Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Depends where we want to go and how many people I would think... If we have too many it might have to go after Christmas as a lot of places would be booked out for bigger groups.

The weekend before Christmas is fine for me or midweek a lot of the time...

Anyone keen for a Wed or Thurs night? There is a Mexican restaurant in Vic Park that does $5 frozen cocktails :D Food is reasonably priced, too. It's called Panchos.

Why must you all be so far away! Anyone mentions cocktails and im there :laugh:

Anyone keen for a Wed or Thurs night? There is a Mexican restaurant in Vic Park that does $5 frozen cocktails :D Food is reasonably priced, too. It's called Panchos.

OK now that I'm home I've had a chance to look up their website to confirm details. It's $6 frozen cocktails and tacos on Thursday nights (but other regular priced food is also available).

If this takes anyone's fancy, would anyone be free Thursday 20th for din dins? Anyone welcome!

Or if you have better ideas please let us know! I'm just trying to throw ideas and dates out so we don't umm and ahh for too long and then end up canning the idea altogether cos we couldn't decide laugh.gif

Why must you all be so far away! Anyone mentions cocktails and im there :laugh:

Well you've got just over a week to get here if we do it next week laugh.gif

Does anyone in this thread live in Mandurah?

I am in rocko, I would consider that close :)

( I have recently just moved to Perth from NZ and still getting over how BIG and FAR AWAY everything is lol.)

laugh.gif Don't move to the East Coast, then. Perth is very small and everything is close together in comparison!!!

laugh.gif Don't move to the East Coast, then. Perth is very small and everything is close together in comparison!!!

I would disagree with that :p Just they do things all over the state where as we tend to have things more centralised as there isn't a big enough population to support non-localised services. 1.5 hours over East seems to be a "long" way yet I do that to work every day!

The 20th is fine for me although if we go to Pancho's I would think we would need to book early as they get VERY busy. The other option is somewhere closer to Canning Vale? That may be more central if anyone wants to come from Rockingham/Mandurah way...

Edited by mirawee

I would disagree with that :p Just they do things all over the state where as we tend to have things more centralised as there isn't a big enough population to support non-localised services. 1.5 hours over East seems to be a "long" way yet I do that to work every day!

The 20th is fine for me although if we go to Pancho's I would think we would need to book early as they get VERY busy. The other option is somewhere closer to Canning Vale? That may be more central if anyone wants to come from Rockingham/Mandurah way...

You are confusing, mirawee, or just like to debate with me for fun laugh.gif Basically the same thing. Everything is so spread out and larger population so it's friggin huge. Smaller population here, things closer together. You're the exception though, you live out in whoop whoop so that doesn't count laugh.gif

Happy with Canning Vale, that's closer to home, but do you have any suggestions where though?

Edited by RubyStar

Fully agree that everything seems a bit more further in. I am getting used to it slowly, every now and then I get brassed off because something I might wanna do is all the way NOR. Having that trouble at the moment, really wanting to get into SES with Indie but its an hour and a half each way! (and my car is turbo so it loves petrol!)

I know I am new here, but I would love to tag along, I really need more doggie orientated friends here! (everyone thinks I am nuts)

Fully agree that everything seems a bit more further in. I am getting used to it slowly, every now and then I get brassed off because something I might wanna do is all the way NOR. Having that trouble at the moment, really wanting to get into SES with Indie but its an hour and a half each way! (and my car is turbo so it loves petrol!)

I know I am new here, but I would love to tag along, I really need more doggie orientated friends here! (everyone thinks I am nuts)

Not everyone ;) Chessy thinks you are the bee's knees! :D

Not everyone ;) Chessy thinks you are the bee's knees! :D

It's cos I am a ball throwing machine :p and I give her butt rubs hehe. Sneaky, you changed your name!