Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Is titre testing at 16 weeks really needed and give accurate results? Sounds like a lot of us have just gone the 12 week one, waited 10 days, then declared our dogs good to go laugh.gif

Edited by RubyStar

Is titre testing at 16 weeks really needed and give accurate results? Sounds like a lot of us have just gone the 12 week one, waited 10 days, then declared our dogs good to go laugh.gif

My vet wont be happy if i just do nOthing as Ellenbrook is a huge parvo area

AVA vaccination reccomendations

http://www.ava.com.au/policy/67-vaccination-dogs-and-cats

"Because of maternally derived antibody and the variability in its level and duration between individuals, vaccines should ideally be administered two to three times to puppies and kittens, with timing of the final dose being variable but not earlier than the age of 16 weeks (the suggested age varies with the manufacturer and the vaccine). If cost is an issue and only one vaccine is possible, it should be at the age of 16 weeks or older."

Mas as always a personal choice...

with Wei's we recommend 12 week C3 and no booster at 16 weeks - next one being a C3 or C5 at 12 months and that is it.

I believe that the C3 (brand) is the only one that has been actually tested and recommended to last 3 years. the others have not. i could be wrong though a vet student advised me of this.

As for puppy classes it depends where they are held... if they are at a park, well then I'd be waiting until after the 12 week vac... if they are held somewhere like a private location then I'd take them before their 12 week vac.

Emery BEST OF LUCK with bub i hope you have a smooth whelping delivery ;)

My vet wont be happy if i just do nOthing as Ellenbrook is a huge parvo area

Yep sorry I understand that, I should have phrased the first bit better. What I meant was, is titre testing a 16 week old going to give accurate results based on levels of maternal antibodies that may or may not still be around, and other factors. Genuine question, not trying to say one way or the other is better, just curious if anyone knows :)

Guest RosieFT

Rosie had 3 vaccinations... a c3 at 6 weeks, then c5 at 14 and 18 weeks ( was supposed to be at 12 & 15 weeks according to the schedule, but second vaccination was late).

I give her one annually as well. I spoke to vet when i took Rosie to her annual vaccination and she said that since people have been extending vaccination times, they have seen more cases of parvo than ever before. Whether that is due to people forgetting to vaccinate after the longer time, or the efficacy I don' t know.

Or another "M" name? If were doing names, can you suggest some for a JRT, I like Nell but Im having second thoughts. OUr BC is called 'Fly', the pups mum is 'fanny' and her dad (coincidentally) is 'Fly' :rofl

I was going to stick with the 'F' theme but none I really like have jumped at me.. Any ideas?? :confused:

Edited by joelle

Or another "M" name? If were doing names, can you suggest some for a JRT, I like Nell but Im having second thoughts. OUr BC is called 'Fly', the pups mum is 'fanny' and her dad (coincidentally) is 'Fly' :rofl

I was going to stick with the 'F' theme but none I really like have jumped at me.. Any ideas?? :confused:

I assume it's a girl?

Fay, Faith, Flip...

I assume it's a girl?

Fay, Faith, Flip...

Sorry, yes shes a girl. no none of them have me going "Yes yes yes" :rofl: as nice as they are!