Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Second page :o

I had a good weekend :) Spent yesterday morning cheering RS on in her retrieving then spent the afternoon playing with Lappies - which had the added benefit of tiring Jive out :laugh:

Great but veeeery tiring weekend for me. All day obedience trialling on Saturday (and a RN title earnt each for Ruby and Millie in Rally), then all day yesterday retrieving trialling at mirawee's place. Ruby finished another trial, woohoo! :happydance: The last water run was quite a tricky dicky for novice dogs, but 9/10 dogs got it! (the 10th didn't want to get in the water). It was a fair way from the firing point to the edge of the dam wall, then it was a fair swim out to the bird (longer than I thought!). Once the dog disappeared down the dam wall, you didn't see the dog again until it was actually picking the bird up. I waited and waited wondering if Ruby was still on the job or not, then finally saw her head appear in the far distance picking the birdy up - I was mighty chuffed :D She was apparently a bit OCD deciding where to actually enter the water, mirawee reports laugh.gif Kept changing her mind!

I got to have Jive cuddles yesterday, too! And I was in bed by 9pm, unheard of for me! I was knackered, and the look on Ruby's face last night after a full weekend was a look of completely and utterly shattered, the poor girl laugh.gif

She was apparently a bit OCD deciding where to actually enter the water, mirawee reports laugh.gif Kept changing her mind!

She kept us spectators amused :laugh: We all cheered (quietly...) when she finally got her act together and swam out to the bird :D It was a very long swim for the dogs and it would have felt like an eternity to the handlers since they couldn't see their dogs for so long!

Great but veeeery tiring weekend for me. All day obedience trialling on Saturday (and a RN title earnt each for Ruby and Millie in Rally), then all day yesterday retrieving trialling at mirawee's place. Ruby finished another trial, woohoo! :happydance: The last water run was quite a tricky dicky for novice dogs, but 9/10 dogs got it! (the 10th didn't want to get in the water). It was a fair way from the firing point to the edge of the dam wall, then it was a fair swim out to the bird (longer than I thought!). Once the dog disappeared down the dam wall, you didn't see the dog again until it was actually picking the bird up. I waited and waited wondering if Ruby was still on the job or not, then finally saw her head appear in the far distance picking the birdy up - I was mighty chuffed :D She was apparently a bit OCD deciding where to actually enter the water, mirawee reports laugh.gif Kept changing her mind!

I got to have Jive cuddles yesterday, too! And I was in bed by 9pm, unheard of for me! I was knackered, and the look on Ruby's face last night after a full weekend was a look of completely and utterly shattered, the poor girl laugh.gif

Was Ian the judge??

Was Ian the judge??

Iain's first judging appointment is next Sunday. And yes we did have a good chuckle at Ruby making up her mind which was the best spot to get in the water.

Was Ian the judge??

Iain's first judging appointment is next Sunday. And yes we did have a good chuckle at Ruby making up her mind which was the best spot to get in the water.

Who was the judge???

Well done RS, sounds like a great weekend :thumbsup: I didn't get a chane to come over as ended up setting up my great aunts new laptop. Anything on this coming weekend as I'm on my own for a couple of weeks, so could do with a trip out with the camera :)

This weekend is agility on Saturday, retrieving on Sunday, and obedience/rally-o on Monday :)

All at K9 grounds except for retrieving, which is out at Mogumber (so unless you like a road trip, this one is a bit far to pop over laugh.gif)

how has everyone been? had a well known radio hosts, GSD puppy rush up at stella tonight. I sensed the dog might try to chase, so grabbed stella and called him to call the dog away and he just looked at me like i was silly/overprotective. And then he trots out the oh havent our dogs met, he is harmless line. Next minute his dog has a go at another dog. Im glad it wasnt worse :)

Edited by ncarter

That's no good, ncarter! Glad your Stella is ok, though :)

Came home yesterday to a lovely present in my mailbox - Ruby's pet insurance cheque :happydance2: :happydance2: :happydance2:

So after I get the vet to sign the new claim form on Friday, 11 weeks worth of injections are being submitted (then the final 8 weeks).

I'm so glad she is covered! I was going to have to make do if I had to pay it myself, but now that I know my poor overused credit card is going to be fixed with these cheques, it is SUCH a relief!!! :D thumbsup1.gif

I celebrated by buying myself a LARGE coffee today before work rofl1.gifrofl1.gif

I will be at agility on Sat with Banjo and Miss Jive :D

Yay!!

I celebrated by buying myself a LARGE coffee today before work rofl1.gifrofl1.gif

Hey settle down there big spender :rofl: