Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Wasn't my weekend with my own dogs :laugh: Banjo decided that 8 weeks without training in a Club environment = a distracted Kelpie. Although he did some good bits as well and I forgot he is a "baby" dog in my handling of the tyre. Jenna decided that it was too short a time since she did agility last so had lots of fun "telling" me what we were meant to do next which meant that she forgot to listen to what we were really meant to do :rofl: And Abbey after 8 weeks of no training with me and a week out of season when clear in both Masters Agility and Jumping :thumbsup: Albeit slow and steady with me even telling her at one stage that she can speed up :p I can't believe how hot it was yesterday though... keep away summer!

She has just turned 2 :)

Wow! I was expecting a few more years on that. You have certainly started the training young (and well done on the Club letting her have a go) :thumbsup: Look out Junior Handlers 2016 :laugh:

Wasn't my weekend with my own dogs :laugh: Banjo decided that 8 weeks without training in a Club environment = a distracted Kelpie. Although he did some good bits as well and I forgot he is a "baby" dog in my handling of the tyre. Jenna decided that it was too short a time since she did agility last so had lots of fun "telling" me what we were meant to do next which meant that she forgot to listen to what we were really meant to do :rofl: And Abbey after 8 weeks of no training with me and a week out of season when clear in both Masters Agility and Jumping :thumbsup: Albeit slow and steady with me even telling her at one stage that she can speed up :p I can't believe how hot it was yesterday though... keep away summer!

She has just turned 2 :)

Wow! I was expecting a few more years on that. You have certainly started the training young (and well done on the Club letting her have a go) :thumbsup: Look out Junior Handlers 2016 :laugh:

Agree about the heat - I was also hot yesterday and after a short walk/play in the park yesterday Mason was absolutely finished.....

Hush hush you people and complaining about the heat!!!! Was a glorious day yesterday, I was dressed in summer gear! But then the weather changed so suddenly :( I don't mind the heat if I'm not trialling - which just means they need to let us host more night time trials, who cares if it's cold at night, it's the best time for training/trialling!

I went to the Curtin Uni Open Day yesterday, looking at applying for next year, very excited thumbsup1.gif

There is a pattern forming, I think we might have something with this no training scheme :laugh: Well done with Abbey!

I find it hard to get motivated on Mondays :o Although I have put in a free shipping order for CR and am now looking at a paid shipping order ;)

Me too, blergh....

Ooooh what are you ordering?

Ooooh what are you ordering?

Um... stuff?

A new cool coat for Banjo after the heat yesterday and a few of the high-vis toys from the free shipping.

I really like the look of their British-style slip leads as well - and they come in funky colours :D So have a couple of them, some more toys and some books in the paid shipping order - but think I will have to remove stuff coz shipping is over $50 :eek:

Food and suppliments won't get through customs :)

I would wait to get a cool coat until the pup is older as well. You would need a different size at least once a month until the pup is 7 or 8 months old otherwise!

ETA: Remember your new pup is a light colour this time as well... the only reason Banjo needed a cool coat yesterday is because he is black, otherwise he would be fine :)

Edited by mirawee

ETA: Remember your new pup is a light colour this time as well... the only reason Banjo needed a cool coat yesterday is because he is black, otherwise he would be fine :)

While Millie is hotter to the touch because of her darker coat, Ruby acts like she feels the heat more than Millie. I'll need to remember to take my cool coats to trials now. I also bought a spray bottle so I can spray their faces and feet, just need to remember to put it in the car and leave it there!

I have opposites, the one that is all black LOVES the heat and will often be found on a 40 degree day sunbaking, yet the one with white parts hates the heat! And he is the one that comes from 100 years of Australian dogs, and wasn't developed in the UK, go figure :laugh:

Amypie, the one with white parts is still mostly black, particularly across his back :laugh:

Kinta is dark brown as apposed to Banjo's black - but I would say Banjo definitely feels the heat (and cold) more than Kinta. Maybe it is a wussy dog thing rather than a coat colour thing? :rofl:

Amypie, the one with white parts is still mostly black, particularly across his back :laugh:

Kinta is dark brown as apposed to Banjo's black - but I would say Banjo definitely feels the heat (and cold) more than Kinta. Maybe it is a wussy dog thing rather than a coat colour thing? :rofl:

Yeah I know but he is the one from 100 years of Australian dogs?? Then so is Banjo. Must be a wussy dog thing then :rofl:

I ordered the boys these today - http://www.coolingvests.com.au/k9_cooling_vest.htm

They got really warm on our walk yesterday morning, so I thought I better get them cool coats ready for summer trials, if we ever trial that is. :o:laugh:

I don't like the Cool Champion coats. I have one but find they are a pain to use and not as good as the much cheaper one I bought from CleanRun last year. Which of course I couldn't find when I looked for it yesterday morning :laugh:

I decided to try this one this time: http://www.cleanrun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2909 :)

I wanted one of those silver ones too Mirawee but they are sold out in Trixie's size and Kyzer already has two so shouldn't buy him one :o We have the white ones from Clean Run which aren't bad but dry out quickly.