Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

that is interesting... not sure why they'd revert back to that rule with no associate dogs.

The American Kennel Club changed its rules last year (or the year before) to finally allow mixed breeds to compete... so I am not sure why ANKC would revert back to that when so much of what we do is influenced by the UK KC and the AKC.

exactly - and until they change the WA rule to papers being given out with the puppies registered, some people just aren't going to have the papers to prove their purebred dog is papered, and have to resort to the associate...same for rescues that are most definitely pure but don't have papers to go with them. HOpefully the new microchipping rule can change that also.

Not sure but it was mentioned to some people at our club....

I am a bad girl, after buying the crate online this am I now went to City Farmers and got Mason a new collar and lead ( i felt bad for all the stuff new addition is getting plus I had $10 to redeem). Now all i need for pup is his bag of food and thats about it :) rego name will be Arctic Storm or Cold as Ice but we cannot agree on a call name, the only ones we agree on are Gibbs or Storm. I want to order those Boomerang tags like you have RS so I need to make up my mind quick smart ( or I guess I could just put a number and no name )

I really want to get Zora a nice collar and lead set :o But I am going to wait till she has finished growing or buy something special in America. :)

I just got the pup a set from City Farmers - will also wait till he stops growning to get summing else

I still have the lead/collar sets I bought from BP&G when I got Millie and they are still lingering as my every day lead (I love them cos they are light and mum chopped them down for me to a nice short length). But I bought nice ones from etsy in America for obedience trials. Agility trials I use rope slip leads I bought, that Ptolomy called "horse leads" and funny enough, they were custom made by people who make horse products ;) laugh.gif Now I want nice tuggy leads from Rush to Tug and a nice light and shorter rope slip lead for retrieving. I want a pretty hot pink one and I plan on getting me some hot pink Hunter wellies to match so we'll be looking all spiffy when I eventually trial, who cares if the dogs fails :rofl:

Edited by RubyStar

Do you have a room just for dog stuff RS? sounds like you need one!! :laugh:

I like the slip lead you used for retrieving that time - i think it was green? Is that the one you now use for Agility trials?

Mine get what they are given - and mostly they are handmedowns... I still have an use on occasion both leads from Sparky and Tansy, that are still going strong. In saying that though, I did go out and buy a matching lead and collar for Lulu, she has always had the pink theme so she will forever have pink stuff I think. And all my dogs do have their own collars... Ari has purple. James is blue and Spartan is usually red but he can't wear a permanent collar due to his skin issues.

I'm picking up JT, Lulu's brother, tomorrow night to stay for the weekend... and RV is staying over on Friday night for the show on Saturday... i have a feeling Friday night is going to be absolute bedlam!! :laugh: plus we have to keep the fluffy white one kind of clean!!!

Do you have a room just for dog stuff RS? sounds like you need one!! :laugh:

Yep, it's called the garage/shed! laugh.gif

I have several shelves in the garage of dog stuff (old and new toys, leads, old bowls, etc) and 2 shelves in my linen cupboard are now taken over by dog things.

I'm not obsessed with buying dog things, honest! eek1.gif

Speaking of dog things, I got a card in my mailbox yesterday for a parcel to pick up at the post office! I suspect it's the Alphabet Drills book/CD thumbsup1.gif

Now to arrange to distribute to everyone.... and nope, I won't be at the trials this weekend, sorry!!

laugh.gif That is pretty girly!! How much do you want for it?

ST, I don't have a green slip lead, maybe you are thinking of someone else? I have a purple one and a brown one, then the ones I use for agility are my black/pink and black/purple ones. I should really use the purple and brown ones, they are thinner and lighter!

I always use the same leads - either black dog ones (I have three, the newest was bought when I got Trixie 2 years ago) or the clean run slip leads, also bought a while ago, but these are really for Kyzer, Prefer a martingale on Trixie. I also haven't bought them new collars for well over a year :eek: I only buy Trixie custom made martingales which makes it a bit harder. I'm sure I'll get her a special one for trialling, but don't think I really like those polar fleece ones :o Don't know why?

I have a green rope slip lead, never use it - too big for my two really

amypie met Bear. He is real! She doesn't think he looks like a puppy though. :laugh:

But he isn't anymore though is he? :p How old is he now?

Glad you got the DVD's. Hope you haven't already got them!

He turns 1 on the 29th of this month. Time has sure flown! He still looks puppyish to me though. :D

The DVD's are still in my car. I'll have a look later. :)

RS i should give you my sliplead, i ordered it online and its kinda girly in real life the pink thread is quite bright

I paid $22 and only used it once, its thinner than your slipleads and not very long so see it in real life first. I was going to keep it if i got a girl but will have to order 2 boyish ones now :)

If RS does not want it second dibs for Zora! Toby has a red one the exact same and I like the width and length.

Hmmm my dogs have a dog cabinet (ST's OH had a laugh when I was telling them how I invented that) as well as the back of my car (where my gazebo, 2 crates and tarps are kept)

thats what the door handle is for looks at hers two show number holders a bait bag a dog collar and about 6 leads :rofl:

here is a few updated pics of Moccarott Chapaka Dare T Dream "Kelari" "squid" at 17.5 months of age

post-33396-0-74579100-1313560781_thumb.jpg

post-33396-0-10203200-1313560802_thumb.jpg

post-33396-0-61410900-1313560816_thumb.jpg