Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Mr Booker had his first show today (was going to scratch him so his first show would be boxer specialty, but decided to show him today as he was there anyway) He was better behaved than I expected (no wrestling around on the floor so the judge could examine him, he stood pretty still :) ) and although he jumped around abit running around the ring, we did manage to get him to gait nicely part of the way :) He was happy in confident in the ring so I'm very pleased with him. Back to do it all again at the Boxer specialty tomorrow :D

He looks gorgeous boxagirl :D How did you get on yesterday?

I had a lovely big goofy male boxer in my garden yesterday while I took a few pics of him, didn't realise they slobbered so much! :laugh:

Had a great weekend with my 2 boys - they are really bonding now its great to see.

I got to see Gibbs on saturday, he is totally adorable :love: Mason was so lovely with him, looks like they are going to be best buddies :D

Happy Birthday Ari :birthday:

Anyone want to dogsit a female rotti or male rotti for a month lol i have two bitches come in a day apart oh joy of joys and this will be chances first time experiencveing bitches in season lol i think i might be in for some fun wish me luck thankfully they should be almost completely our before the royal perfect timing girls :D

emery, without fail, every year, Ari comes in for the royal... and even when her timing is out for her other season, she still manages to come in the week, or the week before, the royal. She is due in season this month too... no signs yet that she is coming in. Good luck with your girls and chance - I don't envy you, poor James usually goes on a Doggy holiday while Ari is in. I just hope that Lulu and Ari sync up eventually.

emery, without fail, every year, Ari comes in for the royal... and even when her timing is out for her other season, she still manages to come in the week, or the week before, the royal. She is due in season this month too... no signs yet that she is coming in. Good luck with your girls and chance - I don't envy you, poor James usually goes on a Doggy holiday while Ari is in. I just hope that Lulu and Ari sync up eventually.

bring her round my girls might bring her in for you i was actually stressing that squid would be in for the royal thankfully brought her in :D though i am wondering if hre mother will go back to 6 months she is 10 months post puppies and this is her first season kelari is 8 months form her first season.

I am thinking if it gets too much i will take chance to my mums as he will have doggy company and no smells but i may need to crate him at the royal depending how the girls are looking lol.

boxagirl how did you go with Booker yesterday?

I was going to go look for you with Lulu (was at the working dog club show) but I had to leave early!

mas I am glad that your boys are getting along so well.

Booker beat his brother :) He got 3rd in his class, and was beaten by two older (and much bigger) pups- so I am pleased with how he went :) He enjoyed himself, and I enjoyed showing him :) Got his first ribbon too :laugh: even if it is 3rd.

post-4216-0-38129900-1315825166_thumb.jpg

Awwww well done Booker :thumbsup:

Well Daisy had an interesting afternoon.......I got home opened the gate, got the car in, closed the gate and then out of no where Daisy appeared :eek: My two are indoor dogs, they have never had to stay outside in their life!

After a panicked call to the dog walker (who comes round to let them out for a pee break) it out turns out that Daisy must have snuck back out after she got them back indoors. Daisy is the type of dog who only goes outside when forced, much prefers the comfort of a sofa :laugh: But today after she let them back in, she had had a moment with Louis on the sofa and Daisy must have gone back outside.......she was only out for about 3hrs and our garden is very secure, but Daisy definitely does not want to be an outside dog :laugh:

I will swap your 2 for our 5 ,they have come in 2 months early .Luckily all our girls come in the same time

5 girls in season at once :o i think i'll stick with my two :laugh: At least they love their crates its a bonus

I would prefer 5 girls in season at once rather than spread over the year!

CC, at least it was a nice day for Daisy to be outside :laugh:

BG, well done to Booker :)

With all you lucky WA DOLers having puppies at the moment I thought I'd let you know there's a huge play pen for sale on gumtree for $50

http://perth.gumtree.com.au/c-Pets-pet-supplies-pet-products-Large-Pet-Play-Pen-W0QQAdIdZ313690010

Great value considering that two compost packages from Bunnings (8 panels) costs about the same but is not nearly as big. I was tempted to get it myself but I won't have another puppy for a while and have no where to store it and even then, I already have play pens! I am a terrible impulse buyer :laugh:

anyone know if there is a chihuahua rescue group in Perth? I found an old girl out at Dwellingup today. Im gonna take her to the vet tomorrow and see if she is chipped, but i doubt she will be judging by the state of her.

I was driving past and i saw a guy in the car with the window down talking to this little dog. At first I thought he might just be pretending to drive off Jan Fenenell style. But then he did drive off so i did a U-turn and she jumped in and sat on my lap and stayed there all the way back to Perth.

Hi there sorry to butt in - I have an urgent need for a kennel just for a short stay this weekend - can anyone recommend a good one?

Sorry sinta, I haven't used any kennels yet in Perth, so can't advise I'm afraid, hope you find somewhere soon :)

anyone know if there is a chihuahua rescue group in Perth? I found an old girl out at Dwellingup today. Im gonna take her to the vet tomorrow and see if she is chipped, but i doubt she will be judging by the state of her.

Awwwwww poor old girl, what is it with old chi's? :( The one we found wandering along the road at 2am was an old male chi, very over weight and overgrown claws. He ended up at Shenton, but wasn't there for long before he got a home :)

Hope 'your' little girl is either re-united with her owners or found a good home :)