Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

had a great day at the royal with kelari we got 2nd in our class of 3 against two older bitches am thrilled :bolt:

way to go Emery and Kelari

hope you got pics!

J

definately did will post later probably tomorrow hubby is too tired to put htem on computer and my computer is broken at the moment so i am using his laptop :rofl:

I think everyone needs to remember the best and only security is

ONESELF!!and their helpers partner.

I will not leave my dogs AT ALL< but then again thats my background in the environment we live in and dealing with undesirables for nearly 20 years1

TRUST noone!!

Just a warning I think we all may tend to forget at times.

I know we all look at Perth as safe etc but there are still some undesirables in the Dog World. Anyone who is on my facebbok page will see the Xolo friends in Europe are being threatened with harm and poison at this years

World Show ( Dogs and handlers) I know we are not that bad but pays to always be oversafe! I believe.

J

I think everyone needs to remember the best and only security is

ONESELF!!and their helpers partner.

I will not leave my dogs AT ALL< but then again thats my background in the environment we live in and dealing with undesirables for nearly 20 years1

TRUST noone!!

Just a warning I think we all may tend to forget at times.

I know we all look at Perth as safe etc but there are still some undesirables in the Dog World. Anyone who is on my facebbok page will see the Xolo friends in Europe are being threatened with harm and poison at this years

World Show ( Dogs and handlers) I know we are not that bad but pays to always be oversafe! I believe.

J

i totally agree kelari was either with me or andrew if we both had to go somewhere she was with a good friend and her rotti and her or her husband held her and we did the same for her. I trust her completely though she did beat me rofl in the ring hahahahahahaha

There are some DOLers on here who do tracking. I'm pretty sure the tracking season is finished for the year? It's quite short and over the cooler months because of snakes etc. Your pup will probably be a good age for it for next season :rofl:

Here is Trackwest's website:

http://www.trackwest.com.au/

What breed are you getting? (sorry if I missed it :bolt: )

Thanks, amypie :rofl: Website is great! Looks like so much fun!

I am getting a Dobermann :rofl:

I am getting a little frustrated though, seems like just about everything is on a weeknight! And like I said before I can only go places at night every second week on weekdays. I am looking for a good place to do obedience and can only find one place that seems to do weekends, but it's over an hour from here. Could anyone point me in the right direction? I am in the southern suburbs. Someone told me that they thought there was a place in Gosnells that had classes on Sundays but I can't seem to find anything.

emery, congrats :) Was there decent security at the Royal Show for dogs this year? Just curious after what happened to the poor lil Chi.

I'm pretty sure Gosnells is at Lumen Christi on Sundays

There are some DOLers on here who do tracking. I'm pretty sure the tracking season is finished for the year? It's quite short and over the cooler months because of snakes etc. Your pup will probably be a good age for it for next season :rofl:

Here is Trackwest's website:

http://www.trackwest.com.au/

What breed are you getting? (sorry if I missed it :rofl: )

Thanks, amypie :) Website is great! Looks like so much fun!

I am getting a Dobermann :eek:

I am getting a little frustrated though, seems like just about everything is on a weeknight! And like I said before I can only go places at night every second week on weekdays. I am looking for a good place to do obedience and can only find one place that seems to do weekends, but it's over an hour from here. Could anyone point me in the right direction? I am in the southern suburbs. Someone told me that they thought there was a place in Gosnells that had classes on Sundays but I can't seem to find anything.

emery, congrats :eek: Was there decent security at the Royal Show for dogs this year? Just curious after what happened to the poor lil Chi.

I'm pretty sure Gosnells is at Lumen Christi on Sundays

lol I went to school there for a year :bolt:

Here's the contact details for Gosnells

GOSNELLS OBEDIENCE DOG CLUB

Club Type: Obedience & Agility

Ms G Kay, 31 Tabubil Gardens, BALLAJURA WA 6066

Phone: 0414 867 439 Or

Enquiries: Chris Stone

Phone: 9398 3632

Thanks!! :rofl:

Sonds like everyone is busy and having buckets loads of fun!

We have been going great toilet training was going along swimminly until I had a nap and my fiance took over and we had a lot of accidents!! so back to the start and a huge list of do's and dont's on the fridge for my fiance to follow haha poor bugger more rules than the Kenobi!

I just wanted to ask you if you know the obediance classes in bunbury at the dog club I emailed and called but no answer :laugh: I know its still too soon for him but he is going no if buts and maybes!!! and I would love for him to have some play dates friends (we aleady have a few linned up when hes got his Vacs) or if you have recommendations for somewhere in bunbury that does, I would be very greatful.

I must say he's a bucketful of fun and such a delight oh and what a mums boy he is!

Claire Gick at Benotto does obedience thats were I am taking my two next term, she has a web site

www.benotto.com

or email me private and I can send you her email and phone number

Thanks heaps I had a peek at the site looks great seems like alot of fun and even better as we will be moving out to dalyellup soon so nice and close for us! I can wait to take him! Seems as though she has a lot of returns too from her FB page.

Thanks again

Sonds like everyone is busy and having buckets loads of fun!

We have been going great toilet training was going along swimminly until I had a nap and my fiance took over and we had a lot of accidents!! so back to the start and a huge list of do's and dont's on the fridge for my fiance to follow haha poor bugger more rules than the Kenobi!

I just wanted to ask you if you know the obediance classes in bunbury at the dog club I emailed and called but no answer :laugh: I know its still too soon for him but he is going no if buts and maybes!!! and I would love for him to have some play dates friends (we aleady have a few linned up when hes got his Vacs) or if you have recommendations for somewhere in bunbury that does, I would be very greatful.

I must say he's a bucketful of fun and such a delight oh and what a mums boy he is!

Claire Gick at Benotto does obedience thats were I am taking my two next term, she has a web site

www.benotto.com

or email me private and I can send you her email and phone number

Thanks heaps I had a peek at the site looks great seems like alot of fun and even better as we will be moving out to dalyellup soon so nice and close for us! I can wait to take him! Seems as though she has a lot of returns too from her FB page.

Thanks again

tell her I sent you, she is a good mate and we will be there next term, she has a facebook site called benotto as well ,

see you soon then!

Tiggy, he looks lovely :laugh:

Over the last few days I have been offered 3 pups to show ;) But I want my kelpie pup :eek:

Had a good two days with the pooches at the Royal... BOB for both Kelpies and Lappies on Sunday and then a "fun" day yesterday for agility.

Would have been nice if Abbey and I hadn't stuffed up the last jump in both Masters rounds! Jenna had lots of fun though :rofl: And Varda thought the crowd were too scary to go near this year :laugh:

I bet Jenna loved it :laugh:

I did see you briefly on Sunday but you were busy talking to the general public and we were in a huge rush! Pretty crazy in that dog pavilion!

Jenna loved it - I am not sure OzJen did though ;)

Yeah we were very busy on Sunday. Remind me again why I have an "exotic" breed and one who reminds everyone of their dog? Although apparently I should be breeding working kelpies and selling them for lots of money rather than having show ones :laugh: While it is true that started working kelpies can be sold for a lot of money you have to have the skill (and time) to start them first!

HI everyone!

Just wondering if any of you know of any second hand dog trailers for sale ( 3-4 berth big enough for rottys ) or possibly the best place to find them! they seem to be everyewhere in the other states but not WA!!! annoying... :laugh:

Thanks in advance :laugh:

Jenna loved it - I am not sure OzJen did though :eek:

Yeah we were very busy on Sunday. Remind me again why I have an "exotic" breed and one who reminds everyone of their dog? Although apparently I should be breeding working kelpies and selling them for lots of money rather than having show ones :laugh: While it is true that started working kelpies can be sold for a lot of money you have to have the skill (and time) to start them first!

Heheh I can imagine the look on ozjen's face :rofl:

I bet the Lappies would have pulled a crowd, lovely fluffy teddy bears they are :laugh:

Is that what someone told you RE Kelpies? ;) Then you won't be able to show them!

I got to catch some of the sheepdog demos which were done near the obedience / agiility section, just brilliant stuff, was great to watch.

Haley, you sometimes see trailers for sale on the Dogswest noticeboard. But they don't seem to come up for sale fairly often and are often sold word-of-mouth.

Jenna loved it - I am not sure OzJen did though :rofl:

Heheh I can imagine the look on ozjen's face :rofl:

I bet the Lappies would have pulled a crowd, lovely fluffy teddy bears they are :laugh:

Is that what someone told you RE Kelpies? ;) Then you won't be able to show them!

I got to catch some of the sheepdog demos which were done near the obedience / agiility section, just brilliant stuff, was great to watch.

Lots of people love the lappies (and lots walk straight past them and go up to Banjo :eek: ) And yes that was what someone told me, even after I said I would love to do sheepdog training with Banjo (he has very high drive on sheep) but just don't have the time! Well trained sheepdogs are a joy to watch :rofl:

this one

IMG_1590.jpg

This is why I'm puppy clucky :laugh:

I want him ;)

oh simply devine :laugh: i say go for it too rofl i am no help.

HI everyone!

Just wondering if any of you know of any second hand dog trailers for sale ( 3-4 berth big enough for rottys ) or possibly the best place to find them! they seem to be everyewhere in the other states but not WA!!! annoying... :rofl:

Thanks in advance :rofl:

greyhound people :eek: or buy and alter a normal trailer like we did lol