Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

It would be wonderful if we can get people behind us to support this... it's not enough that a few of us are interested... if we can promote it as a pathway that leads to retrieving trials, it is a step into getting people more interested in retrieving. all the retrieving people are wonderfully supportive of new people that come in, but the task of training even for Novice can be daunting for a newbie (scares the crap out of me). offering this as a stepping stone will increase numbers if promoted correctly.

One of my puppy buyers has a major interest in retrieving but they have no idea where to start, and aren't sure they have the time to commit to actual trials at this stage or even training days (shift worker). This would be a good way for them to train for the requirements of the RATG, enter a test, and if they do well, will increase their desire to take it further into training for proper trials.

I was chatting to some people already competing in proper retrieving trials and they dont seem keen to do the ratg's :( its not challenging enough for advanced people i guess but its still a title imo.

If your dog is titled in retrieving you are ineligible to compete in RAT. (Even QND title).

Not right.... as far as I know any dogs titled in retrieving can still compete in these events. Not many do though.

I would re check the RAT rules, it changed in 2010. I can't copy and paste from a PDF on my iPhone but QND is the "lowest" title and both novice snd open tests include that title in the list of reasons for being ineligable. Section 2.3 and 2.4.

I was chatting to some people already competing in proper retrieving trials and they dont seem keen to do the ratg's :( its not challenging enough for advanced people i guess but its still a title imo.

If your dog is titled in retrieving you are ineligible to compete in RAT. (Even QND title).

Not right.... as far as I know any dogs titled in retrieving can still compete in these events. Not many do though.

I thought the same...

I would re check the RAT rules, it changed in 2010. I can't copy and paste from a PDF on my iPhone but QND is the "lowest" title and both novice snd open tests include that title in the list of reasons for being ineligable. Section 2.3 and 2.4.

Here is the quote from the rules and all Retrieving dogs with titles can compete in the Open class. As you can see it say MUST have gained the titles.

2.4. To be eligible to compete in an Open Retrieving Ability Test, a dog must have received three

passes in Novice Retrieving Ability Tests or have gained any of the following Titles as defined

in the Rules for the Conduct of Retrieving Trials for Gundogs (effective 1 Jan 2010) – DM,

CM, QND, NRD, RRD, AARD, RT CH, Nat RT CH, Grand RT CH.

I posted this is another thread but thought you agility/obedience guys here in WA may know of someone....

I am looking for someone who is keen to have an agility/obedience dog from puppy stage and is involved in the sport to take on a coated xolo puppy. They are very widely used in the USA and with great sucess.

If you know of anyone or are interested please email me at [email protected]

regards J

Good luck J, hope you find a great home to showcase the breed :thumbsup:

No retrieving for me :laugh:

But I can give you foal photos ;)

Meet Nigel...

Nigel - What a great name :rofl:

He is adorable mirawee, thanks for the pics :thumbsup:

Nigel is a No Friends :o He is my only foal for the year! Alas he isn't a keeper though as he was born with the wrong type of plumbing. Possibly a good thing as I really need to cut down on ponies not keep more! Particularly as we had a positive 14 day preg test with Diva on the weekend :thumbsup: Her foal will be kept regardless of sex as least initially - although I have told her that if it has external plumbing I will push it back in until it is cooked off :rofl:

WX, I can't wait to see a coated Xolo doing dog sports :thumbsup:

Nigel is a No Friends :o He is my only foal for the year! Alas he isn't a keeper though as he was born with the wrong type of plumbing. Possibly a good thing as I really need to cut down on ponies not keep more! Particularly as we had a positive 14 day preg test with Diva on the weekend :thumbsup: Her foal will be kept regardless of sex as least initially - although I have told her that if it has external plumbing I will push it back in until it is cooked off :rofl:

WX, I can't wait to see a coated Xolo doing dog sports :thumbsup:

Thanks Mirawee they are excellent in the sates and those that follow in the BIG countries would know!! I will no doubt send the coated overeast as noone seems to want one here but a few east are interested, sad but at least it can do what they do best!! I have high hopes in what I know they are good at!! I LOOOVE the name Nigel was exciting to see on FB he finally arrived, gorgeous!

If I wasn't already down for two pups soon (fingers crossed they are both born!) I would consider a coated Xolo ;) But I think 7 dogs on the property will be enough :laugh: When is your girl due?

I love the name Nigel - it is interesting to see people's reaction to it though. I am getting a lot of "why??" but also lots of people telling me they love it :D

Morning Perth people im going to have a bit of a moan. On fri i started with a stomach bug, sat i took meds to stop it and had a reaction to them, felt a bit better sunday, monday was ill again, tues and wed all was good and today im down with it again!! Im so sick of it! Doc says its a virus and i need to let it run its course but its sooo annoying!!

Edited by Mason_Gibbs