Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I wasn't impressed at all with German judge either :mad He was SO rough looking at my sibes mouths- he counted (outloud may I add) every tooth! and practically had his whole hand in my boys mouth :eek: Also barely looked at dogs on side stack (didnt even get to set up). Also he said no brushes/combs in the ring to the afghans :shrug: FCI judge.

Some really lovely work in all classes at the Royal today :thumbsup:

UDX....just where was the UDX fairey???? She was not in WA today! We all failed the sendaway which is usually the best exercise! Very very distracting ring with lots of pressure from the crowds. Each dog did some lovely stuff and if we combined it all we would have had a nice score between us!!! :laugh:

Brookie won Open with a lovely score of 198 :thumbsup:

I picked up a lurgey and came home with a sore throat...oh well...a medicinal wine will help that!!

Ptolomy's youngster Strauss was lovely showing huge potential for the future....bugga them sit stays!!!

I heard about that....is that next to AMart and Harvey Norman?

Well done Bedazzled and Ptolomy.

BTW there is a new Pet Stock in Midland, I went in on my lunch break today - it's fairly ordinary.. much less variety then BP&G and around the same prices.

I heard about that....is that next to AMart and Harvey Norman?

Well done Bedazzled and Ptolomy.

BTW there is a new Pet Stock in Midland, I went in on my lunch break today - it's fairly ordinary.. much less variety then BP&G and around the same prices.

Yeah thats the one, off Clayton St :)

Ruby and I are looking for a Novice Strategic Pairs partner for the ACWA trial on the 30th October, is anyone interested? She is a 500 height dog but I think the new rules state that she can partner with a 600 dog and they both jump 500, or she can partner with a 400 dog and they both jump 400. So if there are any 400, 500 or 600 height dogs out there willing to have a go, please let me know! She needs one more pass :) Thanks! thumbsup1.gif

Edited by RubyStar

I showed under the Irish judge today ,found her excellent with mouthing dogs (checking more than just the front row) very quick & precise in doing so,great with the dogs & polite.

She no awarded a few dogs today but the main reason seems to be temperament & i have no dramas with that .

I showed under the Irish judge today ,found her excellent with mouthing dogs (checking more than just the front row) very quick & precise in doing so,great with the dogs & polite.

She no awarded a few dogs today but the main reason seems to be temperament & i have no dramas with that .

Glad to see a judge taking temperment into the equation :)

I am glad my dogs are great temperment wise i am wary of what i have read of the german judge very fast i hear. hmm they aren't too keen on holding mouth open though for teeth to be counted :S

Hubby brought me a dremel for the dogs nails now stupid question if i hit quick does it cauterise due to speed or do i still need to have corn flour handy?

still need to have corn flour handy BUT if you haven't cut them that short before i wouldn't rush in before a show & do it.

German judges are normally very particular about full & correct dentition the problem is many people don't train there dogs to have it done.

FCI judges come with different ideals & teeth is usually # 1

Puppies yes it can be harder but adults should happily accept the mouth to open.

Most judges if you do it yourself & do it well have no probs with you using the first step.

still need to have corn flour handy BUT if you haven't cut them that short before i wouldn't rush in before a show & do it.

German judges are normally very particular about full & correct dentition the problem is many people don't train there dogs to have it done.

FCI judges come with different ideals & teeth is usually # 1

Puppies yes it can be harder but adults should happily accept the mouth to open.

Most judges if you do it yourself & do it well have no probs with you using the first step.

Thanks showdog. I always try keep them right short to the top of quick thankfully I didn't make them bleed :D I reckon they can still go shorter but ending on a good note very ahppy both dogs took to it like a duck to water :)

I train mine to open mouth to show teeth as rottis require full dentition and its always checked in specialty shows etc, they will allow mouth opened but if its for an extended time they wont like it at all lol :D

I'll go with the flow and see what happens its all we can do :D

I've been doing some work with Lulu to get her mouth open and allow me to look at her teeth (she's missing a few poor mite, luckily you can see the adult teeth coming in) Ari is fine being mouthed I taught her for the national although the judge at the national didnt count dentition only checked bites. Anyway it should be a good day :)