Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

hee heee you know how their dogs are not stinky, ours are not bouncy, have no prey drive and are a dream at all times LOL

ETA : i am just having a laugh with Amy i know that you all love your dogs and they don't smell. The two i met today were very stinky though! The bernese mountain dog was HUGE i don't think it would be easy to bath, especially over the winter. Please don't hate me cos i'm beautiful.... ;)

Edited by RosieFT

i think it is pretty standard for double coated dogs though.

No it isn't :D Both Lappies and Kelpies have double coats and I haven't known a smelly one of either unless they are allowed to roll in something gross :o:rofl:

I dont think mine smell too bad either.... Mason gets a stinky smell to him though around once a year, cant be explained he has had tests and all sorts, it smells like bad feet ( and his anal glands have been checked its not that either).

Ditto. Mine don't have a general doggy odour to them that I can recall, but they might smell dirty when they are dirty :laugh: Oh, and wet. I fully admit, my dogs stink when they are wet!!! rofl1.gif

ok.. well then... perhaps i have only met pet dogs with bad diets and never washed dogs.... i will just get back in my box now.. (amy you get me? right? LOL)

No I get you. As I said before, my oldie Chloe used to be on the nose quite bad if she was overdue for a bath, and by overdue, it only needed to be a couple of days!!

You've pat Ruby heaps before, did she leave a smell on you? Gosh I'm paranoid now, think I might bath the dogs on the weekend rofl1.gif

Boxers don't have smelly coats either :) We have visitors around alot and they always comment how lovely Bondi's coat is and how clean she is- and they all assume I bath her lots :laugh: Bondi would be lucky to get 3 baths a year :o But that said, she is an inside dog.. she just doesn't get dirty :) Booker gets bathed for shows- nice and easy.

Working at the kennels, I definately think certain breeds have more smelly coats.... labradoodle/cavoodley things come to mind! But the MOST smelly dog we ever had in was a Bergamasco (dreadlocks) dog that we shipped to USA... he stunk!!! :eek:

A Puli shouldn't smell if groomed/dried correctly.Each cord needs to be worked in layers

When not groomed they are rank,the worst smell ever,

I fondly remember the Komadors at Adelaide Royal each year they smelt something awful & you dreaded being benched near .

Strong dog smell in the house is disgusting, but even more so is the smell of urine. I have been in a couple of "breeder" houses and the smell was overpowering. How do they live with it ?

Personally, I like the smell of a horse. I can bury my nose into my horse and drink in his particular "smell" anytime. Also like the smell of cows.

Off that subject.......hoping both my girls are preggers. Will find out in 12 days. Fingers xx May be a puppy there for you RS ?? ;)

Strong dog smell in the house is disgusting, but even more so is the smell of urine. I have been in a couple of "breeder" houses and the smell was overpowering. How do they live with it ?

Personally, I like the smell of a horse. I can bury my nose into my horse and drink in his particular "smell" anytime. Also like the smell of cows.

Off that subject.......hoping both my girls are preggers. Will find out in 12 days. Fingers xx May be a puppy there for you RS ?? ;)

Dog Smell. mmmm what is that again ???

eek1.gif Don't temp me, FD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rofl1.gif

:crossfingers: that you have puppy breath coming your way. And maybe I need to cross them for me to stay strong and not cave in to naughty tempting puppy suggestions ;) laugh.gif

I am sooooooooooooo excited.. we are getting a second dog.. a little girl called Francesca (think that name has to go!) she is a labradoodle... she is black with white paws!!