Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Call name will be Jive (hopefully :p) No idea on registered names. I think it has to have Drover in it but since I don't even know if I am getting a puppy yet (have been told I will have pick bitch but of course there may not be one :p) I haven't bothered to ask LOL

ETA: "She" has had a call name for the last year since we were hoping to get a pup when Jilly was born. Alas Jilly was a singleton pup!

Edited by mirawee

Unfortunately I have been in the position too many times where the puppy hasn't eventuated. We should have had a Lappy puppy around Christmas (which will live with my Mum) but the bitch reabsorbed after the 4 week scan :( Hopefully she will end up with her pup in the second half of this year instead.

As I said above, I had hoped to get a pup from Jilly's litter (although timing wasn't great so that was probably for the best), then this mating was meant to happen in June but didn't due to medical concerns with the bitch and now she is finally nearly ready to whelp! So if I had been bouncing off the walls all that time I would be exhausted by now!

And since I want to show I can't have an obvious "reject" dog either, as good as they are as pets and agility dogs :D So another reason not to get too excited as that is another hurdle to go through! I have enough "rejects" taking up my bed already :rofl:

Wait to see what I am like once puppy is confirmed to come to me though ;) :D :thumbsup:

Edited by mirawee

Yep totally understandable!

Aww poor little rejects :laugh:

Yeah, really "poor" little reject dogs :rofl: I think Banjo would be quite happy to be one of the "rejects" who don't have to do into the show ring :D Although Varda does have a handful of shows a year now (the ones that offer neuter classes...) :rofl:

Gibbs was show quality as a pup but his tail has changed and he no longer fufills the requirements lol - oh well no big deal to me, he is still my golden child

Did the breeder check him out recently? It wasn't that long ago you said you were entering him in the Classic :)

Gibbs was show quality as a pup but his tail has changed and he no longer fufills the requirements lol - oh well no big deal to me, he is still my golden child

Did the breeder check him out recently? It wasn't that long ago you said you were entering him in the Classic :)

Yup took him down on saturday and he met his daddy. His tail set is too low down hs back it should be higher, i suppose it could change again but highly unlikely i guess

a3809aad.jpg

Hmm message last night actually said probably no pups until today :p But who knows. The person who is passing on the info to me is co-owner of the bitch, but she is with her other co-owner to whelp down (who is also Banjo's breeder). Messages are also through FB so I don't know if she can't access it at work LOL.

Weasel, pup will be either red/tan (my preference) or black/tan. I can only get a girl and it will be a show pup so need to wait to see how it grows. Fingers crossed though as they are expecting 5 pups from the scan...

Full sister is here: http://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/profile.asp?dog=52463 :)

I looove red & tans!! Fingers crossed you get the right pup! :crossfingers:

Sorry Mirawee I am a total show doofus, but I didn't think "... & tan" was within the standard? Are there different shows? Also how old before you can tell if they are show prospects?

If she is half as adorable as Jilly she could take over the world! :eek::love: :love:

I know you said its not the same as Kenz's but I do know the propensity for reinjury of anything until properly rehabbed is high. Any potential tendon/ligament damage can take many months to heal properly.

Hopefully Gibbs is better soon :).

Guest RosieFT

No im a bit over the whole thing

Sorry to hear he is still having soundness issues. It is so frustrating isn't it?

I at least feel like i am doing 'something' whether it will work out in the long run I don't know. Trying to even up Rosie's obviously unevenly developed tricep muscles by doing hill work each day. Have just re introduced some jumping and retrieve with non bouncing objects and will see.

ugh "this close' to saying forget it, i just won't do agility anymore and have a limpy dog on occasion and just deal with it.

Edited by RosieFT

Guest RosieFT

I know you said its not the same as Kenz's but I do know the propensity for reinjury of anything until properly rehabbed is high. Any potential tendon/ligament damage can take many months to heal properly.

Hopefully Gibbs is better soon :).

How is Kenz going?