obtaining a tracking title by the end of the first season. I'm not one of those people though so haven't entered a trial yet, maybe next season.

Tracking is open to dogs of all ages and types and I was told that they are thinking of doing a puppy or youngster group next season. At this stage it is held in the Gnangarra pine forrest on a Saturday morning starting at 8am, there is a reasonable amount of hiking around as we lay tracks for each other as well as follow tracks ourselves. At tracking trails we usually get a lovely roast dinner for $5 after the trial is over and its a nice relaxed atmostphere for the presentations.

Hi Ozjen :wave:

Hopefully we will see you there! I am really keen to give this a go as it sounds really interesting. Where do you get the equipment and such from? I think some people use a flyball harness? I could be wrong though lol

The club has the harnesses available for purchase but you can start of with any harness until you decide that you like it. With the lead I bought a 10m lunge lead from the horse shop for around $10 although you may need longer than this later. Some dogs they recommend wearing gloves with but I didn't find it necessary although they did recommend it with my dog. We flag out our tracks by using the green bamboo garden stakes and surveyors tape/ribbon (avail from Bunnings for about $8 a roll) and I use an old camping chair bag as my flag bag but the instructors usually provide them for the first couple of weeks.

I started with a car harness but found that it slipped too much and then went for one of the clubs harnesses. Wet weather gear is recommended too with it being over winter but given how little rain we got this year I didn't need more that a waterproof jacket once or twice during the season.

I have surveyors tape and bamboo stakes ..... and a tracking lead ...... and some wet weather gear ..... and gumboots(navy with thin yellow stripes :) ) ..... and hiking boots (ladies size 9) ..... and short markers with tape ......and probably more stuff if I looked.

It will all go within the next few months (before Xmas) if anyone is interested!

Edited by Golden Rules

I can't hear that as I don't have sound at work ..... but I do have a babble ball on the way over from Clean Run .... is that where you got yours Tiggy?

I was at the post office picking up a bix box from Clean Run the other day andthere was another big box from Clean Run there too, I almost pointed to it and said 'that one too', then I wondered if it belonged to another doler in my area :rofl:

It wasn't for me anyway :cry:

Clean Run must be flat out right now with such a good exchange rate.

I can't hear that as I don't have sound at work ..... but I do have a babble ball on the way over from Clean Run .... is that where you got yours Tiggy?

I was at the post office picking up a bix box from Clean Run the other day andthere was another big box from Clean Run there too, I almost pointed to it and said 'that one too', then I wondered if it belonged to another doler in my area :rofl:

It wasn't for me anyway :cry:

Clean Run must be flat out right now with such a good exchange rate.

Yep I got it from clean run ;) . Which post office do you go to? I bet the other package was for a doler :D .

Yep I got it from clean run :rofl: . Which post office do you go to? I bet the other package was for a doler :rofl: .

Carlisle and I bet it was for a Doler too - or at least a person who reads DOL if they aren't a member :D

D Store has free shipping on pet stuff at the moment and that includes i-squeaks.

Hurries off to D Store! :cry:

Edited by Golden Rules