Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Yeah i dont know if we will get to minor showdog im just doing it for a bit of fun while he is a baby. Come to the conclusion that i wont have time to show him and trial them both in obedience and do a bit of retrieving as we will never have a free weekend!

I'd suggest you give it a go before you make that decision MG. You might enjoy it just as much if not more than trialling...

however, I am going to say that I love showing dogs. i would love it do it all the time but I know that if I want to get anywhere in any other disciplines with Lulu I have to cut back on shows. If I had little experience and wanted to continue to show and title my dogs in a numerically larger breed like Labs, I would devote more time to showing than other disciplines in order to be successful in the show ring... so really it depends where your focus is.

A friend of mine, the other day, said that she thinks you need at least a year of solid showing to learn to lose and understand why. I think she is right and if you can't find showing rewarding in other ways besides winning, there isn't much point in it.

I think obedience will always be my favorite as its all the hard work you pur in pays off. With showing if a judge doesnt like your dog there is nothing you can do. And there are heaps of labs showing you really have to have something exceptional to get anywhere. I didnt like showing horses so i may feel the same about dogs but im willing to give it a go for now

I saw Gibbs' commercial last night, very cute :thumbsup:

We've had some positive news regarding the two cats back home, it sounds like she has found a lovely home for them :D It's the mother of her sons' friend and she's coming to see them this week - she lives in a nice quiet village, and is 'cat mad' but currently cat-less, and wants some older cats not kittens, so fingers crossed they behave and she falls for them :crossfingers:

Cresties, where is 'back home'? Eastern states or overseas? Fingers crossed for your feline furbabies. A catless catmad woman sounds perfect.

Where do you guys all do show/trial/obedience? Sounds like it's all at the same place. Are there great danes showing regularly? I'd love to come and see them shown. I've never been to a dog show.

Hi HFB :) Back home is the UK, we moved over last year with the gang in the my signature, but for various heartbreaking reasons had to re-home 2 cats, a cocker and a grey :(

We made sure they all went to great homes, but unfortunatly the two cats are bullying my friends original cat, so they are going to a new home.

Edited by CrazyCresties

RS no traiing for me tomorrow... I do want to get back into it soon though. Lulu has one more tooth to lose too - yay!

Horty the shows and most obedience/agility is done at Canine Association grounds in Southern River (cnr ranford and Warton). There aren't that many danes but there are some - not sure if they are regular showers. A dane won puppy in show at the royal :)

Hi SparkyTansy,

Hope to catch up with you at the English Setter Show here in Melb. Will be at the Irish at 9.00am, then the ES 2.00pm. same judge.

Hope you enjoy your stay over here, and the weather will be kind, can be anything this time of the year.

How will I know you??

Welcome to WA Cresties, sorry you had to leave some of your crew behind. :( I can imagine how upsetting that must have been. How long have you been here?

RS no traiing for me tomorrow... I do want to get back into it soon though. Lulu has one more tooth to lose too - yay!

Horty the shows and most obedience/agility is done at Canine Association grounds in Southern River (cnr ranford and Warton). There aren't that many danes but there are some - not sure if they are regular showers. A dane won puppy in show at the royal :)

Ooh really? Damn! I thought about going to the show just to see the dogs but didn't get around to it. Which pup was it? A local or one from the east? Can you remember the prefix? Are they on DOL breed pages? I've been eyeing off a few danes over east as the 'potential parents of my future dane', LOL. I know there aren't that many danes being bred in WA and most are fawns from what I know. I like the blacks and some brindles (the dark chocolatey ones like Kuges was) cos I have to be difficult! :laugh:

This is the boy I like, being shown at the Melbourne Royal. Lapsewood Purple Rain (Coal), he's 10 months old. He was imported from NZ by Rhonda from Underane (who used to have the stunning Underane Barberosa until he sadly passed away too young due to ill health caused by a previous snake bite) and the two oLapsewood siblings I've seen pics of (they are still in NZ) are also drop dead gorgeous.

Coal is the first black in the pics.

second row - third and fourth pics,

third row - first and second pics.

Isn't he a honey! :love:

Must run, work calls!

Hi SparkyTansy,

Hope to catch up with you at the English Setter Show here in Melb. Will be at the Irish at 9.00am, then the ES 2.00pm. same judge.

Hope you enjoy your stay over here, and the weather will be kind, can be anything this time of the year.

How will I know you??

Faytiges I will be hanging out with lesley Shirley and her English Setters. I'm not sure if I'll get there in time to see the irish setter show. If you don't know who Lesley is, but you know who showdog is, she will be able to point me out. I'll be the starry eyed girl hanging around on the outside of the showring, having never seen that many ES together before!

Welcome to WA Cresties, sorry you had to leave some of your crew behind. :( I can imagine how upsetting that must have been. How long have you been here?

Ooh really? Damn! I thought about going to the show just to see the dogs but didn't get around to it. Which pup was it? A local or one from the east? Can you remember the prefix? Are they on DOL breed pages? I've been eyeing off a few danes over east as the 'potential parents of my future dane', LOL. I know there aren't that many danes being bred in WA and most are fawns from what I know. I like the blacks and some brindles (the dark chocolatey ones like Kuges was) cos I have to be difficult! :laugh:

This is the boy I like, being shown at the Melbourne Royal. Lapsewood Purple Rain (Coal), he's 10 months old. He was imported from NZ by Rhonda from Underane (who used to have the stunning Underane Barberosa until he sadly passed away too young due to ill health caused by a previous snake bite) and the two oLapsewood siblings I've seen pics of (they are still in NZ) are also drop dead gorgeous.

Coal is the first black in the pics.

second row - third and fourth pics,

third row - first and second pics.

https://www.facebook...41143865&type=1

Isn't he a honey! :love:

Must run, work calls!

Lovely Horty :) My dad is getting a dane pup soon, hopefully. Probably a black, a pet marked harli or a pet marked mantle. I hope he gets a mantle they are my fave.

Hi SparkyTansy,

How will I know you??

Faytiges I will be hanging out with lesley Shirley and her English Setters. I'm not sure if I'll get there in time to see the irish setter show. If you don't know who Lesley is, but you know who showdog is, she will be able to point me out. I'll be the starry eyed girl hanging around on the outside of the showring, having never seen that many ES together before!

They have been good in previous years & ran fairly well on time schedule ,i hope they do this year as Gordon are not before 4pm or the completion of the ES show .

I hope the weather is kinder than last year although the ES people showed inside whilst the rest of us mud lark out side.Infact it rained all 4 days last year

It will be a very long day